Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Interesting platinum experience at ibis Amsterdam Centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I don't have much Accor experience, as I never had status until it was granted it through Fairmont.

However, I'm currently on a round the world trip, and have been staying at everything from ibis to Pullman to Fairmont.

I've been generally impressed.

However, this one was odd. We didn't book a room until we were on a train here (our plans are fluid so we're not booking ahead of time). Many places were sold out. Many were 500/night.

We opted for 200/night at the ibis Amsterdam Centre.

Check-in went smoothly, but when we got to our room, we suspected it was for wheelchair-bound people, for a couple reasons (right at the elevator, there are no ledges anywhere - even the the shower is just part of the bathroom with no tub or aepasepa area). But it was fine.

Then I noticed I didn't have my typical drink certificate.

We went downstairs, and because I was looking a likely lost, an employee came over. I asked where I could get my welcome drink. He asked if I had the card. I said no.

Some conversation ensued, he said I needed it, I asked how to get it, etc. He asked what room I was in.

"701"

He reacted as if he didn't believe me. I pulled out my keycard alip that had 701 written on it.

He said it was for invalids. He asked if the room was fine, or if we wanted another. Not wanting to move, I said it was fine.

He then walked us to the bar and got us a drink without needing the little card.

Anyway, just an interesting experience. No complaints really. I got what I paid for.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Upgrade

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't have much Accor experience, as I never had status until it was granted it through Fairmont.

However, I'm currently on a round the world trip, and have been staying at everything from ibis to Pullman to Fairmont.

I've been generally impressed.

However, this one was odd. We didn't book a room until we were on a train here (our plans are fluid so we're not booking ahead of time). Many places were sold out. Many were 500/night.

We opted for 200/night at the ibis Amsterdam Centre.

Check-in went smoothly, but when we got to our room, we suspected it was for wheelchair-bound people, for a couple reasons (right at the elevator, there are no ledges anywhere - even the the shower is just part of the bathroom with no tub or aepasepa area). But it was fine.

Then I noticed I didn't have my typical drink certificate.

We went downstairs, and because I was looking a likely lost, an employee came over. I asked where I could get my welcome drink. He asked if I had the card. I said no.

Some conversation ensued, he said I needed it, I asked how to get it, etc. He asked what room I was in.

"701"

He reacted as if he didn't believe me. I pulled out my keycard alip that had 701 written on it.

He said it was for invalids. He asked if the room was fine, or if we wanted another. Not wanting to move, I said it was fine.

He then walked us to the bar and got us a drink without needing the little card.

Anyway, just an interesting experience. No complaints really. I got what I paid for.
I am Accor Plat, and this has happens to us on occasions when staying in Ibis Red / Styles - the reason is that the room is normally better located in the hotel and is bigger. You have been upgraded in a hotel where all the rooms are the same. You may be the highest status person in the hotel that night. We have no problems with this ( unless we are room blocking which I hope that we are not when checking in ) - Just show your "card" on your phone using the app if asked - one drink per guest in room ( ie 2 for a double room )
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: LH-SEN
Yes, I had the same experience at Berlin Mitte (Novotel). Was a bit surprised at first and may have changed except that I was by myself. They did give me a drinks voucher though!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
But did the other staff seemed shocked you'd been put in a room for "invalids"?

It's not that I got the room. It was the reaction when I told another employee what room I was in.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
What is shocking in this thread is the...€200 for an Ibis
canadiancow and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by Goldorak
What is shocking in this thread is the...€200 for an Ibis
Just Amsterdam in August
canadiancow and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Cheap
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Sorry forgot screen grab

Sorry forgot to attach.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: ALL

Strange !
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Annoying !

We booked elsewhere and not as close

Must be our Platinum advantage lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.