Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Victory House London, MGallery by Sofitel [no longer an Accor hotel]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Victory House London, MGallery by Sofitel [no longer an Accor hotel]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:20 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
This brief report won't add much to what has been written above, but might serve to reinforce the impressions recorded by previous guests: this hotel isn't up to MGallery standard and doesn't have much to recommend it.

We wouldn't normally have booked a stay here, given the comments in this thread. So why did we? Because we were booking a single London night at rather short notice and everything was expensive. If a night at one of our usual Mercures or Novotels was going to cost Ł300, we thought, why not try something new and more luxurious?

Except that this property is not luxurious. Platinum brought us an upgrade from "superior" to "deluxe" but the room was still tiny and lacked what I would consider to be basic amenities in a hotel of this category, such as slippers and flannels (washcloths). When I say the room was "tiny", I mean around 20 m˛ -- but without the charm of a small Paris room or the clever use of space typically found in Japan.

The miniature safe was not large enough for a baby iPad, let alone a laptop or an A4 folder. The TV looked impressive, but all the channels we could find were decidedly low-def. There was no welcome amenity. The room was 'scented' by diffuser sticks that I found faintly repellent.

Positive: The bed was comfortable and we received a (handwritten) drinks voucher without having to ask.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:04 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
patrickw has posted a lukewarm review in the 2018 "elite experiences" master thread, here.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
I guess the Hotel has (will soon) leave Accor?
Website seems to not start anymore?

No longer bookable on Accor?

Did it go bust?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:29 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by kiez
I guess the Hotel has (will soon) leave Accor?
Website seems to not start anymore?

No longer bookable on Accor?

Did it go bust?
Looks like it has gone from Accor.

IMHO it will not be missed.

The new hotel website is here ..... draw your own conclusions

https://www.victoryhouselondon.com/
IMH likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Looking at those pictures ...difficult to understand how this property can be a Mgallery, even if located in one of the best area for tourism in London
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Dav77
Looking at those pictures ...difficult to understand how this property can be a Mgallery, even if located in one of the best area for tourism in London
It was the high room price with no status recognition and a lot of meh. It would have been better as just a Mercure

It had potential but something obviously went totally wrong. The location is spot on though.

We still "laugh" about when my OH was asked if he had fixed the lifts when we were waiting to check in by other guests .....
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:11 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Accor don't seem to have a lot of luck with the MGallery brand in London. First the St. Ermin's Hotel, now this. Judging from the reviews no great loss though.
hotel_user and Dav77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.