Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by 1flyer
If you continue in the current fashion, you'll need almost exactly 56 nights.

ah nice, I should be platinum next month then!
clement7 likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Still 1500 something point with 3 nights ....
Couple of change of plans might result in qualifying gold only for this year (and about 100 SPG or whatever their new program name nights)
clement7 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
4124 points and 16 nights and 4 more nights booked. I will reach Gold this year with this pace.
clement7 likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
3835 points and 13 nights. 3 more nights booked so on track for Gold this year. To be honest, having been platinum for many years previously, I haven't noticed much difference. Upgrades and check in/out requests have all been met.

The only thing really is no club access , which seems more relevant in the APAC higher end properties.
But I am beginning to see you can pay for this on a needs basis, if you will get value and I think this works out better for me than the incremental spend to push for platinum.
For example, a few weeks ago I stayed at Sofitel Legend Metropole, which has a great lounge with very good catering. They gave us a suite upgrade for status, and then offered $80 a night for the two of us for club access with the breakfast. Breakfast was $32pp so a no brainer.
clement7 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
For example, a few weeks ago I stayed at Sofitel Legend Metropole, which has a great lounge with very good catering.
Especially week-end breakfast where you get free flow of champagne (yes, at breakfast, I'm not ashamed of it!).
It was Deutz vintage when I was there a few nights last year.

As for my current status level progression, 6 183 Status points and 18 nights.
At about the right pace to finish the year just above Platinum requirements.

Julien
tris06 and clement7 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
5 nights 3246 SP but we were on a cruise from 1/1 to 5/7 so haven't had much opportunity. Upcoming 2 night Sofitel Chicago, 9 nights Fairmont SF and some random Philly and NY bookings Oh, and 8 nights The Savoy London, so I guess I'm Platinum for yet another year. We don't stay at Ibis so revenue based is fine with us.
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:03 am

Who's got me beat?

kaffir76 and clement7 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
Not me

Till the end of August: 21 nights and 1202 status points
(I've spent 12,000 reward points on some of these bookings.)

+ 6 nights that couldn't be credited to my account, as they were booked by my partner through "the approved channel", which turned to be egencia/Expedia.
Those nights would have given me some 1800 status / 2600 reward points
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by testman
Not me

Till the end of August: 21 nights and 1202 status points
(I've spent 12,000 reward points on some of these bookings.)

+ 6 nights that couldn't be credited to my account, as they were booked by my partner through "the approved channel", which turned to be egencia/Expedia.
Those nights would have given me some 1800 status / 2600 reward points
That's unfortunate! Hopefully your partner has learned a lesson?? lol
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
20,162 status points.
8 / 60 nights.
vidrineb and clement7 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
15916 points Status and 20 Nights I love revenue based. We basically stay in Sofitels except in a few cities where my wife has long time faves and now that Fairmont/Raffles are part of Accor, it should always be easy to retain Platinum status.

Some people ..... about it but TBT the idea of programs is to reward customers who give the most to the hotel, not to let someone stay at $19 Ibis a bunch of times and then expect a suite at Sofitel.
vidrineb and clement7 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
20,162 status points.
8 / 60 nights.
I'm gonna guess 8 nights in a Fairmont suite? Quite the quick way to get status!
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by HanoiIG
15916 points Status and 20 Nights I love revenue based. We basically stay in Sofitels except in a few cities where my wife has long time faves and now that Fairmont/Raffles are part of Accor, it should always be easy to retain Platinum status.

Some people ..... about it but TBT the idea of programs is to reward customers who give the most to the hotel, not to let someone stay at $19 Ibis a bunch of times and then expect a suite at Sofitel.
The luxury brands do make it quite easy! Most of my nights are for work in Novotels and Mercures around London! Other than that it's all Sofitels and the like when I travel for leisure.
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by vidrineb
I'm gonna guess 8 nights in a Fairmont suite? Quite the quick way to get status!
Sort of. It was 5 nights at Banff Springs Hotel and 5 at Chateau Lake Louise, with FPC Suite Upgrade certificates used at both.

3 of the 5 nights at Banff were paid, and 2 were using free night certificates. So, I got the 1 Bedroom Suite at Banff for the price of a base Fairmont room. Fantastic deal, paying only $559 x 3 nights for 5 nights, on the 'Moments Stay Longer 20% off rate', for an average rate of $335/night in a suite during high season, where the going rate was $1,399. I'm going to miss those upgrade and free night certs . It was so good of a deal, that I booked 2 rooms and we treated my brother and SIL to a trip, and got side-by-side suites, using 4 free night certs and 2 upgrade certs. I suspect I won't get it for that cheap ever again.

Lake Louise was 5 nights in a 2-Bed Lakeview Suite. Got a confirmed upgrade to the 2-Bedroom Lakeview Suite, paying only the $1,559 price of the 1-Bed Lakeview Suite (thanks @Jasper2009). Not quite the same savings as Banff, but still saved about $800/night. This is my most frequented hotel anywhere, so my stay history may have helped with the upgrade too.

We're booked to go back again in February for some skiing, for 7 nights at CLL and 4 at BSH, so will requalify for Platinum then. I also have 14 nights booked at Fairmont Tremblant (my second-most frequented hotel), with a week in Jan and a week in March.

Originally Posted by vidrineb
The luxury brands do make it quite easy! Most of my nights are for work in Novotels and Mercures around London! Other than that it's all Sofitels and the like when I travel for leisure.
Fortunately, I don't travel often for work, and get out of it every chance I can. I had 1 work night in a hotel in 2017, but am pleased to say I will complete 2018 without a single flight or night out-of-town for work!

Why do you have stay in London hotels for work, when your profile says you're based in London?
clement7 likes this.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Sep 3, 2018 at 8:50 am
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:00 am

Wow, that is quite an incredible savings! Now I see why so many of the Fairmont members were upset with the loss of their program!

Our ski trip for February is already booked for the French Alps but we're considering Canada for the following season!

Originally Posted by CanadaDH

Why do you have stay in London hotels for work, when your profile says you're based in London?
I live not far outside of London, not too far from Heathrow, and where I have to go for work is on the outskirts of the opposite end of London. So a commute to that end of London would be about 3 hours each way, so I put the hotel stays through my business to save me 6 hours of driving everyday when I have to do work on that side of the city.
clement7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.