Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Bangkok hotel advice thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Mercure Suk 11

Originally Posted by lingua101
I think I saw quite low rate for Mercure Suk 11 on the first weekend in 2019. THB 4080++ ro or THB 4320++ with breakfast for Deluxe room.

Quite tempted with the fare as Marriott properties around the area is asking above THB 2800

Is the breakfast worth that extra THB240? I guess should be right?
For Accor PLus members, rate is usually around THB 2k to 2,300 ++. For sale it's normally THB 1,800++ range. Real good deal and value especially if you are Accor Plus Plat. Upgraded Room is nice with 2 TVs, bathroom with bathtub and shower. Club lounge is not crowded and has good service. Stayed more than 20 times already.

Half the price of Sofitel but much better value. Only downside is poor breakfast at the restaurant which does not belong to the hotel. I prefer to have Breakfast at the Club Lounge. You can order make to order noodles, porridge etc from the menu in the Club Lounge for breakfast.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
For Accor PLus members, rate is usually around THB 2k to 2,300 ++. For sale it's normally THB 1,800++ range. Real good deal and value especially if you are Accor Plus Plat. Upgraded Room is nice with 2 TVs, bathroom with bathtub and shower. Club lounge is not crowded and has good service. Stayed more than 20 times already.

Half the price of Sofitel but much better value. Only downside is poor breakfast at the restaurant which does not belong to the hotel. I prefer to have Breakfast at the Club Lounge. You can order make to order noodles, porridge etc from the menu in the Club Lounge for breakfast.
I am no longer Accour Plus. Just normal Gold....

From your comment and BinSabai comment, it seem the price not really "cheap". Now I am making a second though.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by BinSabai
that's actually a high rate for a Mercure in Bangkok. This rate should bring you into a Novotel. I just stayed there for 2620++ to 2700++
However as you should get an upgrade, room is quite nice and large for a Mercure, even with a coffee machine with capsules
Which Novotel you are referring to? Ig the price is at 2620-2700++ then I may as well go for Aloft/Fourpoints at THB2800++ or even Westin at THB3500++
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
Which Novotel you are referring to? Ig the price is at 2620-2700++ then I may as well go for Aloft/Fourpoints at THB2800++ or even Westin at THB3500++
there are several Novotels nearby, a brandnew in Sukhumvit Soi 4 (incl. a Ibis Style), Ploenchit (Advantage: just in front of BTS Station), Soi 20

the price of 2620-2700 was at very short notice, just 2 days before the date
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:54 am

Hotels in Bangkok

Hi

planning a trip to Bangkok for 3 nights in July 2019 with my family kids ages are 6 and 4, looking for a cheap hotel in Bangkok as mostly will be out for the he day and spend little time in hotel. Only need it to have a good location and access to MRT. I had a look at the. Ibis Styles Bangkok Ratchada any suggestions?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:43 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
I stayed at the new Ibis Styles Sukhumvit 4. It just opened a few months ago. It has a roof top pool and bar. nice rooms. The buffet breakfast is excellent. Huge choice of food. A complimentary shuttle is offered to Nana BTS station. You can walk there in about 10 minutes. This one is so nice, I am going back there for 12 days next year.

I also stayed at the Ibis Styles Bangkok Sukhumvit Phra Khanong Hotel which is now about one year old. I found this to be very nice also. The buffet breakfast is very nice, there is an outdoor sitting area if you prefer to eat out there, also a bar and pool. Rooms are very nice. A short walk to the BTS Skytrain Station. This one tends to be slightly less expensive than the one above.

I can recommend either one of these to you. You can't go wrong at either hotel. Hopes this helps you.
Kobetraveller and Dav77 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by lfc1996
with my family kids ages are 6 and 4
Originally Posted by sfo
I stayed at the new Ibis Styles Sukhumvit 4. .
It’s absolutely your call, but FYI Sukhumvit soi 4 is a pretty upfront adult entertainment zone.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:04 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
You don't have to walk along soi 4 to get to the BTS Nana station, in fact you can ride to and from the station in the complimentary shuttle or you can walk there very easily avoiding soi4 altogether. When you leave the hotel turn to your left and walk on the street that is along side the hotel, you will be walking away from soi 4. Turn left at the next street and it will take you directly to the BTS station.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I would not stay in Sukhumvit with my young family as well. Just last month, my wife and I (kid stayed at home) had a short break and stayed at Sofitel Sukhumvit (that's straddling soi 13-15), came back to hotel at 11pm and there was a whole row of ladies of the evening parading in front of the hotel (was a weekend), apparently moving camp from Westin Grande next door. And business was brisk.

How about the Ibis Bangkok Siam next to MBK mall (Pathumwan)?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

If I have kids, I'll skip the Sofitel altogether. I'd prefer a wuirter area like Hotel Muse or Vie Hotel
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:45 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
For a first timer the Ploenchit lounge is actually very nice. Outdoor sitting area with view of Sukhumvit.
We're just back from our stay and were happy with the Novotel Ploenchit. I'll write a brief review in the hotel-specific thread -- this is just to 'report back' and thank everyone again for the helpful advice in this thread.

The lounge was indeed pleasant and the staff were excellent. The lounge breakfast was also surprisingly good IMO. One of the nicest Novotels we've stayed in.
gilbertaue likes this.

Last edited by IMH; Jan 5, 2019 at 7:54 am
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by IMH
We're just back from our stay and were happy with the Novotel Ploenchit. I'll write a brief review in the hotel-specific thread -- this is just to 'report back' and thank everyone again for the helpful advice in this thread.

The lounge was indeed pleasant and the staff were excellent. The lounge breakfast was also surprisingly good IMO. One of the nicest Novotels we've stayed in.
I must slightly disagree. Yes the lounge has a nice outdoor sitting area and the location is excellent. However the evening Happy Hour offerings were modest, in my opinion.

(A minor point, solely of interest to N.American travelers. The rooms at the Novotel Ploenchit do not have 110 V outlets. A minor point.)
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:45 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Yes the lounge has a nice outdoor sitting area and the location is excellent. However the evening Happy Hour offerings were modest, in my opinion.
That's useful additional information. The lounge was great for our purposes: a quieter and more pleasant environment for breakfast than the hotel restaurant and somewhere to use laptops for an hour or two and/or enjoy a coffee during the afternoons. (This was a leisure trip in a new city, so our evenings didn't involve the hotel lounge.)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I must slightly disagree. Yes the lounge has a nice outdoor sitting area and the location is excellent. However the evening Happy Hour offerings were modest, in my opinion.
it always depends with what you compare and what you expect. Not too bad IMHO, just the wines are a bit on the cheap side...
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Which Accor hotel in Bangkok is the best for young children around the age 4yrs old?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.