FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1885427-please-post-your-le-club-elite-experiences-2018-master-thread.html)

starflyergold Dec 31, 2017 7:43 am

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

As last year please post your mini review/experiences as Le Club Accorhotels silver/gold/platinum here. For full reviews please post in the existing thread or start a new one if the hotel does not show up in a search.

gilbertaue Jan 1, 2018 6:57 pm

- Name of the hotel:
IBIS Styles Bremen Altstadt

- What is your Le Club status?
Platipus

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It's ok for a Ibis Styles

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a family room which is the largest they have. Small living room with a fold out sofa bed.

- How are the rooms?
Star Trek - style theme. Very.. umm... starship like. Beds are okay, Airconditioning in the room with cooling/heating function. Tiny bathrooms.

- What was good and what was bad?
Overall OK. Can't fault it as it's within walking distance of my German office.
Parking is really really tight. So don't attempt to drive in with anything larger than a E/5/A6 Stationwagon. There is alternative parking closeby.

Walking distance to the river and the old town.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
N.Applicable

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Received my welcome drink vouchers (3x for two adults and a child). Nothing else received.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Good value for money and I keep heading back until a higher grade property gets built.

IMH Jan 2, 2018 10:21 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 29237784)
IBIS Styles Bremen Altstadt
[...]
I keep heading back until a higher grade property gets built.

We like the Bremen Swissôtel, so you'll soon have a decent option.

patrickw Jan 7, 2018 6:02 am

Grand Ambassador Seoul associated Pullman

<br /><strong>What is your Le Club status?</strong><br />Gold<br /><br /><strong>Were you happy with the hotel/stay?</strong><br />So-so<br /><br /><strong>Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?</strong><br />Booked Superior Room with 2 Single Beds and got it but on the executive floor (14th floor). As I mentioned in another post, there was some issue for my member status at check in since I booked the room back in Dec and they told me the number was expired during check in. I couldn't see the new number at that time so they say they can't provide me any member benefits but will check my new status with the loyalty department. <br /><br /><strong>How are the rooms?</strong><br />The room was quite nice and spacious, and with great views. But the heater was quite warm for sleeping and the temperature control doesn't seem to work<br /><br /><strong>What was good and what was bad?</strong><br /><br /><strong>Good:</strong><br />Staff are all very helpful<br />There are a few stores including a 24hr convenience store at the back of the hotel<br />There is KAL limousine bus stop right at the hotel to/from Incheon airport<br /><br /><strong>Bad:</strong><br />Location wise, it is not as convenient as the Ibis in Myeongdong/ Dongdaemun area as it is kinda in the middle of the 2 area<br />Only 2 free Nespresso capsules per day and they will charge you 1000KRW (almost 1USD) to print an A4 page in black and white doesn't really fit for Pullman as many ibis/mercure are more generous than this<br /><br /><strong>Welcome drinks, amenities or any other special perks?</strong><br />I was given 2 drink vouchers through the door during the 1st night after they confirmed my gold status<br /><br /><strong>Value for money? Would you return?</strong><br />There will be a Novotel in Dongdaemun opening in Jul 2018 so maybe I will give that a try next time<ul></ul>

tris06 Jan 7, 2018 7:07 am

That's one very poor upgrade considering they didnt let you use the lounge as you are not plat anymore?

patrickw Jan 7, 2018 8:09 am

Originally Posted by tris06 (Post 29261013)
That's one very poor upgrade considering they didnt let you use the lounge as you are not plat anymore?

No I didn't have the lounge access. At least to their credit they didn't say it's a upgrade but something along the line they can't give me any member benefits since my number is expired and they can't establish my current status. And I didn't bother about the upgrade after the 1st night when they actually leave me a message that now they know I'm a gold member and give me my new membership number as I don't want to switch room after the first night.

So at least I did feel like they know about le club whereas in some other hotels the staff simply has no clue.

cwl Jan 7, 2018 11:19 am

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel London Gatwick

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior received Deluxe

- How are the rooms? All rooms from Classic through to Deluxe are same size just slight improvements in decoration and as move up categories. Deluxe rooms on top floor offering good view over the airport. Room 23sq m so not large but all in order, included comp minbar, Nespresso machine, Hermes toiletries. Bathroom basic for Sofitel early 90's design, small with shared bath/shower. Rooms would fit better Pullman rather than Sofitel brand.

Good: Quick check in,
Platinum benefits readily offered.

