Search

Accor Business Plus discount not correct

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Accor Business Plus discount not correct

Hi,

I've seen a couple of threads about this Business Plus Scheme. I decided to join up last night, as after the VAT exception when you checkout the Card (via my Ltd company) it worked out at around £123 for a year. It'll basically pay for itself after 2 stays at the Sofitel at Heathrow. Anyhow......

It clearly stated that for Sofitel you get 20% Off all rates, and at Novotel 20% off Fully Flexible. I was already getting a 5% discount with Gold status, so I've already taken this into account when I log into my profile I now see 'Business Plus' rates. But Based on the public rates (when not logged in) I'm only seeing a -15% discount. Which is not what I was expecting. As an example below.

Anyone got any in sights into this? It's not 20% off the base rates from what I can tell. This is stated here https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/suppo...rd-offer.shtml

Stay for 3 Nights from May 8 to May 11 in Double Room.

SOFITEL HEATHROW:

Not Logged in (Public Rate) £512 Non Flexible
Logged in Business Plus £435.20 (This is only -15%)

Not Logged in(Public Rate) £587 Fully Flexible
Logged in Business Plus £498.95 (This is only -15%)

NOVOTEL HEATHROW T123

Not Logged in (Public Rate) £330 Fully Flexible
Logged in Business Plus £280.50 (This is only -15%)

Last edited by cheshirepete; Apr 27, 2018 at 2:41 am
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
I'm having the same issue, I recently jumped on the band wagon and bought the business plus since I stay with Accor about 10 nights a month on average. (also have my own LTD business) After signing up I only see a 5% discount on non flexible rates compared to public fare. And on fully flexible like you I'm only seeing 15% discount from the public fare.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Interestingly buried in their FAQs section it now says 15%. Yet much of the sign-up literature and the link I posted above says 20%. I suspect it was 'downgraded' at some point and they didn't update all their links correctly.

https://businesstravel.accorhotels.c...ns/index.shtml

Benefit from the following discounts at more than 2,700 AccorHotels properties worldwide:
  • Sofitel: 15% off all room rates (may be subject to certain conditions)
  • Pullman, MGallery by Sofitel, Grand Mercure, Novotel and Mercure: 15% off the best room rate with no conditions, and 5% off some rates subject to certain conditions
  • Novotel Suites: 10% off the full rate of a suite for short stays (1–2 nights), and 7% off stays of 3 or more nights, and stays of more than 8 nights
  • ibis: 10% off the full room rate and food and drink
  • ibis Styles: 10% off room rates that include breakfast or half-board, and 5% off some rates subject to certain conditions
  • Aparthotels Adagio (excluding Adagio Access): 5% off the public rate with no conditions for a minimum four-night stay
  • Thalassa Sea & Spa: discounts on spa products

Whereas on their sign up page it says 20% https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/suppo...rd-offer.shtml

You benefit from the following discounts at over 2,700 AccorHotels hotels around the world :
  • Sofitel : 20% off all room rates (whether or not subject to restrictions)
  • Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel and Mercure: 20% off the best room rate without restrictions, and 5% of selected rates subject to restrictions
  • Suite Novotel : 10% off full suite rates for short stays (1-2 nights), and 7% off stays of 3 nights or more, and for stays over 8 nights
  • ibis : 10% off full room rates and restaurant services
  • ibis Styles : 10% off room rates with breakfast or half-board packages, and 5% off selected rates subject to restrictions
  • Adagio Aparthotels (excluding Adagio Access): 5% off unrestricted public rates for any stay over 4 nights minimum
  • Thalassa sea & spa: Hotel brand discounts apply for all stays
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Got quite a quick response from Business customer care. For the record:

“I have been informed that the level of discount varies depending on the brand and also from the weeknights to weekend dates. 20% would be available at the weekend, for example, for Sofitel for flexible and non-flexible rates and for Novotel for flexible rates only. For midweek reservations the level of discount varies and for Novotel is usually 15% on flexible reservations and 5% on non-flexible. For Sofitel midweek the discount is 15% for both types of reservations.

Should there be any further queries regarding this, please do contact the customer care numbers above and they will be able to help.”

vidrineb likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
So I guess buying into the business plus was a waste of money. Seems the price differences almost aren't worth the cost of the annual fee. At least not for me since the only Accor hotels in the areas I have to work are Novotel and Mercure.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:36 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Hi,

I've seen a couple of threads about this Business Plus Scheme. I decided to join up last night, as after the VAT exception when you checkout the Card (via my Ltd company) it worked out at around £123 for a year. It'll basically pay for itself after 2 stays at the Sofitel at Heathrow. Anyhow......

It clearly stated that for Sofitel you get 20% Off all rates, and at Novotel 20% off Fully Flexible. I was already getting a 5% discount with Gold status, so I've already taken this into account when I log into my profile I now see 'Business Plus' rates. But Based on the public rates (when not logged in) I'm only seeing a -15% discount. Which is not what I was expecting. As an example below.

