Search

ibis Styles Frankfurt City

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
ibis Styles Frankfurt City

I never thought I'd stay at an ibis property, but for various reasons I ended up spending a few nights at the ibis Styles Frankfurt City and was actually reasonably impressed:

room:

- nothing fancy, but modern, clean, "Scandivanian / ikea style", comfortable bed - actually nicer than many 3* hotels
- no minibar or fridge unfortunately
- modern bathroom with hot shower and excellent water pressure (which even many upscale hotels fail to provide)

service:

service wasn't overly polished, but everyone I interacted with throughout the stay was very friendly

status benefits:

- upgrade to a larger room was provided (there aren't many room categories, but based on the floorplans there definitely are more spacious rooms and less spacious rooms)
- welcome drink voucher was provided which can be redeemed at the downstairs "bar" which essentially is an extension of the front desk

breakfast:

Breakfast is included for all guests and may be the aspect that impressed me the most during my stay. The breakfast room isn't huge, but the buffet breakfast actually was excellent for a mid-tier hotel:

- wide selection of bread, rolls, pastries, muffins etc.
- decent selection of cheese and cold cuts (albeit "paackaged supermarket quality")
- various vegetables, fruit, yoghurts, cornflakes, muesli etc.
- scrambled eggs, sausages, meatballs and a different vegan option each day (baked beans, grilled vegetables etc.) - prepared freshly and using "real" ingredients (unlike the nasty stuff you tend to find at many North American hotels)
- selection of teas, water, apple and orange juice, and a different type of (fresh) smoothie each day
- a modern espresso/cappuccino machine that made excellent coffees

The hotel is located a ~3-5min walk from the main train station (Frankfurt Hbf) which is both a pro and a con.

Excellent location for getting around, but the location also comes with the usual issues of being close to a train station (especially at night).

------

At the right price, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again. And when looking for a centrally located, mid-tier hotel in Frankfurt, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel!
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I never thought I'd stay at an ibis property, but for various reasons I ended up spending a few nights at the ibis Styles Frankfurt City and was actually reasonably impressed
Ibis Style are usually nice and of excellent quality/price ratio. At the opposite, I truly dislike the Ibis (red) which are very depressing to me.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
There's nothing worse than ibis Budget, which I truly hate.
I will try this ibis Styles in Frankfurt sometime. Another good one is in Wroclaw, Poland. The one at Bordeaux airport, on the other hand, should be given a miss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.