Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Do the LCAH T&C show that a Sofitel does not have to provide longe access to PLAT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do the LCAH T&C show that a Sofitel does not have to provide longe access to PLAT?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam

When looking at the Plat benefits on the Accor website, a number of the items are of course subject to availability, such as early or late checkin, or a room upgrade. But extra points, for example, and access to the club lounge at hotels that have one, are not Shown to be items that are subject to availability. Is there any recourse if a hotel doesn’t provide the access, especially when the hotel is still selling rooms that provide access?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:02 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
When looking at the Plat benefits on the Accor website, a number of the items are of course subject to availability, such as early or late checkin, or a room upgrade. But extra points, for example, and access to the club lounge at hotels that have one, are not Shown to be items that are subject to availability. Is there any recourse if a hotel doesn’t provide the access, especially when the hotel is still selling rooms that provide access?
The only Sofitel hotel that I know of where this may be an issue is the Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm due to the size of the lounge. Recourse? You can take it up with customer service but not sure you will gain much.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
For which property? Is it on this list: https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/u...ndex.en.shtml? If so, then I would show the hotel this list and ask why they aren't following Accor's published benefits.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
The only Sofitel hotel that I know of where this may be an issue is the Sofitel Berlin Kurfürstendamm due to the size of the lounge.
Indeed, and size they have chosen deliberately to keep small after changes/renovation, surely for the sole purpose to not have to welcome Platinum guests in.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:29 pm

For Austrlian Sofitel hotel, accounrding to T&C, if the existing lounge in Australia is unavailable or closed, the member will be offered free full buffet breakfast (member and 1 guest in same room) and 1,000 Le Club AccorHotels Courtesy Points.

https://www.accorhotels.com/hotel-cm...-cgv-45931.htm
Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:16 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
For which property? Is it on this list: https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/u...ndex.en.shtml? If so, then I would show the hotel this list and ask why they aren't following Accor's published benefits.
Exactly. If a hotel is not offering lounge access, I ask nicely for it. Never have been refused...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.