Anyone got any in sights into this? It's not 20% off the base rates from what I can tell. This is stated here https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/suppo...rd-offer.shtml

Stay for 3 Nights from May 8 to May 11 in Double Room.

SOFITEL HEATHROW:

Not Logged in (Public Rate) £512 Non Flexible
Logged in Business Plus £435.20 (This is only -15%)

Not Logged in(Public Rate) £587 Fully Flexible
Logged in Business Plus £498.95 (This is only -15%)

NOVOTEL HEATHROW T123

Not Logged in (Public Rate) £330 Fully Flexible
Logged in Business Plus £280.50 (This is only -15%)
Dear cheshirepete,

I'm glad that you joined the Business Plus Scheme. I understand your inquires about this program and will give you some explications
below in order to clarify it.

The Business Program Subscription offers discounts up to 20%. An applied discount varies according to the dates of stay, the brand and an applied sales condition.
You may have -20% discount only during the weekend in Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel and Mercure hotels.

Please, find below discount conditions by brand during the week.

Sofitel: -15% on all rates to the room.

Pullman, MGallery by Sofitel, Grand Mercure, Novotel and Mercure : - 15% discount on the best rate without conditions of the room, and
-5% discount to some subject conditions.

Novotel Suites : -10% discount on a full rate of the suite for short stays (1-2 nights), and -7% on stays of 3 nights or more and
for stays longer than 8 nights.
Ibis : -10% on full room rate and catering

Ibis Styles: -10% on the room rate with a breakfast and half-board package
and -5% on some rates subject to conditions.
Adagio Aparthotels (excluding Adagio Access): -5% discount on the public rate without conditions for a minimum stay f 4 nights.

Hope having replied to your questions.

Best regards,
Amy
Old May 4, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear cheshirepete,

I'm glad that you joined the Business Plus Scheme. I understand your inquires about this program and will give you some explications

The Business Program Subscription offers discounts up to 20%. An applied discount varies according to the dates of stay, the brand and an applied sales condition.
You may have -20% discount only during the weekend in Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel and Mercure hotels.

Please, find below discount conditions by brand during the week.

Sofitel: -15% on all rates to the room.

Pullman, MGallery by Sofitel, Grand Mercure, Novotel and Mercure : - 15% discount on the best rate without conditions of the room, and
-5% discount to some subject conditions.

Novotel Suites : -10% discount on a full rate of the suite for short stays (1-2 nights), and -7% on stays of 3 nights or more and
for stays longer than 8 nights.
Ibis : -10% on full room rate and catering

Ibis Styles: -10% on the room rate with a breakfast and half-board package
and -5% on some rates subject to conditions.
Adagio Aparthotels (excluding Adagio Access): -5% discount on the public rate without conditions for a minimum stay f 4 nights.

Hope having replied to your questions.

Best regards,
Amy
Can somebody with the card check if this is true for the 20% discount on weekend rate in Sofitel, Mercure , Pulman and Novotel .
And is the discount valid for all weekend rates or just Best Rate.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear cheshirepete,

Thank you for your reply Amy. I notice at Sofitel the 20% is a Friday & Saturday night. Thought it would have been Saturday & Sunday nights, but still very useful!

Originally Posted by winkny
Can somebody with the card check if this is true for the 20% discount on weekend rate in Sofitel, Mercure , Pulman and Novotel .
And is the discount valid for all weekend rates or just Best Rate.
Yes, can confirm, but as stated above it's the Friday and Saturday nights you get the 20%. Sunday night is 15%.

As an example:

Friday 15 June Business Plus £104.00 from £130 Public -20%
Saturday 16 June Business Plus £104 from £130 Public -20%
Sunday 17 June Business Plus £104.55 from £123 Public -15%
Old May 9, 2018, 1:26 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Thank you for your reply Amy. I notice at Sofitel the 20% is a Friday & Saturday night. Thought it would have been Saturday & Sunday nights, but still very useful!

Yes, can confirm, but as stated above it's the Friday and Saturday nights you get the 20%. Sunday night is 15%.

As an example:

Friday 15 June Business Plus £104.00 from £130 Public -20%
Saturday 16 June Business Plus £104 from £130 Public -20%
Sunday 17 June Business Plus £104.55 from £123 Public -15%
Friday and Saturday would cover the weekend in parts of the world that work Sundays
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: HHonnors diamond
Hi.
i was thinking of buying the accor buisiness plus card. i am regular Platinum. stay about 45 Fridays in the year mostly in mercure,pullman,ibis and few Sofitel. always like to have breakfast. is there a good time to buy the card? is the card any good when looking to include breakfast? and lastly when i buy the card are the points which i have earned as regular Platinum be able to be used on future stays booked with the accor plus card? any comments or advice most welcome. thanks
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Accor Business Plus T&C - rev 15 May 2018

Ref.: Accor Business Plus T&C - discount only on full flexible rates 15% all days but for Friday & Saturday - 20%

Eventually prepaid rates may be cheaper than a full flexible rate with 15% or 20% discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.