Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Grand Mercure Danang

Grand Mercure Danang

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Grand Mercure Danang

Lot A1 - Green Island - Hoa Cuong Bac - Hai Chau Da Nang, VN 59000

Grand Mercure Danang (18 Photos)

Grand Mercure Danang

I stayed two nights at the Grand Mercure, a first for me at this brand which exist only in Asia, the Pacific, Middle East and Latin America. This hotel was intially just a Mercure and subsequently upgraded to a Grand Mercure, from 4* to 5*.

Check In

Check in was very swift, warmly welcomed at the door I was immediately directed to check in at the Privilege Lounge on the 21st floor. Everything was pre-prepared: room key, drinks, voucher, letter explaining the amenities.

IMG_7435.JPG

1_IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7420.JPG

IMG_7425.JPG

Room

The room, a privilege room, was rather standard. I'm not sure where the upgrade came in but it was fine, especially given the very low rate I paid. It featured: comfortable bed, desk, HD TV with extensive HD channels, mini bar, coffee making facilities (kettle).

IMG_7402.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG

Welcome amenity:

1_IMG_7406.JPG

View from the room:

IMG_7408.JPG

Service

Service was excellent throughout. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The lounge staff in particular were going out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Dining

More dining info under Privilege Lounge.

I had one meal, lunch, at the restaurant. Overall again friendly service and nice quality meal at very competitive prices.

1_IMG_7424.JPG

Privilege Lounge

The lounge is offering breakfast and evening cocktails. For the rest of the day you can avail of soft drinks and coffee.

For breakfast a menu is available and your eggs or Asian specialties are made to order. Also on offer for self service are cold cuts, fruit, sausages and bacon and assorted Asian dishes. Pastries are freshly baked and just pressed juice round off the buffet.

The executive chef made it his business to greet guests personally. Nice touch.

IMG_7416.JPG

The Croque Madame was delicious.

1_IMG_7434.JPG

Evening Drinks: On offer cocktails, beer and wine. Staff will fix your beverages for you. Canapes include hot and cold items, all in all tasty and well presented.

1_IMG_7412.JPG

IMG_7413.JPG

IMG_7433_1.JPG

IMG_7432_1.JPG

1_IMG_7411.JPG

1_IMG_7430_1.JPG

The hotel is located on a sort of island with nothing, and I mean nothing nearby. You will need transport into downtown Danang or to even just go to a local shop. This hotel obviously caters more to business travellers than leisure though some cost conscious Australians were spotted.

The hotel also features a swimming pool, needless to say the weather (remnants of Storm Temblin) did not allow for any swimming.

1_IMG_7422.JPG

Overall

Overall this was a great stay. The room was nothing special but the staff and the lounge made up for it. rates are very competetive and the service was top notch. As this was my first stay at a Grand Mercure I must admit I was pleasantly surprised.

The location makes this hotel more suitable for the business rathen than the leisure traveller but if you are looking for a hotel to check in just relax for a day or two you can't go wrong with this hotel.

If I have ever reason to be in the area again I would defiitiely consider the Grand Mercure again.

Grand Mercure Danang

Would you like to write a review on the Grand Mercure Danang?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Looks nice indeed. Thanks for your 2 Danang reviews Starflyergold
starflyergold likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the review also. I’ve stayed here twice in the past. Good value for money. When it first opened they even had homemade chips in the main restaurant and also the Chinese restaurant was of excellent quality with a Chinese chef. But now these things have gone so it’s not as good as before.

I remember the lady in the lounge was really nice and seemed bored as there were very few guests at the time. The constant repetition of the same Christmas music was annoying though!

Location is a bit isolated as you said but I did manage to walk to the mall / market. I believe they have a free shuttle there too and also to the beach and the airport.

It’s a great hotel as a base for the price paid but I’d probably try the new Novotel if I went there again as it’s nearer the shopping area.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:01 am

Thanks for posting. The hotel looks nice. Shame about the location.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:43 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by camsean
Thanks for posting. The hotel looks nice. Shame about the location.
The rates make up for the location. €137 for 2 nights.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I paid 63usd per night when I was there 3 years ago. That was including breakfast for 2! Very good value indeed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.