FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Pullman Tokyo Tamachi (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1904234-pullman-tokyo-tamachi.html)

IMH Apr 16, 2018 11:57 am

Pullman Tokyo Tamachi

Last June Accor announced (here) that a new Pullman hotel was being developed next to the JR Tamachi station and would open in "the fall of 2018".

This thread is ready for any further details: photos (rather than renderings), dates for opening / soft opening / reservations opening and -- when the time comes -- reviews.

PabloM Apr 23, 2018 3:18 am

Hoping it's open before Christmas as I want to stay here in Dec.

AccorHotels Concierge Apr 25, 2018 3:18 am

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 29646770)
Last June Accor announced (here) that a new Pullman hotel was being developed next to the JR Tamachi station and would open in "the fall of 2018".

This thread is ready for any further details: photos (rather than renderings), dates for opening / soft opening / reservations opening and -- when the time comes -- reviews.

Dear IMH,

Glad to see that you're excited about this opening! :)
Unfortunately, for the moment we don't have more information on the opening date. As soon as there will be a more precise date, AccorHotels will communicate on it on their website.

Stay tuned! :)
Amy

monahos Jun 16, 2018 10:56 am

Some 2018 (up)dates:
- April 27: completion ceremony for msb Tamachi Tamachi Station Tower South and Pullman Tokyo Tamachi buildings (Tower North due to be completed in 2020).
- May 1: actual completion of the above two buildings.
- July 13: 'briefing meeting' to schedule interviews for recruiting new staff.
- October 1: according to the above page, date of hotel opening.

The Japanese being efficient people who will work overtime to meet a deadline, I am cautiously optimistic the Pullman will open by year's end.

flapland Jun 16, 2018 12:17 pm

I would have thought they would be starting to accept bookings if they are opening in 2018. I am Tokyo in December so keep and eye out anyway.

Woodbinerich Jun 17, 2018 2:31 am

I think this is a good development. Probably because of the strength of the domestic brands, the international hotel groups, Accor included, are all very under represented in japan.

PabloM Jun 17, 2018 3:14 am

Can’t wait to stay there. I’m in Tokyo in december and wasn’t sure where to stay. Hopefully it’s open then

generikz Jul 1, 2018 7:03 pm

Confirmed with ACCOR in Tokyo that target is October but that they have a hard time finding local staff able to deliver Pullman service level while speaking decent English+Japanese+others.

Also confirmed the MERCURE restaurant is closed for good (in its past form) since the chef will be heading the Pullman Tamachi instead.

Julien

kaffir76 Aug 30, 2018 4:03 am

The hotel is open for bookings, and a SUPERIOR ROOM with 1 King-size Bed is an eye watering JPY55,000 (US$500)
LCAH / A+ Global members' private sale, where are you - we need you now!

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...in=accorhotels

monahos Aug 30, 2018 4:40 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76 (Post 30147185)
The hotel is open for bookings, and a SUPERIOR ROOM with 1 King-size Bed is an eye watering JPY55,000 (US$500)

Their pricing is obviously very rapidly evolving, as shortly after your post I see a more realistic JPY 22,400-36000+ for said superior room, and only yet loaded for the month of October. No doubt it will reach a natural equilibrium in due time.

That said, the non-suite rooms are in the lower size range for a Tokyo 4* at 26-27sqm, and the two suites at double and triple the size overpriced (similar to the nearby 5* Conrad) at the moment.

Unfortunately (given LCAH's redemption structure), the hotel appears nice enough to be a desirable wedding venue, as Saturday prices are substantially higher, as in all above-basic Japanese properties.

tris06 Aug 30, 2018 10:40 am

Not sure if is an error but this hotel lacks many facilites like no gym which is surprising for a business hotel unless space is really that limited.

monahos Aug 31, 2018 11:47 am

I suspect the hotel's webpage needs some updating and proofreading (all the rooms have the exact same description...), e.g. listed room amenities include bathtubs but the description of non-suite rooms all mention 'rainshower without bathtub', which I find very surprising for a 4* hotel in a bath-loving country with no water shortage.

As for the gym, many Japanese business class and under hotels I have been to seem to put a low priority on this; I recall the 'fitness room' at the Yokohama Sheraton was just that, a small room with a few machines and sub-10kg free weights.

Prices are now loaded for a full year, and seem generally competitive, especially for the lower room categories. Lounge access seem overpriced (as exec rooms are the same size and still shower-only), which might mean a decent quality spread and a nice benefit for platinums.
If this hotel stays honest and doesn't raise raise its rack rate (currently 25% above AP rate) beforehand, it should be a great deal during private sales.

lehovec Sep 1, 2018 1:20 am

How is the location for the first time Tokyo visitor? Seems away from all the main sights.

fransknorge Sep 1, 2018 4:26 am

It is away of the sights without being away, as the Yamanote line pass by JR Tamachi station. The Yamanote is a ring line going through most of the major attraction points of Tokyo. Even if you are effectively away from interesting points, the hotel is an easy reach of most of them (not all, the north east area like Ueno and Asakusa will require some line changes). But anyway if you want to do most of "must-do" sights you will spend some time in transports, which is IMHO one of the charm of being in Tokyo.
I do not know what the area is like around this station, probably nothing special.
For a first time visitor, the location might not be optimum but it is OK. For a night needed near HND this is perfect.

kaffir76 Sep 7, 2018 10:21 am

Originally Posted by lehovec (Post 30154706)
How is the location for the first time Tokyo visitor? Seems away from all the main sights.

What are the main sights that you are referring to?
The area around Tamachi station is mostly residential (Shibaura Island), with a few (smaller/non big chain) hotels & office buildings in the area.
From Tamachi to Shinjuku for example, it will take about 30-40 min. by JR Yamanote line but to Roppongi, Ginza, Tokyo Station & Tsukiji Market, it is not far at all (10-20 min.)

Most 1st time visitors to Tokyo will stay in the Shinjuku area, which is kinda like Times Square in NYC but it's too hectic & crowded for me.
The real draw of this hotel is that it is the 1st Pullman in Tokyo, its proximity to HND airport & it is brand spanking new :)
Of course, for Platinum members, there are the added benefits of lounge access, free breakfast & room upgrades etc.