Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Why no breakfast as a plat?

I asked at check-in and response was ‘not aware of the breakfast benefit at ibis’. I am going to telephone the Manager today. Currently at Sea Temple Port Douglas and this is a beautiful Resort, great service and genuine Platinum recognition.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:09 am

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel London West

Platinum

Yes

Booked Executive room and reading from the description on the website it seems I got a Premium Executive room, with the major difference of just being on the top floor and with Nespresso machine anyway. But I know the hotel was very busy so I'm actually pleasantly surprised now (When I book there is only the Plat guarantee rate available and I saw a few conference at the hotel on arrival)

- How are the rooms?
The rooms are quite good with standard Novotel layout and well maintained. The water pressure at the shower is a little weak though

Good:
Staff are friendly
Rooms are well maintained as mentioned
The rate is very good usually being in fare Zone 2 of London especially during weekend

Bad:
The housekeeping could have done better to keep the corridor clean and tidy. When I first arrived at around 2pm there are plates and glass and quite a few other stuff on the corridor people put there after room service. Most of those items were still there on the floor of the corridor 10pm that night.

N/A

Drink voucher was given without asking
There was a printed welcome note and some mints in the room

While it is not the most central location it's still quite good and usually the rate is great. So probably yes.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:35 am

- Name of the hotel:
Victory House - London Leicester Square - MGallery by Sofitel

Platinum

Quite

Booked classic room single bed because it has the lowest rate for central London for that day except ibis, even Mercure is asking for more (Lowest rate, but not exactly cheap). At first I was given room 116 which has quite a large room, but the whole view from the window is an electricity control panel so I requested to change to another room. It might be a superior room since it's facing Leicester Square but I'm not sure

- How are the rooms?
The room is pretty ok but it is definitely a bit tight in size. Being in a historical building means you can feel and hear when you are walking around the room or someone is walking outside. They provided ear plugs since my room is facing Leicester Square but probably since it was a weekday when I stayed and I can sleep generally everywhere I think the noise level wasn't that bad on that night even without ear plugs.

Good:
The location is really central
the bed is very comfortable

Bad:
Perhaps my previous MGallery experience which was in Prague and Bangkok (both are excellent) made my expectation a little high.
-Some amenities such as slippers are missing
-The housekeeping is not good enough (I found plastic bag from previous user)
-Turn down service which was advertised did not happen
-The TV channel selection is lacking (The novotel I wrote above is better)

N/A

Drink voucher was given without asking
There was also a printed welcome letter given upon check in
Late check out was granted

If the same situation happens again (last minute booking when it's the cheapest inside the London city area and the rates elsewhere is almost insane) then probably yes, otherwise other options in London might have better value of money.

Added: I just remember one strange thing of the hotel, the keycard holder used was printed for Hotel Indigo London - 1 Leicester Square which is weird

Last edited by patrickw; Dec 13, 2018 at 6:43 am
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by patrickw
- Name of the hotel:Novotel London West

The rate is very good usually being in fare Zone 2 of London especially during weekend
Just curious : what does that mean ?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Just curious : what does that mean ?
Londoners like to refer to where they live (and other places) based on the fare zones for the London tube:
BBC - London - Travel - London Underground Map

The Novotel West is close to Hammersmith, which as you can see is in Zone 2. While not right in the city centre, Zone 2 is still just a 10-20 minute ride on the tube away from most things so generally considered a good location (at least for apartments to live in - for hotels I'd generally prefer to be in Zone 1).

Last edited by Nander; Dec 13, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Leeds Centre

Gold

Yes

Booked Queen Privilege, upgraded to King Privilege with balcony

- How are the rooms?
Newly opened hotel with quirky rooms. Decor based around the fact that the building used to be a textile warehouse.

Good:
Quirky decor style. Definately the most interesting Mercure that I have stayed in.

Bad:
No real reception, just two members of staff standing around with laptops. Ground floor room was on the street and noisy at night. Next time I will skip the upgrade if it means a high floor room.

NA

Two drinks vouchers (there were two of us). Late check-out.

Paid using points. That said, the cash price was good for a very busy night in town. I will return. A better alternative to the Novotel around the corner.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
- Name of the hotel:
Ibis Style Budapest airport

Platinium

Yes : the best Ibis Style I stayed in

Booked standard room, upgraded to a junior suite (not usual to have a junior suite at an Ibis Style)

- How are the rooms?
Newly opened hotel, junior suite was big enough and very calm

Good:
the hotel is very well soundproofed (it is a few minutes walk from the airport).
The breakfast is above average (and start at 4am !)

