Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Manila

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios, Emirates Skywards
Sofitel Manila

I have a reservation for 4 nights at the Sofitel Manila. As a silver card member it says I can get VIP treatment, Does anyone know what this would be at this hotel?
Old May 19, 2018, 4:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
According to the list of significant benefits you can expect is:
Welcome drinks on arrival.
Late check out (depending on availability).
Free wifi (This is for everyone these days usually anyway)

Things you cannot expect but you could always hope:
Room upgrade (If a hotel is overbooked on a certain room category that you booked then you would be more likely to get a room upgrade than non members or non elite members)
Welcome gift in the room. I think this is slightly more likely than a chance of a room upgrade.

Good news. Your staying at an Asian hotel so they are usually more likely to give benefits than say a European hotel where your chances would be close to 0 and you might even miss out on the expected benefits.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BA, CX, SQ, Accor, IHG
I have stayed there several times, but only because I’m an Accor plat.
ok public ares, but rooms are in need of modernisation.
Last trip to Manila I stayed at the nearby Conrad and it was miles better.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by tris06
According to the list of significant benefits you can expect is:
Welcome drinks on arrival.

Late check out (depending on availability).
Free wifi (This is for everyone these days usually anyway)

Things you cannot expect but you could always hope:
Room upgrade (If a hotel is overbooked on a certain room category that you booked then you would be more likely to get a room upgrade than non members or non elite members)
Welcome gift in the room. I think this is slightly more likely than a chance of a room upgrade.

Good news. Your staying at an Asian hotel so they are usually more likely to give benefits than say a European hotel where your chances would be close to 0 and you might even miss out on the expected benefits.
Hi, I sore these benefits but it also says that with Sofitel's you get ''VIP'' treatment in the additional care depending on brand section. I wasn't sure what this would be? Does anyone have any experience perhaps with any other Sofitel Hotels? thanks
Old May 19, 2018, 2:57 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skyscan
Hi, I sore these benefits but it also says that with Sofitel's you get ''VIP'' treatment in the additional care depending on brand section. I wasn't sure what this would be? Does anyone have any experience perhaps with any other Sofitel Hotels? thanks
A thread search often helps

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...treatment.html
Old May 19, 2018, 9:25 pm

Don’t expect anything extra in terms of service. A lot of the staff appear tired and aloof, probably because they’re fed up of dealing with so many people. Expect very long queues at reception during peak periods (if you booked a club room you can ask to check in and check out upstairs). Pool area is nice but packed with families, screaming children, screaming mothers, etc. The experience at Conrad is superior, but even better at Solaire.

I suppose at the end of the day it will depend on your personal standards and expectations of luxury. In my opinion, the hard product is 4 star, the service is 3 star, and the crowds make the experience feel very 3 star.

Old May 19, 2018, 9:27 pm

One very positive experience: the Sunday champagne brunch at Spiral. Don’t miss that if you still decide on staying there! And worth going to even if you stay somewhere else, but you need to make reservations in advance.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Welcome drink can also be considered as vip treatment 🤣
Old May 25, 2018, 11:29 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello skyscan,

A VIP treatment calls now Welcome Amanity and it's available only for Gold members.
You can find more informations in the link below:
https://www.accorhotels.com/en/leclu...benefits.shtml

You have to clic to each status to see a list of privileges.
So you have to choose a Silver status to see what you are supposed to have.

Best regards,
Amy

I have a reservation for 4 nights at the Sofitel Manila. As a silver card member it says I can get VIP treatment, Does anyone know what this would be at this hotel?
Old May 25, 2018, 12:08 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Hotcat1970
I have stayed there several times, but only because I’m an Accor plat.
ok public ares, but rooms are in need of modernisation.
Last trip to Manila I stayed at the nearby Conrad and it was miles better.
Rooms on the lower levels have been renovated already and are very nice.
​​​​​service and executive lounge at the Sofitel, as well as the pool, spa and restaurant are light-years ahead of the Conrad...
Old May 25, 2018, 12:15 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Leopardz
Don’t expect anything extra in terms of service. A lot of the staff appear tired and aloof, probably because they’re fed up of dealing with so many people. Expect very long queues at reception during peak periods (if you booked a club room you can ask to check in and check out upstairs). Pool area is nice but packed with families, screaming children, screaming mothers, etc. The experience at Conrad is superior, but even better at Solaire.

I suppose at the end of the day it will depend on your personal standards and expectations of luxury. In my opinion, the hard product is 4 star, the service is 3 star, and the crowds make the experience feel very 3 star.

Live in Manila and have stayed at both properties multiple times and disagree. The staff at the Sofitel is much more professional, better trained and more friendly in average; service at the club lounge is exceptional. I recommend to pay for a club room, if you are not Accor Platinum - it's worth it, as you can also have breakfast at Spirals, which is an expensive treat otherwise...
both Hotels have a lot of families, including loud kids on weekends, but the Sofitel pool area is significantly larger, so you can still escape the noise - you can't at the Conrad. The pool area there is small, no views and no area away from pool to relax...
The Conrad was built in a budget and it's starting to show in the rooms. Most of the Sofitel rooms have been renovated.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: Accor, BA Exec, Lidl gold card
Have only stayed there twice (last stay June 2017) but have always found the service great, if a little Frank Spencer. On first stay the bell boy had obviously taken a well earned lean against some wet paint which was all up his back and on second stay the elegant lady offering me a very pleasant welcome drink nearly threw it at me as she tripped over her dress. Thankfully no one was hurt (including the drink). The dining experience is great - after landing from LHR and checking in I'm straight down and it never fails to impress.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:37 am

I am at this hotel now. I was quite surprises when I entered the room and found the room has no bath tube.

I was told this is the newly renovated room at 6f, it is a prestige club room I was told. End up decided to move to the non renovated room at 10f as I badly need the bath tube after flying more than 24 hours;(

So soon all the room (except suite) will not have a bath tube. Is this hotel will be downgraded to Pullman soon?

Last edited by lingua101; Jun 6, 2018 at 9:50 pm
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Fyd
Live in Manila and have stayed at both properties multiple times and disagree. The staff at the Sofitel is much more professional, better trained and more friendly in average; service at the club lounge is exceptional. I recommend to pay for a club room, if you are not Accor Platinum - it's worth it, as you can also have breakfast at Spirals, which is an expensive treat otherwise...
both Hotels have a lot of families, including loud kids on weekends, but the Sofitel pool area is significantly larger, so you can still escape the noise - you can't at the Conrad. The pool area there is small, no views and no area away from pool to relax...
The Conrad was built in a budget and it's starting to show in the rooms. Most of the Sofitel rooms have been renovated.
I have to agreed that the staff are very helpful and professional. I think they are among the best staffs that I have ever encountered.

But I have to say, sadly the new renovated room has no more bath tube. The remove the bath tube and replace is with the shower and they now have a long vanity area. So there is a small gap between the shower cubicle and the wall.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:16 am

I have stayed at the Sofitel Manila around 200 nights over the past 8 years and the rooms on the 6th floor are indeed Club rooms. The rooms on the 10th floor are also Club rooms and, even though not renovated in over a decade, I prefer them. To the best of my knowledge, the rooms on the 9th and 10th floors are the only rooms that ever had tubs; all other rooms have only ever had showers.

Regardless, it seems the hotel was good enough to upgrade you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.