Wiki Posts
Search

Charged For A Resevation A Month Ago

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
Charged For A Resevation A Month Ago

so I booked a stay at an Ibis Budget in Brisbane over a month ago and paid over the phone with Accor reservations receiving a confirmation email that i has paid in full with nothing due upon arrival

we checked in quite late and upon checkout I was told I had to pay, I provided the manager my confirmation email stating overwise and his response was 'well I haven't been paid' to which I replied 'take it up with Accor'. I was told he would but I could possibly still be charged.

about a week later and still no resolution so I called Accor and was told that it's down to the hotel to resolve and to check whether my account had been initially charged...turns out I hadn't

three more weeks and nothing from the hotel until this afternoon when I received a phone call stating they were going to charge my card.

can the property charge me four weeks after the stay in Australian law? I have to say I haven't dealt with a situation like this with Hilton properties before
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: ALL Accor Platinum
I agree that it is a bit of a mess that they didn't charge you when they should have and kind be annoying if you'd budgeted that the funds had already been taken. But I'm not sure what your point is, are you trying to find a reason not to pay. You did use the service after all.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
But there’s something unclear in OP’s story : were you really charged or not at the time of booking ?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold
A similar situation happened to me in August.

I made an early reservation (prepayment without possibility of cancellation) but when I arrived at the hotel in August the first thing they told me was that they had not been able to charge me, from my card, my reservation. It was a strange situation and they did not even give me time to confirm whether or not they had charged the reservation previously. Later I realized that I had not been charged in May so, everything was fine.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
But there’s something unclear in OP’s story : were you really charged or not at the time of booking ?
I had not been charged at time of booking, I had however received a confirmation email that I had been though

my issue isn't paying for my room, I am interested in how long after providing the service I can be charged given I have confirmation of nothing to pay
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:35 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by garethlewis
my issue isn't paying for my room, I am interested in how long after providing the service I can be charged given I have confirmation of nothing to pay
There is no limit to how long after the stay you can be charged, with the exception of statute barring of six years.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Le Club AccorHotels
I had this problem a few times & once met a Manager who explained me that...
1. Some hotels actually have full online payment, some do not.
2. The confirmations are the same because generated by website according to conditions of rate.
3. Hotels who don't have online payment rely on manpower to process.
4. Human can/do make errors & sometime payments are missed/delayed.

I was mostly worried to be double charged but Manager offered his Business card & to contact if indeed I was double charged. Which I was not.

I was happy with the honest, direct yet "acceptable" answer.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
There is no limit to how long after the stay you can be charged, with the exception of statute barring of six years.
ok thank you

Originally Posted by Matewx
I had this problem a few times & once met a Manager who explained me that...
1. Some hotels actually have full online payment, some do not.
2. The confirmations are the same because generated by website according to conditions of rate.
3. Hotels who don't have online payment rely on manpower to process.
4. Human can/do make errors & sometime payments are missed/delayed.

I was mostly worried to be double charged but Manager offered his Business card & to contact if indeed I was double charged. Which I was not.

I was happy with the honest, direct yet "acceptable" answer.
my experience was that he made me out to be lying and accused me of being stupid...that's why I requested he take it up with Accor reservations for payment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.