Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Bangkok hotel advice thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
Anyone know about ibis style/Novotel Sukhumvit 4? Looks at location, it seems a rebranding hotel?
it's a new Novotel; the Ibis is further down the Soi
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by BinSabai
it's a new Novotel; the Ibis is further down the Soi
So it is further than the older ibis from main road? The map suggest it is nearer to main road. I am guessing the ibis style and Novotel are next to each other and belong to the same owner?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:12 am

So it is further than the older ibis from main road? The map suggest it is nearer to main road. I am guessing the ibis style and Novotel are next to each other and belong to the same owner?
i said that the Ibis is further down the Soi which means more far away from the main road; they are close to each other but not next
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:23 am

There is indeed a long-established Ibis which is further down the road. The new building incorporates both a new Novotel and a new Ibis Styles. It is closer to Sukhumvit, at the point where the L-shaped soi 6 meets soi 4.

Last edited by Philodemus; Sep 4, 2018 at 4:24 am Reason: Correct typo
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Which Accor hotels have pools larger than 20 m and sun most of the day around the pool area?

See most hotels states max 2 adults and one child pr room. Any experience if they let two adult and two kids younger than 8 years old in the same room with existing bedding?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Chriscross
Which Accor hotels have pools larger than 20 m and sun most of the day around the pool area?

Pool:
Novotel Ploenchit: no
Novotel Impact: no
Mercure Suk Soi 11: yes
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:51 pm

staying for a night and choosing where to stay at a basic room in sofitel suk or club room (if there is one) at pullman grande suk?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by orson_y
staying for a night and choosing where to stay at a basic room in sofitel suk or club room (if there is one) at pullman grande suk?
they call it Executive room
well, at Pullman you would get lounge access, at Sofitel only if you are Platinum member
Pullman is also slightly closer to skytrain and underground
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by Chriscross

See most hotels states max 2 adults and one child pr room. Any experience if they let two adult and two kids younger than 8 years old in the same room with existing bedding?
Pullman King Power could work well for you when it comes to the pool. In regards of the room, none of them publicly accepts 2 kids free of charge but since they are quite large it shouldn't be a challenge. You should email the hotel reservation department and enquirer directly with them ( [email protected] ). In addition they have a complimentary Tuk Tuk to the BTS that the kids love ;-)

Last edited by martin_paris; Oct 15, 2018 at 1:12 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:02 am

they call it Executive room
well, at Pullman you would get lounge access, at Sofitel only if you are Platinum member
Pullman is also slightly closer to skytrain and underground
it seems it's only a 500thb difference between the 2 hotels. i've been to sofitel mellisime lounge before. they serve quality stuff in there. truth be told i prefer the heftier appetizers of the pullman G, rather than the dainty finger foods of the sofitel so. will it be the same experience with the lounge of their counterparts in suk?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
I like a sit by the pool. Best pool for view has to be So Sofitel, which is also quite big. The Vie is pretty cool for sun, but smaller. Best for laps and sun is probably Ibis Riverside, but it’s a little out of the way if you didn’t want to be in that part of town. I just stayed at the new Novotel/Styles property and that has a very nice pool area on the roof.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by paulkevin
I like a sit by the pool. Best pool for view has to be So Sofitel, which is also quite big. The Vie is pretty cool for sun, but smaller. Best for laps and sun is probably Ibis Riverside, but it’s a little out of the way if you didn’t want to be in that part of town. I just stayed at the new Novotel/Styles property and that has a very nice pool area on the roof.
what do you mean with Novotel Styles? which Novotel property as there are so many in town...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
what do you mean with Novotel Styles? which Novotel property as there are so many in town...
Sorry if not clear.
Didn’t you already reference it above? There is a new combined Novotel/Ibis Styles property on the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 4 and 6. The Novotel is officially Novotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 4. It is the only combined Novotel/Styles property in Bangkok. I put some other comments in the ‘club experiences’ thread.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I think I saw quite low rate for Mercure Suk 11 on the first weekend in 2019. THB 4080++ ro or THB 4320++ with breakfast for Deluxe room.

Quite tempted with the fare as Marriott properties around the area is asking above THB 2800

Is the breakfast worth that extra THB240? I guess should be right?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:34 pm

I think I saw quite low rate for Mercure Suk 11 on the first weekend in 2019. THB 4080++ ro or THB 4320++ with breakfast for Deluxe room.

Quite tempted with the fare as Marriott properties around the area is asking above THB 2800

Is the breakfast worth that extra THB240? I guess should be right?
that's actually a high rate for a Mercure in Bangkok. This rate should bring you into a Novotel. I just stayed there for 2620++ to 2700++
However as you should get an upgrade, room is quite nice and large for a Mercure, even with a coffee machine with capsules

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.