Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel Singapore City Centre - Fairmont Singapore challenge

Sofitel Singapore City Centre - Fairmont Singapore challenge

Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
No that's correct, though could be worded better.

​​​​​​The special lounge at fairmont properties is called Fairmont Gold. You need to typically purchase Gold rooms to access.
Gold rooms are a higher class too.

so this statement
*Note: Le Club AccorHotels room upgrades are not available for Fairmont Gold.

suppose to means that LCAH will not entitle to get upgraded to Fairmont Gold room?

Then there is no point to stay at Fairmont right?

I thought Fairmont Gold was the name of the old program.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
Nope.

The name of the now defunct loyalty program was "Fairmont President's Club". Status levels within that program were "Premier" and "Platinum".

"Fairmont Gold" is the name of the executive/lounge floor product, or Fairmont's version of a "hotel within a hotel" (whatever marketing terminology you prefer).
jiunsoh and gilbertaue like this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:22 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
so this statement
*Note: Le Club AccorHotels room upgrades are not available for Fairmont Gold.

suppose to means that LCAH will not entitle to get upgraded to Fairmont Gold room?

Then there is no point to stay at Fairmont right?

Again, let's see what happens.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Nope.

The name of the now defunct loyalty program was "Fairmont President's Club". Status levels within that program were "Premier" and "Platinum".

"Fairmont Gold" is the name of the executive/lounge floor product, or Fairmont's version of a "hotel within a hotel" (whatever marketing terminology you prefer).
very confusing..... they need to start to "follow" Accor standard. Well, does Accor have a standard to begin with?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:47 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

very confusing..... they need to start to "follow" Accor standard. Well, does Accor have a standard to begin with?
I personally think it's ok. Just a matter of getting used to it. For us it's something new.

Just consider it as Fairmont's way of calling their 'executive' rooms - and include a special lounge for that. So they call that Fairmont Gold. Rooms are higher end, and higher priced.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
@gilbertaue : knowing how well you are treated at SSCC and how nice SSCC is, I think you are very adventurous to try this Fairmont !! .
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
@gilbertaue : knowing how well you are treated at SSCC and how nice SSCC is, I think you are very adventurous to try this Fairmont !! .
Anything for research my friend!
Firsttime4me2 and Goldorak like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:08 am

I personally think it's ok. Just a matter of getting used to it. For us it's something new.

Just consider it as Fairmont's way of calling their 'executive' rooms - and include a special lounge for that. So they call that Fairmont Gold. Rooms are higher end, and higher priced.
hahahaha well does not matter to me also.... coz I may leaving LCAH after I am very frustrated on the inconsistency. both in Accor and Aplus.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Update #2

Email correspondence.

Pros:
- Effectively reaching out.
- don't know if ALL Fairmont do that. If so, good! (Not all Sofitel do so).

Con:
- every single email so far has been replied by a different person.
- I requested mini bar to be cleared prior to arrival. Reply was they will do so without charge (??) huh?
- today received email asking about arrival flight info. Second time they're asking this and I replied already once a few days ago. Of course it's a different person asking.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
I cancelled my Fairmont booking after found out they don't have lounge for le club platinum member.
I have done the same for a reservation on next December and done it at Sofitel cc

even if they say its Accor rule (and im sure its true) for me its not acceptable
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:41 am
Original Poster

I would generally agree as well. For Plat members it wouldn't make much sense to pay more for a property and receive less benefits - especially in cities where you have both Fairmont and Sofitel.

Even in Jakarta, as nice as the Fairmont is, I'll probably still stick to the Pullman Central Park. The Raffles there isn't too much more expensive either.

In North America it may be a different story as their aren't other options. But here in APAC it probably makes more sense to head to a Sofitel or a Pullman.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:46 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
But once you take all that away, the property itself could just as well be a nice Sofitel / Conrad / Westin property.

LOL, it was a Westin.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:32 am
Original Poster

I have checked in.

Very underwhelmed and can appreciate what Jasper2009 said. Take away some of the suite upgrade certs the FPC members used to get, its just another hotel.
But it certainly isn't the Sofitel Singapore CC - it's worse.

- Check in, no mention of AccorHotels or loyalty.
- "you are checking in with wife and daughter" was acknowledged. I was not asked if I needed an extra bed for my daughter. Had to arrange that myself this evening.
- welcome drink for 3
- upgrade given (one catagory) to Prestige Room. But the way it was given seemed more like an operational upgrade rather than due to status. Again, no mention of status during check in.
- asked to fill in a form for my welcome emenity "for the next time". Same details I had already filled in previously online. I selected then the chocolate emenity. I had fruits in the room. ; yet the fit gear was correct and in my room.
- room wasn't properly made. Sofa pillow lying on the floor. Obviously no Housekeeping supervisor check.
- room temperature doesn't drop below 24C even though it's set to 20C.
- I can understand why some westerners like this hotel, just like how they like SQ. Very friendly staff. But I have lived here long enough to understand that this is in many cases imposed on them and not genuine. Genuine friendliness is different.
- everything seems so sloooow. Had to call the concierge to arrange for some items to be moved to a hotel chiller. Took them 30mins. Extra bed in the evening took 40mins.
- room is ok, but nothing fancy.

I want to add that I am comparing two specific properties here. This is not a Fairmont vs Sofitel comparison. There are certainly a lot of poor Sofitel properties as well. So far it's not horrible, but apart from the view, there is nothing that would draw me back here.

​​​​​For the Fairmont members out there.... Give the Sofitel Singapore City Centre a try.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
I have checked in.

Very underwhelmed and can appreciate what Jasper2009 said. Take away some of the suite upgrade certs the FPC members used to get, its just another hotel.
But it certainly isn't the Sofitel Singapore CC - it's worse.

- Check in, no mention of AccorHotels or loyalty.
- "you are checking in with wife and daughter" was acknowledged. I was not asked if I needed an extra bed for my daughter. Had to arrange that myself this evening.
- welcome drink for 3
- upgrade given (one catagory) to Prestige Room. But the way it was given seemed more like an operational upgrade rather than due to status. Again, no mention of status during check in.
- asked to fill in a form for my welcome emenity "for the next time". Same details I had already filled in previously online. I selected then the chocolate emenity. I had fruits in the room. ; yet the fit gear was correct and in my room.
- room wasn't properly made. Sofa pillow lying on the floor. Obviously no Housekeeping supervisor check.
- room temperature doesn't drop below 24C even though it's set to 20C.
- I can understand why some westerners like this hotel, just like how they like SQ. Very friendly staff. But I have lived here long enough to understand that this is in many cases imposed on them and not genuine. Genuine friendliness is different.
- everything seems so sloooow. Had to call the concierge to arrange for some items to be moved to a hotel chiller. Took them 30mins. Extra bed in the evening took 40mins.
- room is ok, but nothing fancy.

I want to add that I am comparing two specific properties here. This is not a Fairmont vs Sofitel comparison. There are certainly a lot of poor Sofitel properties as well. So far it's not horrible, but apart from the view, there is nothing that would draw me back here.

​​​​​For the Fairmont members out there.... Give the Sofitel Singapore City Centre a try.
what do you mean by "operational upgrade" rather than status?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
what do you mean by "operational upgrade" rather than status?
As the check in agent never mentioned the status, what he said was "we are happy this time to give you an upgrade to a better room..."
It didn't sound like it was due to status. It came across that it was the hotel that decided on the upgrade due to internal reasons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.