Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:45 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by coolhead
Does that mean renewing your Accorplus will not allow you to retain your existing status tier?
I retained it for 2 years already..... but after the 2 years.... since Jan to now. I only attained Gold Status. Might try to chase for Platinum but I don't plan to have much stays till the end of the year.
tris06 and clement7 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
I retained it for 2 years already..... but after the 2 years.... since Jan to now. I only attained Gold Status. Might try to chase for Platinum but I don't plan to have much stays till the end of the year.
a+ has 2 types of check
previous year jan-dec
current year till a+ renewal date
(a+ agent told me if the current year till renewal period too short, then they might check past 365 days)

that means previous year jan-dec you were not qualify for plat?
clement7 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
A good reason why it is far more simple to stay a regular plat member.
clement7 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Renewed my Accor Plus today after some pressure telemarketing and they hounded me with many phone calls.

Was Platinum for past 2 years now Gold despite my status due for expiry on 31 October 2018.

Not happy with Accor as I have one final stay before my plat expires but my dashboard shows Gold.

I will be requesting an Accor Plus refund AU$395.
Maelstrom and clement7 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Actually 95 nights ...and, as every year, already sent message to Accor customer service asking to introduce a new level after Platinum

something like Platinum Elite, or to give some bonus to the customers spending more than 100 nights / year

as every year, no feedback 😂
tris06, Kobetraveller and clement7 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
finally, requalified gold for next year.
Platinum is just a bit too much

8300 status points and 11 nights
clement7 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

12761 status points.

1 more stay probably will book next week. Will easily hit over 14,000 on this stay. Potentially another 2, 1 or 2 night stays in HK. Funny I always think I will be very close but eventually a few extra stays come up and bang 15,000 status points. Maybe a good excuse to blow reward points on the HK stays ,especially if there are no bonus point promotions on.
clement7 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by Dav77
Actually 95 nights ...and, as every year, already sent message to Accor customer service asking to introduce a new level after Platinum
something like Platinum Elite, or to give some bonus to the customers spending more than 100 nights / year
Heard that they are working on something like that, maybe a special Concierge service or related.
But they need better stats after moving from points to $ to fine-tune their services.

Was aiming for 14K Plat but obviously overshot quite a bit!

19 336 Status points and 68 nights

I would LOVE for LCAH to carry over the extra points over 14K to the next year.

Julien
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:31 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by generikz
Heard that they are working on something like that, maybe a special Concierge service or related.
But they need better stats after moving from points to $ to fine-tune their services.

Was aiming for 14K Plat but obviously overshot quite a bit!

19 336 Status points and 68 nights

I would LOVE for LCAH to carry over the extra points over 14K to the next year.

Julien
It would be good if elite nights or points carried over to the next calendar year, like other programs do.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:04 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Just returned back to the platinum league with ~15,000 status points and 30 nights.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Points Status: 11 421 / 14 000
Nights: 66 / 66

another 9 nights from upcoming stay
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
It would be good if elite nights or points carried over to the next calendar year, like other programs do.
and it would be good if we could have the long-awaited platinum-for-life status !!!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

2 nights this weekend at Xian Sofitel Legend costing a bit as we booked the junior suite so we have no problem of qualifying. Question. If I use points to reduce the cost.
For example:
I need to spend just under 4000rmb (I already did the conversion from Euro's spent) to get over the 14,000 status points.
The cost of the hotel is around 6200rmb for the 2 nights including taxes (taxes around 800/900rmb).
If I reduce the total cost with points down to 4200rmb how will they calculate the status points?

Will they :

(1 Credit me with 4200rmb worth of status points or,
(2 Credit me with 4200-800/900rmb of tax in that case I would not get the required points to keep my plat membership.

Anyone have experiences with this?
clement7 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:51 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
In my experience using points, the status and rewards points posted have been the same base value (before bonus points or status loading on the rewards points).
clement7 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tris06
2 nights this weekend at Xian Sofitel Legend costing a bit as we booked the junior suite so we have no problem of qualifying. Question. If I use points to reduce the cost.
For example:
I need to spend just under 4000rmb (I already did the conversion from Euro's spent) to get over the 14,000 status points.
The cost of the hotel is around 6200rmb for the 2 nights including taxes (taxes around 800/900rmb).
If I reduce the total cost with points down to 4200rmb how will they calculate the status points?

Will they :

(1 Credit me with 4200rmb worth of status points or,
(2 Credit me with 4200-800/900rmb of tax in that case I would not get the required points to keep my plat membership.

Anyone have experiences with this?
Be very careful if your re-qualification status is linked to this booking and if you want to use points to partly pay the bill. Indeed, as I have reported several times in this forum, in my experience the hotels always post a wrong (lower) number of points in this situation. And it takes often a lot of time to correct the situation, so as we are close to year end, if I were you I would not use points for this stay (if you can).
If you want to do it anyway, for point credits, the rule is that 100% of taxes are deducted from the remaining amount to pay in cash at check-out. And the points earned are based on what’s remain.
For instance : for a total stay of 1000 €, including 150€ of taxes
- without using points, you earn points based on a 850 € spending
- if you use 20,000 points, equivalent of 400€, the remaining amount to pay at check-out is 600€. For points earning, the amount eligible will be 600-150 = 450€
clement7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.