FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Victory House London, MGallery by Sofitel [no longer an Accor hotel] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1894411-victory-house-london-mgallery-sofitel-no-longer-accor-hotel.html)

craigc Feb 17, 2018 11:39 am

Victory House London, MGallery by Sofitel [no longer an Accor hotel]

Hi
Has anyone stayed here?
This opened quite late after it's original planned opening in Q2 last year.

I have booked for late March - interested if anyone has stayed - if not will write up a report once I get back!

hotel_user Mar 20, 2018 4:33 am

Booked for April

Originally Posted by craigc (Post 29427835)
Hi
Has anyone stayed here?
This opened quite late after it's original planned opening in Q2 last year.

I have booked for late March - interested if anyone has stayed - if not will write up a report once I get back!

I have just booked for a stay in early May

Will let you know how we get on.

It was difficult to get reply from hotel via e mail. The booking process has taken 3 weeks. I asked a few questions before I booked.

craigc Mar 20, 2018 5:50 pm

I just arrived - they gave me a double upgrade to a Deluxe Suite and there are various minibar snacks/items for free.
The room is not that big even though it is very comfy and I look forward to the breakfast tomorrow.
Will report back after stay.

IMH Mar 21, 2018 5:56 am

Originally Posted by craigc (Post 29548435)
I just arrived - they gave me a double upgrade to a Deluxe Suite and there are various minibar snacks/items for free.

Nice upgrade. :) Enjoy your stay and we look forward to your report!

Goldorak Mar 21, 2018 6:49 am

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 29550042)
Nice upgrade. :) Enjoy your stay and we look forward to your report!

with a minimum of 50 pictures ;)

craigc Mar 23, 2018 9:53 am

Overall great stay at MGallery Victory House London

Check In Check in was smooth and was awarded a double upgrade due to Platinum memebrship Room The room was great if a bit small - good bathroom with Co Bigelow toiletries. Dining I had breakfast all three mornings.There is a decent buffet selection, the staff come and take your coffee order and offer a hot item from the menu - mostly egg-based dishes (4 or 5 to choose from) Overall The location is great BUT the surrounding clubs and noise of Leicester Square can prove a problem. I was on 5th floor and still heard the noise from the club on my second night and really the windows are not thick enough to compensate.I wrote a complaint but yet to hear - will update if I do.

starflyergold Mar 23, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks for the review craigc but if that's a double upgrade how small would your regular room be? :eek:

Goldorak Mar 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Thanks for this review craigc. What was the room category you were upgraded to ?

IMH Mar 23, 2018 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 29559757)
Thanks for this review craigc. What was the room category you were upgraded to ?

I'm guessing it was something like a Deluxe Suite. :D

Originally Posted by craigc (Post 29548435)
I just arrived - they gave me a double upgrade to a Deluxe Suite [...]

Goldorak Mar 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 29559762)
I'm guessing it was something like a Deluxe Suite. :D

:D Sorry, I was looking into the review and did not notice that craigc mentioned it in another post before.
It is really small for a Deluxe suite.

craigc Mar 25, 2018 7:03 am

Just to update...
I received a reply today that was very comprehensive and also offered a partial refund.
I appreciated the sincerity of the email and the gesture was a good level.
​​​

IMH Mar 25, 2018 8:08 am

Originally Posted by craigc (Post 29564320)
I received a reply today that was very comprehensive and also offered a partial refund.​​​

To clarify: this was in respect of the noise, right? I can't see anything else in your review that could lead to an offer of compensation (although of course anyone who pays for a "Deluxe Suite" is unlikely to be impressed).

craigc Mar 25, 2018 10:54 am

Correct - the noise kept me up for one night.
The rest of my stay was great and the staff really make the hotel.

savonarola Mar 25, 2018 2:37 pm

I was considering booking this hotel, but became a bit worried with this noise issue. Would you say it was an isolated incident or is it bound to happen again? Maybe they should change the windows?

craigc Mar 25, 2018 2:47 pm

They have advise they are changing the windows - you can ask for a room not facing LSq the corner rooms are best to avoid - rest should be fine.

It was only one night out of the four I was there and they have confirmed they are improving the windows in near future.