Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > AccorHotels | Le Club AccorHotels
Reload this Page >

Are FPC certificates valid in any properties besides Fairmont Hotels?

Old Aug 6, 18, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum

My L'Accor Hotel account on the web site suggests that Solfitel may be such a hotel where FPC upgrade or free?

Is that correct? Any other hotels?

If the answer is yes, which of these hotels have close to the quality of Fairmont Hotels?
Old Aug 6, 18, 8:00 am

No, the certificates have basically same conditions as in FPC and only eligible to use in Fairmont hotels.

I think the free upgrade you see on the website refers to the general le club benefits for gold or platinum members where you get free upgrades based on availability when check in. It isn't guaranteed but not limited in number of status either as long as you are a gold or platinum member.
YOWCDNFF likes this.
Old Aug 8, 18, 2:04 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by patrickw View Post
No, the certificates have basically same conditions as in FPC and only eligible to use in Fairmont hotels.

I think the free upgrade you see on the website refers to the general le club benefits for gold or platinum members where you get free upgrades based on availability when check in. It isn't guaranteed but not limited in number of status either as long as you are a gold or platinum member.
This is indeed correct.

The "upgrade based on availability at time of check-in" benefit (which could be an upgrade to a better room within the category booked or to the next room category; subject to availability, the hotel's interpretation of the policy and the agent's mood) applies at all mid-scale and upscale / luxury brands.

The room / suite upgrade certificates confirmable at time of booking are the certs which were transferred over from existing FPC accounts and are only valid at Fairmont properties.
Old Aug 13, 18, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I booked through a third party - can I still call hotel and apply Fairmont upgrade certificate?
Old Aug 13, 18, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by curl View Post
I booked through a third party - can I still call hotel and apply Fairmont upgrade certificate?
Only if it's a qualifying rate (consortia / preferred partner booking, corporate rate etc.), but not with OTA rates such as Expedia. booking.com etc.
Old Aug 24, 18, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009 View Post
Only if it's a qualifying rate (consortia / preferred partner booking, corporate rate etc.), but not with OTA rates such as Expedia. booking.com etc.
So this was actually a groupon rate (shows on charge as Expedia/Groupn) and I did confirm directly with hotel that you can apply the UG certs.
Old Aug 26, 18, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by curl View Post
So this was actually a groupon rate (shows on charge as Expedia/Groupn) and I did confirm directly with hotel that you can apply the UG certs.
YMMV though, officially, ineligible bookings may be upgraded at check-in only, not in advanced via the call center.
Old Sep 9, 18, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
Are Fairmont (Platinum) upgrade/free night certificates valid for non-Fairmont hotels

I am wondering if the Fairmont (FPC Platinum) free night/room upgrade/suite upgrade/free dining (or spa) certificates valid for any Le Club Accor Hotels besides Fairmont hotels?
Old Sep 9, 18, 5:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

No they are not
Old Sep 9, 18, 8:59 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Answer is still the same as a month ago...

Old Sep 9, 18, 9:37 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
When I login, it says that they are "exclusive to Fairmont and Swissotel."
Old Sep 9, 18, 9:38 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Sorry, dupe!

Last edited by Brendan; Sep 10, 18 at 11:40 pm
Old Sep 10, 18, 5:30 am

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
When I login, it says that they are "exclusive to Fairmont and Swissotel."
The portal contains certificates exclusive to Fairmont and Swissotel. That's correct, but Swissotel Circle and Fairmont Presidents Club each had their own certificates. So, after conversion, both sets of certs appeared in the new LeClub portal, but Swissotel certs are still only good at Swissotel and FPC certs are only good at Fairmont.
Old Sep 10, 18, 11:41 pm

Thank you, CanadaDH for that clarification. The way it was worded, I thought that Accor had made all certs valid at both.