Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

MGallery Hotel Rotary Geneva: not impressed

Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist

I had a stay at the MGallery Hotel Rotary Geneva this past weekend and was not impressed.

- I had reserved a Classic room with 2 beds. The hotel refused to honor the A-Club Platinum upgrade, claiming that they did not have to upgrade me because the next highest category did not offer rooms with 2 beds (they would have had to upgrade 2 categories). The hotel appeared to be pretty empty and all room categories were available online, so this seemed like a pretty poor excuse.

- I reserved a second room with 1 bed. This room had smelled really bad; the smell dissipated after leaving the window open for an hour, but the room should not have been provided in this condition. They also refused to upgrade this room, though I was not staying in it so it may have technically not been required (not sure of the T&C).

- The rooms themselves were OK, but somewhat old and run down. The same applied to the common areas. They were supposed to have the same "My Bed" as Sofitel, but the quality of the linens and the mattress were not the same as the Sofitels I've stayed in recently (both London properties).

- I tried to change 20 euros to Swiss francs at the front desk on a Sunday morning. They told me they don't provide this service and that all the banks were closed, so I was out of luck. This seemed odd and not particularly accommodating relative to my experience at other European hotels.

Overall I would not return to this property.

Last edited by MikeBOS; Jan 24, 2011 at 11:30 am
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:32 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
This hotel can be a bit hit or miss, when available I tend to get an upgrade but I agree the classic rooms could to with a refurb. Service unfortunately depends on who you deal with at reception. I would make sure to tell them via the comment function on the A-Club website what you think.

It is definitely not one of the best out there, shame that a city like Geneva does not have a Sofitel.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Hey there, are there any recent experiences with this property? Might need to spend a night there soon (with +1, so not on business), any experiences or tips are appreciated!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by zehbra
Hey there, are there any recent experiences with this property? Might need to spend a night there soon (with +1, so not on business), any experiences or tips are appreciated!
If you stay for a romantic gateway, you might stay at another property.

Rotary is central but charmless. Remember that hotel will be under renovation during spring 2015.

If you want to stay at a charming boutique hotel, you might prefer La Cour des Augustins or Eastwest Geneva.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Rotary is central but charmless. Remember that hotel will be under renovation during spring 2015.

If you want to stay at a charming boutique hotel, you might prefer La Cour des Augustins or Eastwest Geneva.
Thanks a lot! It does sound rather charming from their website, but in that case I'll be looking into more suitable properties Thanks for your tips as well, will have a look at them!
Old May 24, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Has anyone stayed here since the renovation? Has it been upgraded to a solid luxury boutique hotel or is it still so-so?

On the days I'm looking at, it's a solid $120 less per night for a signature room than the Les Armures, and $250-350 less per night than the Mandarin/Four seasons, which seems oddly low to me for the segment it's supposed to be competing in.

I know that they were trying to elevate the Mgallery hotels into the luxury segment, but have they been successful?

Thanks in advance for the opinions!

Last edited by blahmeh14; May 24, 2016 at 2:07 pm
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:10 am
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 24, 2018 at 1:39 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
I was there End of August 2017.
It was fantastic in terms of Rooms and Service.

Breakfast is rather Swiss and Continental. Warm Items you have to order from the waiter - can take some time

All in all would say in terms of MGallery Standards it is a 8.5 out of 10
uggboy likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:03 am
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kiez

Breakfast is rather Swiss and Continental. Warm Items you have to order from the waiter - can take some time

Great thanks ^
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kiez

Good to see that my question was finally answered, albeit a year later . I didn't end up staying here last summer, but nice to know it's an option going forward next time the big names are sold out. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.