Bad:
Nothing

NA

Two drinks vouchers
A basket of fruit and some chocolates

Payed 80€ which is quite expensive for Hungary, but this Ibis Style is the only hotel near the airport.
I would sure return if I have early or late flight

Last edited by nrouxel; Dec 17, 2018 at 3:09 am
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
- Name of the hotel:
MGallery Nemzety Budapest

Platinium

Yes

Booked standard room, upgraded to a suite ( a three level upgrade although the hotel was full )

- How are the rooms?
The suite is large enough (the standard room are quite small)
Big bathroom, especially the bathtub (but no in excellent condition )

Good:
Upgrading
The room was very calm (facing the inner courtyard )

Bad:
Nothing

NA

Two drinks vouchers
Some chocolates

Payed 220€ for 3 nights (including breakfast)
I would sure return
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
- Name of the hotel:

Mercure Torun Centrum

Platinum

Yes

Booked standard room and was upgraded to a corner suite with views over the old town. Got the 5plz Torun Gingerbread selection as previously mentioned. Room upgrade was more beneficial and welcomed.

- How are the rooms?

The room was large and had a good view of the old town area – although from a distance. We were on the top floor. Layout was good although some of the fixtures and furniture showing signs of age. Bed was good.

Good : Upgraded – plenty of plugs - Room service gave water each day.

Bad:

Room fittings showing age – Breakfast was poor for the type of hotel – it was more of an Ibis style breakfast – and slow to refresh – but for Ł4 it was very acceptable.

Breakfast full of workmen who were staying in hotel as well as business travellers and holiday makers.

No lounge.

One drink voucher was given for two persons, we could have a choice of anything within reason from the small bar. Jack Daniels and Coke and large wine chosen.

Given a 10% discount for the “Winestone” restaurant that was not there .. it seemed to be a bar service – but food good from the small choice.

Yes, well located, and friendly staff. Not really walking distance to train station – 2km bad road – map makes it look walkable ( taxi cost 15plz – no Uber in town but the taxi rate was cheap – hotel told us there are some “rip off” taxis in town – so they booked taxi for us – paid same to get to hotel from train station )
Kobetraveller and derfliegel like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: All Diamond
- Name of the hotel:
IBIS WORLD SQUARE SYDNEY
Platinium

NO

Booked standard room, GOT SAME NEXT DOOR TO LIFT

- How are the rooms?

Room ok standard Ibis stle room but bathroom just been renovated nicely

Both restaurant receptionist and main receptionist tried to charge for breakfast. Eventually they saw my way of thinking but didnt bother with 2nd day couldnt be bothered with another whinging contest. Requested late check out due to late flight,yes til 12 noon (from 11) then I asked how about 3pm? Yes if you pay a $60 charge of course (even though there was a BIG sign directly behind him advertising late 3pm checkout available for $30 ... ?)

Only good bit was bathroom

NA

Two drinks vouchers
Bottle of water and a card sayng enjoy your free gift ( guess they must've forgotten the gift though)
Kobetraveller and derfliegel like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:57 pm

These mini-reviews are useful when the service is not great. Just to be clear ... I “like” and appreciate you letting us know about the service level here .... not the fact that you were not treated well.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Warszawa Centrum

Gold

Yes

Booked Standard Double. Upgraded to a Superior room with a double bed, on the quiet side of the hotel. (As far as I know, there are no Privilege rooms at this hotel)

- How are the rooms?
Superior room:
Average size for Mercure in Poland, not very small, big enough for a sofa and a coffee table in the corner of a room. No real desk, but there's some space for your laptop next to the coffee set. Cosy but functional.
Bathroom with a big shower. No door to the shower, but it didn't flood the rest of the bathroom. Nice.
Room equipped with a Nespresso machine (6 pods). A bottle of orange juice and apple juice included for free, apart from 2 small bottles of water. Bathrobes and slippers provided.

Good:
Next to the Central Railway Station. Quiet side of the hotel is really quite (with the window closed).
Room looked nice and was functional.
Coffee machines with 6 pods. (Earlier this year I stayed at Novotel Warszawa Airport and you get 2 pods there. One has decaf coffee. Crazy.)

Bad:
No major issues.
In the bathroom, there's a speaker so you can hear the TV. It's not possible to turn it off and it was louder than the TV itself.
A very big breakfast room: you need to walk a lot. Not the most exciting breakfast buffet for a Mercure in Poland. Terrible coffee.

N/A

Automatic upgrade to a higher category at check-in.
A voucher for welcome drinks for 2 people was waiting at the reception.
I was given another voucher for the restaurant (Winestone) - good for a glass of house wine (15 cl) and a snack (some olives, piece of bread with cheese of ham).
VIP treatment: a large bag of hand-made biscuits (approx. 12-14 pieces, different flavours) and a mango smoothie with a paper straw (still not that common in Poland).