Bad:
Welcome amenity uninspiring small plate of fruit

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, small lounge on 8th Floor. Offers drinks and snacks 5.30pm to 10.30pm. Limited savoury snacks 5.30 to 7.30pm, cheeses and 3 plates of hot bitesize party type snacks, Cheese selection remains to 10.30pm supplemented with dessert from 8pm (which during stay was a plate of brownies). Drink selection limited, 1 red wine (poor), 2 white wines, one choice of bottled beer and a few basic spirits. Water for tea in a thermos flask. Coffee machine which was broken with no alternative option to produce a cup of coffee offered. On the evening of stay lounge mostly occupied from 6 by couples who were determined to make use of the free alcohol until closing time, becoming louder and louder as they consumed alcohol. By 10.00pm when we returned for a post dinner nightcap the bottles of alcohol had migrated to the tables they were sat at and were being emptied as fast a possible, staff seemed content to allow this. Continental breakfast served from 6.30am, cereal, fruit, bread and pastries. Same set up for hot drinks as evening except coffee machine now working. Lounge is small, recently redecorated. Basic, more in keeping with a Novotel lounge rather than Sofitel offering.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Two welcome drink vouchers on arrival. No welcome letter but small plate of fruit in room. Early/late check out not requested.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? As a "Pullman" hotel would be good just not Sofitel standard, service is fine. Rates are reasonable and for that would use again for Gatwick airport. Hotel lounge and rooms inferior to Sofitel Heathrow.

cwl Jan 7, 2018 11:36 am

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Junior suite with pool and Atlas mountain view received Prestige Suite with same view. Hotel sold out so uncertain whether upgrade would be possible but upgrade was proactively actioned before arrival and was a excellent upgrade.

- How are the rooms? Prestige suite large (room 304) consisted of small lobby, main room with small dining table, and large sofa plus two single chairs, separate bedroom with super king bed, bathroom with bath with large sink with separate bathroom area with toilet, walk in shower, and another sink. Lots of storage space. Large balcony with table and two chairs plus a large round lounger. Suite came with dedicated butler service for suite guests.

Good:
Good status benefits.
Dedicated butler with suite.
Great location
Nice pool deck

Bad:
Service can be a little slow in keeping with local culture

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? None at property.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2 for use in lobby bar. Informed useable for any drink on menu. Used for two frozen cocktails. No welcome letter, welcome amenity 3 oranges and plate of local sweets. Early check in requested but room not ready on arrival so had lunch instead after which room available. Requested 3pm check out 2 days before checkout from butler who confirmed this would not be a problem and it wasn't

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Would happily return (full review to follow),

cwl Jan 7, 2018 2:41 pm

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Heathrow

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, its a standard Novotel, good value London Heathrow option when amenities of Sofitel not required.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior received Executive

- How are the rooms? Standard old generation European Novotel

Good:
A standard Novotel which delivered Status benefits well.
Online check in that actually works. Less than 60 second check in, handed Platinum Member wallet with name on containing room keys, drink vouchers and summary of Platinum benefits prepared in advance.

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Online checkin, Platinum member wallet confirming all Platinum benefits ready on arrival containing welcome drink voucher for 2, upgrade actioned before arrival. Welcome letter in room with large fruit platter and macaroons (for a European Novotel probably best welcome amenity receieved, better than many European Sofitel, M Gallery and Pullman hotels).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? For late arrival and early departure a solid good value option at London Heathrow. Update on stay - points not posted reached out to hotel to rectify, response from Duty Manager - can't/won't help contact told to Le Club CS.

hotel_user Jan 8, 2018 12:55 pm

Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked standard, received upgrade to bridal suite - I had e mailed previously and requested a room with a terrace. This was the only one in the hotel. OH loved it.

How are the rooms?

Hotel has old original rooms and a modern extension. Older rooms have character, newer built room’s just boxes.

What was good and what was bad?

Good: Very centrally located for the cathedral and old town.

Bad: Nothing

Welcome drinks, amenities or any other special perks?

Two drinks, took pint and a soft drink. Room had mini bar that had coke and juices refreshed daily. Welcome gift of chocolates.
Value for money? Would you return?
Yes, this has been our third stay. Breakfast is £16.

kniesel Jan 14, 2018 11:14 pm

CANBERRA NOVOTEL

Gold

Yes, third time here

Booked Standard room with Queen bed - (lowest category) to 1 bedroom apartment with King bed (highest category of 3)

How are the rooms?
The room was quite spacious, clean and functional - however the hotel is starting to show its age.

Good:
Very centrally located, valet are great and proactive.

Bad:
None.

I was given 2 drink vouchers and a welcome amenity of a fruit bowl and a bottle of sparkling water.

Yes, for when Parliament is not sitting it is very good value.

starflyergold Jan 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by kniesel (Post 29293802)
Gold

Yes, third time here

Booked Standard room with Queen bed - (lowest category) to 1 bedroom apartment with King bed (highest category of 3)

How are the rooms?
The room was quite spacious, clean and functional - however the hotel is starting to show its age.

Good:
Very centrally located, valet are great and proactive.

Bad:
None.

I was given 2 drink vouchers and a welcome amenity of a fruit bowl and a bottle of sparkling water.

Yes, for when Parliament is not sitting it is very good value.

Which hotel are we talking about? ;)

gilbertaue Jan 15, 2018 3:43 am

... If... And... Parliament...
I am guessing Novotel Canberra.

Firsttime4me2 Jan 15, 2018 4:29 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue (Post 29294291)
... If... And... Parliament...
I am guessing Novotel Canberra.

You certainly know your way around, have you been to every Accor Gilbertaue?

gilbertaue Jan 15, 2018 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Firsttime4me2 (Post 29294371)
You certainly know your way around, have you been to every Accor Gilbertaue?

Hahaha. No. :)
But I do remember the Accor hotel I DON'T stay at because parliament is sitting and I can't get a room :p