Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Different rates between LCAH members vs Accor Plus member outside APAC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum

A friend of mine was looking for hotel in Moscow and he asked me whether to stay at Mercure Arbat or Mercure Paveletskaya. Then when he told me regarding the rate; I was surprised to see that my rate is somewhat more expensive than his rate. My membership is Accor+ Plat and his membership is LCAH Classic and the rate shows below :

As you can see, when I logged on as Accor Plus, there's a warning sign on top saying no hotel matches your specific rate. Meanwhile, when my colleague logged in as LCAH, the rate shown further 10% discount (5% discount for Ibis).

I also tried elsewhere; ie. Bogota on another date then the results are the same. I got to pay higher rate comparing to other LCAH members and...again...there's a warning sign saying "No hotel matches specific rates."

Rate comparison in Bogota

I believe it is another glitch by Accor website, however I wonder why Accor Plus members that have to pay the price? :
Old May 24, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
i use 2 a+ acc to test (silver and plat), surprisingly my platinum account is more expensive...

i suspect they trying to cost in the free breakfast benefit into our platinum price??

left = accorplus silver right = accorplus platinum
Old May 24, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Hmm... very fishy. Certainly doesn't engender good faith with customers.
I'd better double check prices before trying to book anything.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
i use 2 a+ acc to test (silver and plat), surprisingly my platinum account is more expensive...

i suspect they trying to cost in the free breakfast benefit into our platinum price??

left = accorplus silver right = accorplus platinum
Wow..what a great find! I thought the problem because of Accor Plus; but the problem is the Platinum status.

I believe the free breakfast benefit is only available within APAC; so what is the reason they charge us more when staying elsewhere ?

or perhaps because we are very blindly loyal since we stay more than others ==> 10% margin on top other members means more profit for them; multiplied by more stays for us. This is not the best way to treat the most loyal customers.
namnguyen likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Note that I found issues inside APAC as well.

Logged as Accor Plus Platinum

Logged OFF, better offers!

Julien
virtualaris likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 1:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Amy, can you please explain why this is happening? It is not encouraging loyalty.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PabloM
Amy, can you please explain why this is happening? It is not encouraging loyalty.
please contact customer services 😂😂😂
Old May 28, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
my guess is another issue with the A+.

This was my complain last year which no one bother to addressed. Why we as paying member got worse off treatment than non paying member?
Old May 28, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
For the first time in about 5 years I won’t be renewing. If I do my Platinum membership will end in August. If I don’t I should have it until December.

The difference is pricing made me think of a booking I made for the Novotel Canary Wharf this summer. When I made the booking last October, I immediately realised I clicked on the wrong rate (there was a cheaper one with breakfast) so I called the hotel and they kindly agreed to rectify it as I was almost 10 months out. When they did, the “members’ rate” they gave me was lower than the lowest rate I had previously found on the Accor website logged in as Accor Plus Platinum (members’ rate is the Accor one and not Accor Plus as outside Asia). I was actually credited about an extra 5 pounds because of this. Clearly I could not even see the rate they gave me so this made me think it could be the same issue as above. I believe this is a serious issue that warrants immediate attention. I wonder how many Accor Plus members have unknowingly paid more than non members when they were thinking they were at least getting the same rates as other members?
Old May 28, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
What a disgraceful way to treat your most loyal customers. Especially after paying extra for the "privilege" of better rates, which is the whole reason to buy into the Plus membership. Then to find out you're getting hose in more ways than one.
@accorHotelsConcierge anything to say about this?
Old May 29, 2018, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PabloM
Actually I've sent pm to Amy since I started this post. Well, the Super sale almost over and my problems haven't been solved yet.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: All Diamond
yeah just doesn't sit right at all !

Last edited by sycokid; May 31, 2018 at 4:17 am
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:24 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi virtualaris and other members,

I have contacted you in pm to provide you with a reply.
I approached our central teams and they confirmed me that something is wrong with that and it's not normal.
For the moment, they are leading an investigation.

I provide you with more details once i have an answer.

Best regards,
Amy
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
If is is an IT error, then one would hope that those Platinum members who paid higher rates will be compensated for their loss.

CT
vidrineb and virtualaris like this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger
If is is an IT error, then one would hope that those Platinum members who paid higher rates will be compensated for their loss.

CT
You think this will happen?

Actually then the question is, how do we know this is a one time off occurrence and how Accor can give the guarantee that as a paying member we are not worst off?

I do not think we should be the one that keep checking the member vs non member rate and flag the discrepancy all time.
virtualaris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.