The price per night was slightly higher than at Novotel Warszawa Centrum and Mercure Warszawa Grand, but I would return to this hotel with pleasure.
I paid a special rate which included breakfast for two (usually 74 PLN per person).
Kobetraveller and hotel_user like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Warszawa Grand

Gold

yes and no
in fact, mostly no

Booked a Superior room with a king-size bed. Upgraded to a Privilege room on the 5th floor.
(By the way, Standard and Superior rooms had the same price when I was making a booking.)

- How are the rooms?
Privilege room:
A very very big, corner room, with two windows. One window near the entrance, the other - next to the sink in the bathroom. It was very dark in the room in the morning.
Quirky design of the bathroom: the shower has two transparent parts (door in the bathroom and another transparent wall to the living room) but there's a curtain in the living room, so you can draw the curtain and not be seen. The bathroom is next to the bed, separated with a big sliding door.
A desk/table (irregular shape) + two chairs and a stool.

Good:
A wider selection of teas (incl. lemon tea and raspberry tea) and a Nespresso machine with 6 coffee pods
Some free drinks for guests: 4 small bottles of water and 3 soft drinks (tonic, 7up and black currant soft drink)
Wider selection of Mercure cosmetics, incl. toothbrushes (very useful as I'd forgotten to pack mine and it was too late to buy one).
Buffer breakfast was good. Both the room and the products offered. Coffee was OK. (Orange juice could be improved - the same machine at saw at ibis Gdańsk Centrum a few weeks before.)

Bad:
I got to the hotel at 14.15, but the room wasn't ready. (Official check-in time: 14h) The receptionist said they needed some 20 minutes to have it ready.
It was very cold in the room. There was just 1 small heater next to the bathroom (good for towels), but it was luke-warm. Otherwise, if you're cold, you need to turn on the air-conditioning unit. The parquet floor doesn't help keep you warm.
The room is very big, but at least 1/3 of the room is totally useless, as it's empty. A sofa and a coffee table are desperately needed.
Very little space for your things - there's a tiny wardrobe with 2 shelves. No hangers for coats - you need to put them in the wardrobe even if wet.
Design not functional. No hanger for a towel next to the shower. Sockets difficult to use. One was under the bedside table (almost on the floor). I couldn't plug in my laptop (it has a big plug) next to the desk because of the design.
Issues with lights: If you want to turn on the light next to the desk, you automatically turn on the lights next to the bed. It doesn't make any sense. There are no floor or desk lamps in the room.

N/A

Upgraded to a Priviledge Room
A standard voucher for drinks given at check-in -- good for 2 people at Winestone restaurant; gets you e.g. a small glass of wine or a large beer (Żywiec) and a bit bowl of peanuts.
Welcome amenity: two ginger cookies, shaped as a Christmas tree, invidually wrapped, hand-made by members of a co-op for deaf people; a very short, generic hand-written note left next to the cookies (name of the guest not included; poor hand-writing - I think someone was a in hurry)

I'm more likely to choose other Accor properties in central Warsaw (Mercure Warszawa Centrum or Novotel Warszawa Centrum).
The Privilege room looked impressively huge, but you can't use most of the space. And a lot of small details make your stay rather uncomfortable.
I had a peek into a standard/superior room as it was being cleaned. It was smaller, but its layout and design made much more sense. It was more cosy too.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:47 am

[QUOTE=testman;30567227]- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Warszawa Grand

Lots of extremely detailed information. Really useful to read what is going on in other places. Thank you for this very detailed description of this hotel with the good and the bad.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
- Name of the hotel:

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
Platinum

Yes – very (However, not as good as our stay in the Sofitel in Sopot for about the same cost.)
Booked standard room and was upgraded to a corner suite (junior not sure) on fourth floor with views over the square and towards the old town.
- How are the rooms?
The room(s) was large and had a good view. There was plenty of plugs and even USB charging outlets by the bed and on the work table in the main room. Room had “mood” type lighting that made it dark in the evening even when all of the lights were on. The TV had some English language channels but not many.
Good: - Room service gave water each day, and turn down service. Newly refurbished. Tea / Coffee also replaced. Difficult to get cold milk on first night- took milk from breakfast subsequently. One macron and some
Bad: No discount on the un inspiring restaurant. However, plenty of good quality choice within 5 mins walk.
No lounge. Did ask concierge about breakfast. Was told that as a special favour it could be free if asked if FT was mentioned, so I did, and it was. It was a good international selection.
One drink voucher was given for two persons, we could have a choice of anything within reason Got a good G&T and a “Peter Pan” cocktail.
Yes, well located, and friendly staff. Did not have time to use pool, but it looked good and inviting. Will use it next stay. IMHO defiantly worth the extra few € per night over the other offerings from Accor in Warsaw.
Kobetraveller likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.