Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

No availability on Accor but through OTA’s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas; Virgin Australia; Le Club Accor; Marriott

Hi all,

I am looking to book the Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg hotel for a night in March, no direct availability on Accor but available through OTA. Booked flexible but wondering why this would be the case. Obviously like to utilise my gold benefits and count towards status.

I have emailed the hotel direct and will provide some update if I hear back.

Cheers

Waz
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:33 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Waz22
Hi all,

I am looking to book the Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg hotel for a night in March, no direct availability on Accor but available through OTA. Booked flexible but wondering why this would be the case. Obviously like to utilise my gold benefits and count towards status.

I have emailed the hotel direct and will provide some update if I hear back.

Cheers

Waz
Have you tried logging out and checking AccorHotels.com? I have a similar problem with the Sofitel in Singapore everytime I check and it shows availability when I'm not logged in.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Waz22 - What is your status with Accor? For Gold and above, you may have "Guaranteed Room Availability".
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:51 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Waz22 - What is your status with Accor? For Gold and above, you may have "Guaranteed Room Availability".
I can tell you that even in the case of the Sofitel Singapore that didn't show (Plat). I assume it's a problem in the system.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Still haven’t heard back from hotel but that’s likely due to it being a weekend. I am currently Gold so should show up with guaranteed availability. I suspect there must either be a glitch or they haven’t updated the Accor system as the neighbouring Sofitel also shows no availability.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For the room guarantee availability, you might be interested reading my last experience with that...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...-d-2-joke.html
Good luck !
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
For the room guarantee availability, you might be interested reading my last experience with that...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/acco...-d-2-joke.html
Good luck !
I just received an email from the hotel advising that there is no availability and offered the adjacent Novotel at approx €36 more excl breakfast. Sounds like typical Accor and should just get used to it...... I will keep my booking through the OTA

Last edited by Waz22; Jan 24, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Old Jan 23, 2018, 3:00 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Waz22

I just received an email from the hotel advising that there is no availability and offered the adjacent Novotel at approx €36 excl breakfast. Sounds like typical Accor an£ should just get used to it...... I will keep my booking through the OTA
Its quite possible the hotel sold a block of rooms to a wholesaler and they have none left, doesn’t explain the lack of a platinum room guarantee though.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:34 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

Thank you all for sharing this issue. We are currently looking into it, and will let you know when we have identified where the problem is coming from.

Best,

Amy
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:51 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

Thank you all for sharing this issue. We are currently looking into it, and will let you know when we have identified where the problem is coming from.

Best,

Amy
Hi Amy, this also ibderectly has similarities to Goldorak 'S issue with his "Platinum Guarantee" thread at a property two months ago.

I have also noticed as mentioned with the Sofitel Singapore City Centre that when I'm logged in, the hotel appears full. All the time.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear members,

Best,

Amy
Thanks Amy,

Please feel free to private message if you require any further details. To confirm I am currently Gold Status and still unable to book direct however was able through OTA and still hold booking.

Cheers

Waz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.