Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome drink policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:20 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Posted this in another thread but this one is more appropriate, are we supposed to get vouchers at Fairmont now that the programs have merged?
Supposed to, yes.
Someone posted a recent review at the Fairmont Singapore and got just that I believe.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:28 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I think we may need to look at the updated benefits. So additional minor changes in there. Just noticed that there is a dedicate customer service line for Platinum members. But no further details / number.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:29 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by R2
Local or national (but not international) newspaper offered at a 5 star property, wow...now I really feel welcome and my loyalty is clearly appreciated

It's almost like saying we offer toilet paper to all members...hope this doesn't turn into digital delivery
In many cases it IS digital.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:26 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Update for the Fairmont Copley, Massachusetts liquor laws prevent them from giving free drinks (...) so you can get soft drinks instead. We didn`t take them up on it, not the hotels fault obviously.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Update for the Fairmont Copley, Massachusetts liquor laws prevent them from giving free drinks (...) so you can get soft drinks instead. We didn`t take them up on it, not the hotels fault obviously.
Hmmmm
Seems like the poorest excuse I have ever heard.
- if true, why don't they charge a symbolic amount like $ 0.01 per drink (with the prior agreement of the customer), or why don't they give a voucher with -50% or -80% rebate?
- why airline lounges in BOS (located in MA) serve free alcohol (and without bar tender).
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:59 pm

I asked about discounts they said that was illegal as well (happy hour/drink discount/free drinks are illegal in MA since 1984). Unsure about airport, would not be surprised if they are exempt. I know MA has some of the more draconian (apart from dry counties) liquor laws in all the US, puritanism and all...

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/bost...-from-drinking

Always shocked to come to Boston after New York (although you can`t get a drink before noon on sunday there which is ridiculous as well) where you get discounts on drinks and every third drink is usually on the house.

I don't make the laws just report them
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I don't make the laws just report them
Of course, I was certainly not blaming you
And thanks for the article linked. Very interesting. I go regularly to MA and had no clue of that.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Aug 13, 2018 at 12:14 am
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:11 am

I did not take it that way, how could I since you have the name of one of my childhood heroes (I wonder if Albator is taken )

They seem genuinely embarrassed and said they were still trying to adjust to the new program. Everything else is fantastic about my stay here, will post in the 'how was your stay' thread after I get back.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I did not take it that way, how could I since you have the name of one of my childhood heroes (I wonder if Albator is taken )
Ha ha ha ^
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:05 pm

Recently stayed at the Fairmont Banff Springs & Lake Louise.
Received 2 Welcome drinks at Banff Springs & 4 welcome drink certificates for our party of 4 at Lake Louise. They were in my checkin folder upon arrival. Had 3 children with me so I enjoyed all of them
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:12 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
A couple of weeks ago, I stayed at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway, and the welcome drink vouchers were good for beers, wines and a small selection of cocktails and mocktails (as well as the usual soft drink, juice, tea and coffee). Gold and platinum members enjoy a more extensive welcome drink list than silver members.

I'm currently staying at the Sofitel Chengdu Taihe, and the welcome drink vouchers are only good for soft drink, juice, tea, coffee and a small selection of beers. No wines, cocktails or mocktails. A stark difference to the Pullman Shanghai Skyway.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:33 pm

the 2 fairmont properties Banff & Lake Louise said no limit- anything on menu
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:37 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

Couple of weeks ago I had no problems getting a G&T with the voucher at that hotel.
Originally Posted by Maelstrom

I'm currently staying at the Sofitel Chengdu Taihe, and the welcome drink vouchers are only good for soft drink, juice, tea, coffee and a small selection of beers. No wines, cocktails or mocktails. A stark difference to the Pullman Shanghai Skyway.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:17 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Couple of weeks ago I had no problems getting a G&T with the voucher at that hotel.
I just returned to the hotel and went to use the vouchers, no luck on the spirits. Just soft drink, juice, beer (selection of 4), coffee and tea. Furthermore, apparently you cannot take Coca-Cola or Sprite cans away to the room, you can only have them in the bar area, but you can take away Coke Zero, Dry Ginger, Soda Water and Tonic water cans. Seems a but odd to me, unless they are out of cans of these drinks and are only doing post-mix for the moment? But then they poured the juice we ordered into takeaway coffee cups, so it can't be that.

Oh well, hopefully the offerings at the Sofitel in Kunming tomorrow are a bit more extensive.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:07 am
Accor 10+ Badge

So when I arrived at the Sofitel Kunming, I had to ask for our room upgrade, as the registration form indicated we were not upgraded, and we were then upgraded to a Luxury Room which has a lovely corner view. We also did not receive drink vouchers at check-in, but because it was already past midnight, my girlfriend and I decided to worry about it the following day. We asked about it the next day and were given a voucher each, which are for use in either the lobby bar on the ground floor, or the bar on the 50th floor. We opted to go upstairs, and the drinks list includes wine, two "cocktails" (one is a gin and tonic), two mocktails and the usual non-alcoholic options.

A little disappointing to have to ask for status benefits that should be given automatically, but quite satisified with the welcome drink offerings in the bar at this hotel.
starflyergold likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.