Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:14 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:20 am

Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:24 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
So/Sofitel Hua Hin

sfo, gilbertaue, Goldorak and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler

New day, new amenity. This time dark chocolate butterflies and another fruit platter. Unfortunately, the marmalades that I received yesterday were taken away. I only tried a few of them and saved the rest for today. And now they are gone. They were delicious.

sfo and derfliegel like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:36 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Grand Mercure Jinan Sunshine as Platinum (same style fruit platter as last time I stayed), with a handwritten note from the GM.

Apologies for the lighting; I got in after dark, the lighting in the room is quite dark and my phone's battery was too low to use flash.

Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:26 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Grand Mercure Xi'an Renmin Square as platinum

sfo, jiunsoh, kaizen7 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:05 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Angsana Xi'an Lintong

EDIT: as part of evening turn down service a plate of pears were delivered.

Last edited by Maelstrom; Jan 6, 2019 at 2:54 am
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:47 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Sofitel Legend People's Grand Hotel Xi'an as platinum (anniversary celebration)

Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
I agree with 2 of the 3 conditions. 2nd condition is a very bad idea. It reminds me of Hong Kong Pullman policy. When you either paid for the lounge with the room you booked or you earnt it by getting plat membership (sometimes both in my case apply at 1 stay) I will be very angry to not be given access at any time of the day. Gold members is okay because they recieved this as a bonus above the usual Accor benefits. Also it is easy to correct what you are wearing. But you can't throw children away or leave them in the room. At the end of the day if the lounge is too busy they should reduce the number of club rooms as they underestimated how often people would use the lounge.
as tris06 will know from my stay last January at Pullman Hong Kong, I will never stay in an Accor hotel that excludes children from the lounge. This does not make me “Feel welcome”, and my children are often better behaved than some adults in a lounge.

Accor need to think carefully if they are to exclude families from their hotels.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I guess the main issue is not every child is well behaved.
As kicking a family with noisy kids sure create more arguments and issue, then the hotel might be better off to create blanket ban instead.

And also, people with kids usually have more tolerance to the kids noise. And unfortunately not everyone like this.
Furthermore, kids in Asian countries (except Japan) somehow are quite noisy. screaming their lungs out and the parents just ignore them.

Not every hotel have the space to have children corner in their lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Both the welcome amenities and the pictures of them look fantastic.

If only two guests per room are allowed at one time in the lounge unless the guest pays extra, it would alleviate some of the problems with unruly children and adults.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:56 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I guess the main issue is not every child is well behaved.
As kicking a family with noisy kids sure create more arguments and issue, then the hotel might be better off to create blanket ban instead.

And also, people with kids usually have more tolerance to the kids noise. And unfortunately not everyone like this.
Furthermore, kids in Asian countries (except Japan) somehow are quite noisy. screaming their lungs out and the parents just ignore them.

Not every hotel have the space to have children corner in their lounge.
I’m sorry Kaizen7, but I cannot remember a time that I’ve been in a lounge and there is a screaming child.

Your argument that “not every child is well behaved” is just ridiculous - so because one child is not well behaved, let’s ban all of them. Well, let’s ban all the business men in blue suits because they can make loud noises and misbehave in the lounge once they’ve had 5 beers as well!!!

its like all the people who think children should be banned from premium cabins on planes.

Children can misbehave, and children can be naughty. So can adults. So can teenagers. So can grumpy old men in their 80’s. so why discriminate.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by PabloM

I’m sorry Kaizen7, but I cannot remember a time that I’ve been in a lounge and there is a screaming child.

Your argument that “not every child is well behaved” is just ridiculous - so because one child is not well behaved, let’s ban all of them. Well, let’s ban all the business men in blue suits because they can make loud noises and misbehave in the lounge once they’ve had 5 beers as well!!!

its like all the people who think children should be banned from premium cabins on planes.

Children can misbehave, and children can be naughty. So can adults. So can teenagers. So can grumpy old men in their 80’s. so why discriminate.

So all childrens are well behaved ?

Anyway we really not supposedly discussing this issue on this thread.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
So all childrens are well behaved ?
You being ridiculous here
Yes I am. Absolutely. Every single child is naughty, misbehaved, loud, and every adult is well behaved.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PabloM

Yes I am. Absolutely. Every single child is naughty, misbehaved, loud, and every adult is well behaved.
My son is generally well behaved In the lounges and we let him watch childrens videos on the phone to keep him occupied or a couple of toys in hand. If he was going to scream I would be very embarressed and definately remove him from the lounge if it happened. Many families staying at nice hotels get lounge access would in most cases would be able to consider other people enjoyment in the lounge. Also I don't think it is unreasonable to expect staff can ask a family to leave if the child is screaming or running around. Yes it might be possible on a blue moon parents might get angry but a drunken man might also get angry if staff were to ask him to leave.

At the end of the day when we stayed at HK Pullman as PaloM knows I took my son into the lounge for short periods when it was less busy (15mins before the end of happy hour) We had no issues and those adults still there were not disturbed by him. Also just consider some adults don't like to see children full stop no matter how well behaved the child might be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.