Ski hotels in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:30 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Ski hotels in Europe

Hi all
Any of you have experiences/recommendations for hotels reasonably close to lift stations? Had a booking for Les Arcs 1800 but that’s changed hands only a couple of weeks ago so cancelled the reservation. France or Italy would be the preference.

A google search is not super helpful, this links first hotel is in Russia…A little problematic…

https://all.accor.com/united-kingdom...otels.en.shtml
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:34 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by LeClubVirgin

A google search is not super helpful, this links first hotel is in Russia…A little problematic…

Mindboogling.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:21 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Not a lot left. Megève, basically.
https://resorts.accor.com/en/themes/...-mountain.html

(note: this still lists Les Arcs and Courchevel)
LeClubVirgin likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by LeClubVirgin
Hi all
Any of you have experiences/recommendations for hotels reasonably close to lift stations? Had a booking for Les Arcs 1800 but that’s changed hands only a couple of weeks ago so cancelled the reservation. France or Italy would be the preference.

The new Handwritten Collection is decently located in Saint Gervais. With a bit of walking close accès to a lot of km of slopes
LeClubVirgin likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
If you are up for the French Pyrenees there’s a Mercure at Loudenvielle and another Mercure at Saint Lary Soulan. Even though they’re ‘only’ Mercures they aren’t cheap. I’ve never stayed at the Mercure in Saint Lary (we prefer to self-cater at Pierre et Vacances) but have had several stays at Loudenveille which is a good hotel. Both hotels are located in their respective villages close to a télécabine to go up to the slopes.

Snow in the Pyrenees is a bit of a lottery though…
LeClubVirgin likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 12:44 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor diamond
Originally Posted by VikingOnTheRoad
The new Handwritten Collection is decently located in Saint Gervais. With a bit of walking close accès to a lot of km of slopes
Think we have a winner… The st gervais one looks nice and reasonable price too.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:39 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
have not found many Accor hotels in ski resorts outside France...
in Switzerland for example, there is NO Accord hotel in any ski or mountain resorts (with the exception maybe of Interlaken, if you really count this as a mountain resort but you have to commute to any reasonable ski area....and that hotel in Interlaken is very expensive)
Old Oct 9, 2023, 6:15 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by BinSabai
have not found many Accor hotels in ski resorts outside France...
In Europe, which the OP asked about, I agree. In North America, there are several.

Originally Posted by BinSabai
in Switzerland for example, there is NO Accord hotel in any ski or mountain resorts (with the exception maybe of Interlaken, if you really count this as a mountain resort but you have to commute to any reasonable ski area....and that hotel in Interlaken is very expensive)
I ski about 30 days every winter, and I don't recall ever staying in an Accor hotel for any of my ski trips in Europe. I select my ski destination first, and then choose the best hotel for it, rather than the other way around. But, I'm a bit particular about the ski experience and convenient hotel access and quality, that if I was particular about the hotel brand first, I think the overall trip would suffer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.