Help: Le Club Accor problems

Old Nov 14, 17, 2:38 am

Help: Le Club Accor problems

Two months ago now I reported to Le Club Accor that I could no longer access my account or points. It turns out that they have somehow merged my account with a namesake and he now has my account and points and not me. Since then I have been trying to get my account back, an explanation of how this happened and assurances that my data has not been compromised. My complaints and escalations have been ignored and I am still no closer to resolution.

They seem to have no regard to my customer loyalty or my data privacy.

Any tips on how I can actually get them to address my complaint?

Also be warned if you have a Le Club Accor account as this could happen to you too and they don't seem to care.
Old Nov 14, 17, 4:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Platinium, HHonor Gold
CS simply do not care, I have one experience with them and this is not resolved either, as they are simply ignorant or do not answer.
Do not have any hope of having this resolved efficiently anymore. Considering your case is worse than mine, I suggest you simply put a complain to the relevant data protection regulator for your country and move your business elsewhere.
Old Nov 14, 17, 4:23 am

Thanks. Raising with the Information Commissioners Office here in the UK is indeed my next step. Really extraordinary that I have to resort to this and I only hope that the regulator causes them to address the issue.
Old Nov 14, 17, 7:28 pm

Disclaimer : I work for Accor and the below statement reflects my personal opinion and not the one from my employer.

Dear bm109,

If you have any concern about data privacy I would recommend you get in touch with the Data Privacy department directly.

https://www.accorhotels.com/security...index.en.shtml

13. ACCESS AND MODIFICATION

You have the right to access your personal data collected by Accor S.A. and to modify it subject to applicable legal provisions.

You may also exercise your right to object by writing to the address below.

In the event of difficulty exercising your rights, please contact the Data Privacy department for the AccorHotels Group directly by sending an email to data.privacy@AccorHotels.com or by writing to the address below:

Accor
Département Protection des Données Personnelles
(Data Privacy)
82, rue Henri Farman
92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux, France

For the purposes of confidentiality and personal data protection, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. You will be asked to include a copy of an official piece of identification, such as a driver's license or passport, along with your request.

If your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please send the appropriate amendments to the Data Privacy department as indicated above.

All requests will receive a response as swiftly as possible and in accordance with applicable law.

You may also exercise your rights in respect of your personal data that is stored and processed by a hotel following a stay. To do this, you must contact the hotel directly.
Old Nov 20, 17, 4:34 am

Thanks Martin. I in fact copied the Data Privacy Department directly with my initial complaint. They have not replied. Apart from losing my points and access to my account, my biggest concern is that Accor apparently somehow gave access to my account and presumably all my personal details to someone else. I first raised this with them on 15 September and it has still not been resolved. I think I will be complaining to the ICO in desperation now.
Old Today, 4:11 am

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Waiting on my status confirmation

I just ticked over the 14k points threshold but with only 56 nights in the bag, and only 3 paid and one stayplus nights left until 31DEC2017 the app is only showing a validity until 31DEC2017.

I am hoping this will refresh overnight however has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Search this Thread