Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access for family

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue: Platinum, SAS Eurobonus: Gold, Accor: Platinum, Marriott: Platinum
Lounge access for family

Dear Accor Travelers, I am planning to book few nights in SO Sofitel Bangkok and was wondering if I should book room with breakfast if I am Platinum and travel with family. We will be 2 adults and 2 teenagers soI will book 2 rooms. So my question is if access to lounge and free lounge breakfast will be granted:
a. just for me
b. for one room (me+wife)
c. whole family (one reservation code).
I would appreciate your answers and experience in this matter.
zuchu
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

B. But no harm asking the hotel in advance
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You said »teenagers but this could cover a relatively wide age range and so you should check what is the lounge policy at this hotel because some have a no children-policy or accepted if older than XX.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:43 am
R2

Just write to them and ask, they have a very responsive concierge desk.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:23 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
No firm Le Club policy on this.

Thai hotels are generally generous on this and extend Platinum benefits to the whole family.

I have no experience of the So Bangkok in this scenario but:

Hotel Muse McGallery Bangkok - All Platinum benefits extended to 4 guests (2 adults and 2 teenagers in 2 rooms) inc Free breakfast and evening "Executive lounge" access.
Novotel Bangkok Airport - Platinum benefits extended to 4 guests (2 adults and 2 teenagers in 2 rooms) inc Executive lounge access.
Sofitel Krabi - Lounge access extended to 4 guests (2 adults and 2 teenagers in 2 rooms).

Safest option is to email the hotel in advance.
zuchu likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue: Platinum, SAS Eurobonus: Gold, Accor: Platinum, Marriott: Platinum
Thanks for all answers! As suggested I emailed the hotel and the answer from them is: "Daily brekafast and access to Club Signature on the 25th floor only one room" so option B.
Anyway based on cwl reply I will book rooms without breakfast and see at hotel if they allow whole family in the lounge.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Some hotels are quite flexible so no harm asking politely at check-in with FOM ;p
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I reckon is you sweet talk “So Paul” who runs the lounge you’ll be right. They are pretty good at the So Bangkok.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Talking

Originally Posted by PabloM
I reckon is you sweet talk “So Paul” who runs the lounge you’ll be right. They are pretty good at the So Bangkok.
LOL - why is he called "So Paul"? Because he is So unmistakably unique?

2 teenagers might be pushing it a little bit, especially if they are both boys in their mid to late teens.
I'd just book the room with b/fast or maybe they can work something out when u check in like a discount on top of the Platinum 20% etc.
The thing about So Sofitel is that it is getting crazily expensive, even more so than the Sofitel Sukhumvit.
What about the other ACCOR options in BKK? Unless you are a big fan of the brand.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaffir76
LOL - why is he called "So Paul"? Because he is So unmistakably unique?.
Firstly, it’s the So Bangkok, so Paul takes on the “So” prefix.

It yes, he’s also a very unique individual. Accor has been using him in a number of videos and promotions on social media. Once you meet him, you’ll never forget.

Its been 12 months since I stayed at the So, but it’s one of my favs. Such a great hotel.
gilbertaue and Goldorak like this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Here is an article on So Paul

https://thewest.com.au/news/oceania/...k-ng-ya-117272
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by zuchu
Dear Accor Travelers, I am planning to book few nights in SO Sofitel Bangkok and was wondering if I should book room with breakfast if I am Platinum and travel with family. We will be 2 adults and 2 teenagers soI will book 2 rooms. So my question is if access to lounge and free lounge breakfast will be granted:
a. just for me
b. for one room (me+wife)
c. whole family (one reservation code).
I would appreciate your answers and experience in this matter.
zuchu
Your post is well timed. Accor have this week announced free breakfast for Platinum members in Asia-Pacific either in the Executive Lounge or at the hotel's restaurant where there is no Executive Lounge.

www.accorhotels.com/leclub/user/hotels-lounge/index.en.shtml

The first section lists the Asia-Pacific hotels with a lounge (when selecting a country in the drop-down box).

The second section lists the Asia-Pacific hotels without a lounge (when selecting a country in the drop-down box) that will give free breakfast and indicates that the free breakfast is for 'registered guests staying in the same room'.

Originally Posted by zuchu
Thanks for all answers! As suggested I emailed the hotel and the answer from them is: "Daily brekafast and access to Club Signature on the 25th floor only one room" so option B.
Anyway based on cwl reply I will book rooms without breakfast and see at hotel if they allow whole family in the lounge.
If the determining factor for lounge access is similar to free breakfast at the hotel's restaurant where there is no Executive Lounge (i.e. registered guests staying in the same room) and given that the SO Sofitel Bangkok shows max. room occupancy of 3 it may be worth booking the main room for 3 people and the second room for 1 person (even if your actual arrangement will be 2 & 2).

Originally Posted by Goldorak
You said »teenagers but this could cover a relatively wide age range and so you should check what is the lounge policy at this hotel because some have a no children-policy or accepted if older than XX.
The child policy age requirements for the various lounges is provided in the country results from the first drop-down box in the lounge link above (with SO Softel Bangkok having 'no minimum age if with adult').

And the FT thread for the new policy: www.flyertalk.com/forum/accorhotels-le-club-accorhotels/1900222-free-breakfast-platinum-only-asia-pacific.html

Last edited by Expat_852; Mar 25, 2018 at 7:24 pm
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:56 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

Firstly, it’s the So Bangkok, so Paul takes on the “So” prefix.

It yes, he’s also a very unique individual. Accor has been using him in a number of videos and promotions on social media. Once you meet him, you’ll never forget.

Its been 12 months since I stayed at the So, but it’s one of my favs. Such a great hotel.
So Paul is an institution
Goldorak and PabloM like this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
So Paul is an institution
Definitely unique !
gilbertaue and PabloM like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:46 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but my question is very similar to the OP's, so I didn't think it would warrant opening a new thread.

I'm Accor Platinum and will be staying at the Novotel Clarke Quay in Singapore later this year. We'll be three people in the room (2 adults, one child <15 years old, but older than 12).

I understand that as a Platinum member I'll have access to the Lounge, but I'm not sure for how many people. Has anyone experience on that?

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.