Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Why is it so difficult to get accor rewards to credit points properly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold

I have never been quite sure who is responsible for crediting bonus point from promotions, if you are lucky enough to get them credited at all. In March this year I had registered for a bonus offer for stays in the USA and when I queried the missing points, I was told I had not registered for the bonus. This was the second time this had happened. I know I did register. Why would I not register for a USA offer when I knew I was going to be in the USA during the validity of the offer? But I had no proof. Unlike other loyalty schemes, details of offers for which you register are shown nowhere on your profile, a suggestion I have made to accor rewards but which, of course, has not ben taken up.

So when I registered for two offers duting the summer, I took a screenshot/screencapture of the page telling me I had registered for the offer. The bonus points from one promotion (in the UK) went through. I even noticed that the bonus appeared at exactly the same time as the ordinary points, so I guess it was triggered by the hotel posting those. But nothing at all has appeared for a French promotion, even after staying in three different hotels. Five days ago, I sent in a request for the points to be credited and included the screenshot/screencapture, but other than acknowledgement that my request had been received and would be dealt with 'as soon as possible', I have heard nothing. Now another the points for another French hotel stay have not registered anything at at all, a week after check-out. I asked for an receipt to be emailed to me when I checked out, but the member of staff said, 'here's a printed version, that will do'. I hadn't time to argue because I needed to go out for the airport shuttle I had booked to pick me up. In fact, that didn't come, so I came back in and remnded them I had a plane to catch. The same member of staff then disappeared to deal with that.

Should I first try and hurry them on the first request (non-appearance of bonus points) and how much longer should I wait? I am loathe to start a separate request for the stay for which nothinjg at all has posted, since presumably, unless they have dealt with my first request, the bonus points won't appear for that hotel either. And in any case, I shall have to scan the paper receipt (accor seeming, unlike other reward schemes, to be incapable of tracing your booking from the reference and membership number).

The worst feature of the programme is the frequent waste of time we have to spend on these matters.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by rangerss75
I have never been quite sure who is responsible for crediting bonus point from promotions, if you are lucky enough to get them credited at all. In March this year I had registered for a bonus offer for stays in the USA and when I queried the missing points, I was told I had not registered for the bonus. This was the second time this had happened. I know I did register. Why would I not register for a USA offer when I knew I was going to be in the USA during the validity of the offer? But I had no proof. Unlike other loyalty schemes, details of offers for which you register are shown nowhere on your profile, a suggestion I have made to accor rewards but which, of course, has not ben taken up.

So when I registered for two offers duting the summer, I took a screenshot/screencapture of the page telling me I had registered for the offer. The bonus points from one promotion (in the UK) went through. I even noticed that the bonus appeared at exactly the same time as the ordinary points, so I guess it was triggered by the hotel posting those. But nothing at all has appeared for a French promotion, even after staying in three different hotels. Five days ago, I sent in a request for the points to be credited and included the screenshot/screencapture, but other than acknowledgement that my request had been received and would be dealt with 'as soon as possible', I have heard nothing. Now another the points for another French hotel stay have not registered anything at at all, a week after check-out. I asked for an receipt to be emailed to me when I checked out, but the member of staff said, 'here's a printed version, that will do'. I hadn't time to argue because I needed to go out for the airport shuttle I had booked to pick me up. In fact, that didn't come, so I came back in and remnded them I had a plane to catch. The same member of staff then disappeared to deal with that.

Should I first try and hurry them on the first request (non-appearance of bonus points) and how much longer should I wait? I am loathe to start a separate request for the stay for which nothinjg at all has posted, since presumably, unless they have dealt with my first request, the bonus points won't appear for that hotel either. And in any case, I shall have to scan the paper receipt (accor seeming, unlike other reward schemes, to be incapable of tracing your booking from the reference and membership number).

The worst feature of the programme is the frequent waste of time we have to spend on these matters.
fortunately I’ve never had problems to get credit points from offers with Accor.

Only sometimes I have to ask points for a stay. But I just take a picture of receipt with my mobile and send by the website form and I receive credit points in 2 days maximum
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Is there an Accor lurker on FT

No reply from Customer Service after ten days. Another stay has still not posted any points, but I want to sort out the non-posting of the bonus first.
Another poster in the 'offers' thread complains of lack of response when submitting a claim for points which have not credited.

What are we supposed to do?
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:26 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
No reply from Customer Service after ten days. Another stay has still not posted any points, but I want to sort out the non-posting of the bonus first.
Another poster in the 'offers' thread complains of lack of response when submitting a claim for points which have not credited.

What are we supposed to do?
There used to be.. Amy.
But she has not been seen for some time.

Generally in the last couple of months the AccorHotels support on FT and direct has spiralled downwards.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
There used to be.. Amy.
But she has not been seen for some time.

