Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Confused about Bayan tree and Angsana in 2018

Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:53 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum

I received this email from Accor...
Exclusive member benefits and 25% off!

Discover stunning Banyan Tree and Angsana hotels and resorts

Dear t... d.....,

In 2018, Le Club AccorHotels will warmly welcome these luxurious brands to the programme. In the meantime? You can take a sneak peek at some exclusive offers in indulgent locations.

Shanghai, Bali, Mauritius, Seychelles... As a member, you'll benefit from exclusive prices and exceptional benefits in dream destinations.

New experiences await you,
Your Le Club AccorHotels team

Okay the way that sounds like it will be joining the club program or just the Accor group like Fairmont is currently?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
I believe it says quite explicitly that they are joining the programme. This should pose less operational problems than FRHI, as I understand Banyan Tree does not have a proprietary loyalty programme.

In 1H 2017, I've heard from Accor's management that FRHI hotels will join as well starting 2018.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
I received the same E-mail, and at the bottom, it states the following. By using the words "not yet participating" implies at some point, they will be participating.

Banyan Tree and Angsana are not yet participating in the Le Club AccorHotels program. Therefore, regardless your status, yyou [sic] will not benefit from your Le Club AccorHotels exclusive member benefits with this offer, such as earning and using Rewards points, upgrades, welcome amenities, guaranteed room availability etc. To take advantage of this special offer, Le Club AccorHotels loyalty program members must book their stays exclusively through this offer on AccorHotels.com.

Last edited by FlytheTail; Nov 8, 2017 at 8:12 pm
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Does the page the email links to do anything useful.

For me I get a heading about a 25% discount, and little spinning thing on the page. Whichever browser I use!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:39 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Yes its pretty buggy. I am deciding whether to stay at a Sofitel which is in comparison far cheaper or a Bayan tree so well if benefits are included and points can be earned then i might change to try them out.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:44 am
MPC

Programs: CX DM, SPG PLT, Accor PLT, IHG PLT AMB, Hyatt DM, HH DM
Accor will manage the daily operation of banyan tree

https://skift.com/2017/03/20/accor-a...icky-maneuver/

Accor will manage the daily operation of banyan tree and select GM for the banyan tree chain Hotel according to this article
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:46 am

Bug on page

Originally Posted by perthite
Does the page the email links to do anything useful.

For me I get a heading about a 25% discount, and little spinning thing on the page. Whichever browser I use!

Hello, I am working with Accor IT team, could you copy me back your setup from here:

whatsmybrowser.org (sorry I cannot post a link until I have enough posts on the forum)

(just link copy) and send it back to me? This way I can have a look?

thank you for your help,
JB
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbkkk
Hello, I am working with Accor IT team, could you copy me back your setup from here:

whatsmybrowser.org (sorry I cannot post a link until I have enough posts on the forum)

(just link copy) and send it back to me? This way I can have a look?

thank you for your help,
JB
It seems to be fixed now, so not sure you can see much now!

Cheers
Old Nov 11, 2017, 12:01 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I rang up Banyan Chongqing Bei Bei hot spring resort. And asked them whats happening In 2018. Now Sofitel Chongqing ends from the 1st of January 2018 I really wanted to find out if Banyan was going to earn status points. According to their reservations they will be allowing status points to earn from the 1st of July 2018. I asked Banyan if anything can be worked out... As its going to cost about 1500USD for 2 rooms for 2 nights and I really want that to count for renewal qualification. Otherwise I will think I will save the money this time round.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tris06
I rang up Banyan Chongqing Bei Bei hot spring resort. And asked them whats happening In 2018. Now Sofitel Chongqing ends from the 1st of January 2018 I really wanted to find out if Banyan was going to earn status points. According to their reservations they will be allowing status points to earn from the 1st of July 2018. I asked Banyan if anything can be worked out... As its going to cost about 1500USD for 2 rooms for 2 nights and I really want that to count for renewal qualification. Otherwise I will think I will save the money this time round.
I doubt they will be allowed (or even able technically) to give you LCAH points more than 6 months before their deadline.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I doubt they will be allowed (or even able technically) to give you LCAH points more than 6 months before their deadline.
Yeah I thought so too but anyway seems amazing that while Sofitel Chongqing is poorly positioned they don't seem to have anything else in the pipeline to replace it. I have to admit though their basic rates of 400-500 rmb per night is extremely low priced so maybe they couldn't make any money from this property?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:33 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Also once they join the program they (Banyan) will not be offering room upgrades upon check in.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
I was searching for hotels on the Accor website and found Banyan Tree Bangkok with rates listed (rates weren't listed earlier). Under the "special terms" is the following:
In addition, Le Club members will also receive: Free Internet Connection, Late Check-out on request (from Silver members and upwards), Early Check-in on request (from Gold members upwards) " "Welcome Drink (from Silver members upwards), Access to Executive Lounge (only for Platinum members and applicable to Banyan Tree Bangkok only) Requires prepaid and it is non-refundable. See other terms and conditions
The rates of US$170-185/night for an Oasis Retreat King and US$222-238/night for a one-bedroom suite seem reasonable, although I've never stayed at this property before.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:59 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello to all,

Thank you all for your remarks and comments.
I would like to clarify a few points about the Banyan Tree / Angsana offer :

These hotels belong to the AccorHotels Group, but unfortunately are not part of the LeClub program. Therefore, stays booked in these hotels will not allow you to earn, nor use your reward and status points.

The benefits of this offer specific to Banyan Tree / Angsana are an exclusive discount and additional benefits offered for stays booked through this promotion.

I hope it helped clarify the situation.
Do not hesitate if you have any further questions.

Best,

Amy
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Are there any further updates on when Banyan Tree will join LCAH?
Saw message like it would be in July at the same time as Fairmont Group... I just wonder if I book now for a stay in August I will get status points credited in case they join by July. Also does it need to be booked with accorhotels.com or is it via Banyan Tree directly also possible?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.