Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:50 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller

Actually I don’t know exactly which Accor office he called. This is just what he told me. From what he said it seems that the movement is towards normal APAC Platinum breakfast benefit, not away from it. I should have asked why this issue did not arise in Raffles Siem Reap last year but did not think to do so. I must stress that this gentleman was extremely accommodating, and offered me the breakfast immediately, and then called the office to double check the rule. That’s all I know. It is a bit of a mystery but no harm done, and a very nice Suite with early check in etc.

It really would be a pity if the movement is in the opposite direction but this is not the impression I received. Hopefully someone else will stay there soon and report back on any developments.
Here you go. They are not excluded.
I have shot this up to the Authorities

Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Here you go. They are not excluded.
I have shot this up to the Authorities
Wow !

Thank you for checking that. Mystery solved. Hopefully all will be clear at this hotel when the next Platinum guest checks in.
gilbertaue and tris06 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:17 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller

Wow !

Thank you for checking that. Mystery solved. Hopefully all will be clear at this hotel when the next Platinum guest checks in.
It will. The regional team has been notified.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
fairmont beijing

Fairmont beijing, stayed Gold room as accor platinum,

not getting any welcome amenity the first day, so i reminded the lounge staff the next morning.
This was the welcome amenity i received, cookies and pecan nuts.

fairmont fairmont fairmont...
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:54 am

Deleted question: misread previous post ... question unnecessary

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Mar 11, 2019 at 7:05 am Reason: Misread previous post
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: VA Gold, IML Gold (*G), Accor Gold
New York Novotel Times Square

VIP benefits: upgraded to best room within category, room includes additional amenities such as robe and slippers, bottled water, coffee machine and macarons. Received welcome drinks and free wifi code at check in.

Additional care: Welcome amenities of water and sweets not in room at check in but did materialise while we were out for dinner.

Restaurant is fine for dinner but breakfast is not particularly memorable. Breakfast staff don’t really want to serve you and then try to solicit tips even though breakfast was fully paid (incl tax and gratuity) in room rate.

Last edited by cdp88; Mar 11, 2019 at 7:06 am Reason: Add picture
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
Fairmont beijing, stayed Gold room as accor platinum,

not getting any welcome amenity the first day, so i reminded the lounge staff the next morning.
This was the welcome amenity i received, cookies and pecan nuts.

fairmont fairmont fairmont...
have you been upgraded at Gold room thanks to accor plat membership ?

Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by cdp88

VIP benefits: upgraded to best room within category, room includes additional amenities such as robe and slippers, bottled water, coffee machine and macarons. Received welcome drinks and free wifi code at check in.

Additional care: Welcome amenities of water and sweets not in room at check in but did materialise while we were out for dinner.

Restaurant is fine for dinner but breakfast is not particularly memorable. Breakfast staff don’t really want to serve you and then try to solicit tips even though breakfast was fully paid (incl tax and gratuity) in room rate.
mmmmm.... I have already reduced my next stay in August here from 5 to 3 nights because my personal punishment against accor 😃

maybe have i to reduce again and stay only at Marriott ?

When i read “upgrade to the best room within category” ...my legs tremble ...

what room have you booked ? Standard or luxury one ?

Have you been at another property also in NYC on your stay ?

Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Dav77

mmmmm.... I have already reduced my next stay in August here from 5 to 3 nights because my personal punishment against accor 😃

maybe have i to reduce again and stay only at Marriott ?

When i read “upgrade to the best room within category” ...my legs tremble ...

what room have you booked ? Standard or luxury one ?

Have you been at another property also in NYC on your stay ?

Thanks.
Just a one night stay to see a broadway show so I only booked lowest category of room. I somehow thought I might get upgraded but the welcome letter disabused me of that notion. I don’t think they have suites so all rooms bookable online appear the same except for view, level in building and number of beds. I didn’t push for upgrade but was granted the 3pm checkout so appreciated that. I must say a standard room without the Gold amenities would be pretty disappointing because you couldn’t make your own tea/coffee although there is free tea/coffee in lobby.

I haven’t stayed anywhere else in NYC. If the price was right I might stay here again. Hotel was recently renovated so all looks fresh and clean. I got this room and breakfast for 2 for $USD237 including taxes (of which there are so many!). For me this was ok once you factor in the value of free drinks (about $USD30 for 2 glasses of wine) and bottled water ($4). I would not be paying the crazy prices i’ve seen at other times of $USD 400 or more as I think you can do better elsewhere.

My Accor status isn’t particularly useful in USA as there aren’t many places to stay. It works out much better for me at home in Australia and on trips to New Zealand.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:15 pm

Just a one night stay to see a broadway show so I only booked lowest category of room. I somehow thought I might get upgraded but the welcome letter disabused me of that notion. I don’t think they have suites so all rooms bookable online appear the same except for view, level in building and number of beds. I didn’t push for upgrade but was granted the 3pm checkout so appreciated that. I must say a standard room without the Gold amenities would be pretty disappointing because you couldn’t make your own tea/coffee although there is free tea/coffee in lobby.

I haven’t stayed anywhere else in NYC. If the price was right I might stay here again. Hotel was recently renovated so all looks fresh and clean. I got this room and breakfast for 2 for $USD237 including taxes (of which there are so many!). For me this was ok once you factor in the value of free drinks (about $USD30 for 2 glasses of wine) and bottled water ($4). I would not be paying the crazy prices i’ve seen at other times of $USD 400 or more as I think you can do better elsewhere.

My Accor status isn’t particularly useful in USA as there aren’t many places to stay. It works out much better for me at home in Australia and on trips to New Zealand.
i can see there are several room type

-classic and Superior (probably only on different floors - low / high)

-luxury (bigger than classic and superior)

-Suite 60sqm

-Suite 60 sqm with terrace

-Suite 112sqm

that is showed on App at this property.

I hope it’s true.

and seems they do have a lot of possibilities to upgrade, if they want ...
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:50 pm

i can see there are several room type

-classic and Superior (probably only on different floors - low / high)

-luxury (bigger than classic and superior)

-Suite 60sqm

-Suite 60 sqm with terrace

-Suite 112sqm

that is showed on App at this property.

I hope it’s true.

and seems they do have a lot of possibilities to upgrade, if they want ...
HI Dav77, i think you might be referring to the Sofitel. My post is about the Novotel. You are correct that Sofitel has more scope for upgrade as they have various room types.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:00 pm

HI Dav77, i think you might be referring to the Sofitel. My post is about the Novotel. You are correct that Sofitel has more scope for upgrade as they have various room types.
ops...sorry 😃 you are right .... I was talking about Sofitel

i’m getting old ...
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA

have you been upgraded at Gold room thanks to accor plat membership ?

i booked gold room (45 sqm), then they upgraded me to gold junior suite 63sqm because of platinum
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: AC SE
Pullman Auckland
Platinum status
Happy with what was provided.

Pullman Auckland Platinum Welcome Amenity
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Novotel, Massy, France
Gold
Drink voucher
Nothing else

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.