Generally in the last couple of months the AccorHotels support on FT and direct has spiralled downwards.
I really regret the absence of concierge Accorhotels on this forum for a few weeks. Accor should be inspired by hilton whose HonorsRepresentative is very active on the hilton forum.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:52 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
You can of course argue that they don't HAVE to be on here... But with the merger etc you would think they'd be more proactive on a forum where both programs are represented...
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:28 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
You can of course argue that they don't HAVE to be on here... But with the merger etc you would think they'd be more proactive on a forum where both programs are represented...
It seems Accor have lost interest in FT which is a shame. Yes there is a lot of criticism but if they really want to know road warriors' opinions there is no better place to get feedback. Sometimes feedback hurts.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Well, I've made a second request - ten days after the original one, to which still no reply - and recevied the customary acknowledgement. After the message is sent the wesbite says that I'll hear from them within 48 hours (hmm..clarly not), while the email acknowledgement says, 'as soon as possible.' If I hear nothing by the end of the week I'll try phoning.

This enquiry concerns bonus points linked to an offer, so there is no need to send them a receipt (the regular points have credited). Twice in the past I have been told I didn't register for such an offer (though I'm 99% sure I did). This time I took a screen capture of the page telling me that I had registered and I attached that to both the original and now this second request. It would help that offers for which we had registered were noted in our profiles, and that the registeration was confimed by email. Other schemes do this.

Once this is solved, I'll chase up the hotel which hasn't recorded any points at all and insisted on giving me a paper receipt rather than the usual, useful pdf file via email.

All this is annoyingly time-consuming. But thanks for everyone's replies.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
Ive taken to social media to get responses from Accor - the responses have not been to my liking, but they responded at least.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Update: After my second request, I received a reply from Customer Service, saying that they will reply as soon as they can (the initial request form says 'within 48 hours'), giving me a reference number and saying 'do get in touch if you have any questions/problems' etc. Two days later, I reecive a request for details of my reservations.. Although I couldn't see whay they needed these (three hotels had posted regular ponts: this is a question of a promotional bonus), of course I sent them. And, for good measure, I added that another stay that had not been credited at all (neither regular nor promotion bonus points). That was a week ago. Nothing further since.

Is there no way this forum could indicate to someone not my particular issue, but that Accor Rewards Customer Service is utterly dire? Anyone, to whom I could write?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Update: After my second request, I received a reply from Customer Service, saying that they will reply as soon as they can (the initial request form says 'within 48 hours'), giving me a reference number and saying 'do get in touch if you have any questions/problems' etc. Two days later, I reecive a request for details of my reservations.. Although I couldn't see whay they needed these (three hotels had posted regular ponts: this is a question of a promotional bonus), of course I sent them. And, for good measure, I added that another stay that had not been credited at all (neither regular nor promotion bonus points). That was a week ago. Nothing further since.

Is there no way this forum could indicate to someone not my particular issue, but that Accor Rewards Customer Service is utterly dire? Anyone, to whom I could write?
I dont know but I have experienced your frustration many times so I feel for you. Customer services at accor are one of the most difficult people to deal with that I've ever had the displeasure of contacting. The whole send me a scanned picture of your invoice is the most ridculous thing ever if some points are missing.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:08 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Accor customer support has never been great and, based on other threads in this forum, they are currently in a complete mess due to the botched merger with Fairmont. Account weren't merged properly, mine has been locked for months now, without being able to make reservations or use my points.
I also have a missing bonus points request, but have not received a response for months... so in your case, I wouldn't have high hopes to get those bonus points anytime soon. It has taken 4-6 weeks before this mess started, now it's anybody's guess... don't hold your breath.
I'm looking for contact info of media or investor relations - but they seem to be hiding as well. Anybody have any contacts at Accor Corporate?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Accor Customer Service is basically non-existent and serves only as a messenger to inform the hotel to do the right thing. If the hotel does not do the right thing and customer insists then Customer Service keeps informing the hotel to do the right thing.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:08 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by pb9997
Accor Customer Service is basically non-existent and serves only as a messenger to inform the hotel to do the right thing. If the hotel does not do the right thing and customer insists then Customer Service keeps informing the hotel to do the right thing.
I don't think that's fair - Accor CS first tries to get rid of the customer with a cut & paste email that doesn't relate to the inquiry at all. Only then do they inform the hotel...
They have the important function of reducing the inquiries to hotels by getting as many people as spossible to give up...
Kobetraveller and pb9997 like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
In Italy, after several years of great service, customer service is really getting worst, since one month ago

it seems something has been changed. Now for every thing there is never immediate and direct feedback

always “your compliance/ request has been registered and we will give you feedback ASAP”

after you need always to write them again ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.