Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Prepaid confirmed booking not charged to my cc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G

First time this happens: Booked a room at prepaid rate, received confirmation and booking shows up in My Bookings with Amount already paid but my credit card activities does not show a charge for this.
Anything I should do or just wait until check in?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
How long has it been?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:36 am
Original Poster

booking made aug 05 res for sept 13
any cc expense showing up within a few days, never more than say 5 days.

Last edited by tartempion; Aug 27, 2018 at 1:42 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tartempion
booking made aug 05 res for sept 13
any cc expense showing up within a few days, never more than say 5 days.
In my own experience prepaid rates can be charged immediately or after a few days, weeks or months, up to a few days before arrival...
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Perhaps just call to confirm you actually still have a reservation
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:30 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Where is the hotel? I've had Accor hotels in Asia that didn't charge the credit card until I arrived, then asked for my physical credit card. That was confusing because I had prepaid, didn't want to get charged twice and didn't have access to my card account immediately to verify.
In some cases, the hotels don't receive the reservation electronically, so they only charge when you get there. In some cases, they might try to avoid a higher merchant fee for credit card use without the card being present...
If the reservation is showing on the Accor site I wouldn't worry, probably just poor system integration between Accor and the property. If you are concerned, call the hotel to verify that they indeed have the reservation..
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I've seen this quite often, they'll charge the card a week or two before your arrival, they'll still ask for it at check-in because they need to hold a security deposit
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks all, I'll see at check in and check cc activity regularly anyway..
Hotel is in Istanbul, European side of the world, Asia a few miles away...

Fyd, is it the hotel who charges the card then? I thought it was Accor....My cc has always been charged in case of prepaid rates within a few days from booking, I usually stay in Asia Accor hotels.

Last edited by tartempion; Aug 27, 2018 at 10:23 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tartempion
Ok thanks all, I'll see at check in and check cc activity regularly anyway..
Hotel is in Istanbul, European side of the world, Asia a few miles away...

Fyd, is it the hotel who charges the card then? I thought it was Accor....My cc has always been charged in case of prepaid rates within a few days from booking, I usually stay in Asia Accor hotels.
The hotel is charging the CC, not Accor.
There's nothing to worry about. Usually they charge quickly after booking (from immediately to 2 days after), sometimes much later and sometimes at stay dates.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:04 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Some Accor hotels are seemingly not "hooked up" to the online prepayment system. Similar to what @Fyd said, I've booked prepaid rates with some Accor hotels but have never had payment charged. They then took payment at the end of my stay.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Some Accor hotels are seemingly not "hooked up" to the online prepayment system. Similar to what @Fyd said, I've booked prepaid rates with some Accor hotels but have never had payment charged. They then took payment at the end of my stay.

There is a downside to this .... if the hotels currency is not that of your own ( ie US$ or € or GB£ then some one is taking a small exchange rate gamble ..... ) I would always like to know what I have paid and when I have paid it.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hotel_user
There is a downside to this .... if the hotels currency is not that of your own ( ie US$ or € or GB£ then some one is taking a small exchange rate gamble ..... ) I would always like to know what I have paid and when I have paid it.
For sure. But unless you book many months in advance and in countries with a high risk of important currency fluctuation, it really doesn't matter (impact will be a few EUR or USD and it can be in your favor). If you are in the rare cases where it can matter, then you can remind the hotel to charge your card ASAP.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hotel_user
Funny, I'll see how it goes: Accor mail confirm shows € and manage my bookings show THB (my country of residence) whilst hotel country is TRY and my cc currency is €....
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:04 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
I prepaid a Ibis in Munich. No charge on the cc, when I checked in I asked about the no charge and the woman said it was being charged as we speak. Some hotels will wait until check in and some until check out, regardless your not going to get your money back, it's theirs.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Currency conversion is an issue indeed.
The booking I refer to (aug 05 2018 res stay sept 13) 78.30€ at booking, 81.70 when charged at check out. 3.40€, that's 4.34% increase...not a big deal for just one night, but for 10?

Same issue now, booking 05 mar for stay 26 mar for 42k THB, approx 1175€, Euro has weakened loosing 13€ sofar....
In fact I booked the room on 05 mar to ensure I have to pay in april since my cc gets charged the 4th of each month, unless the hotel charges at check out, which I doubt, but would be 5 april.

Last edited by tartempion; Mar 10, 2019 at 6:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.