Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
No apple?
Dav77 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by cowism
Japanese hospitality is very different, I feel. I think they went the extra mile for me though. Very good service at front office too
The Thais are known for their hospitality too. Of course the Japanese is on a different level altogether. The price per night you are paying is for a Mercure is probably same or more than the prices for both Bangkok or Singapore so it might play a part. That being said, that is country dependent and due to demand and supply. My point is that the Softiel experience should be better in every way compared to a Mercure right?
Dav77 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
The Thais are known for their hospitality too. Of course the Japanese is on a different level altogether. The price per night you are paying is for a Mercure is probably same or more than the prices for both Bangkok or Singapore so it might play a part. That being said, that is country dependent and due to demand and supply. My point is that the Softiel experience should be better in every way compared to a Mercure right?
definitely yes, for me. Sofitel is Sofitel... even if Mercure in Asia is different experience (much better) than in Europe.

quite sure the rate of Mercure in Tokyo is the same as Sofitel in Singapore and higher than Sofitel in Bangkok
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I paid 200 USD a night for a deluxe room in Tokyo vs 200 USD for a suite in Sofitel BKK. Maybe that made a doffdiffer 🤣
Dav77 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:05 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Pullman Brussels

Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
i could kill for that socks ! 😀 amazing
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Sofitel Kuala lumpur damansara (Malaysia)

Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:37 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Pullman Shanghai Skyway as platinum

Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: Le Accor and Marriott
The welcome amenities look great at other Accor Hotels! The Fairmont Royal York only provides a bottle of water and a small packaged item for both Gold and Platinum members.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:23 am

Hotel: Sofitel Damansara Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Vip Treatment: The Welcome Fruit Amenity was quite ok but not outstanding. I was kindly given an early check in at 11 am although 100% occupancy the night before. Usual Welcome Drink voucher. However, for this Long Stay I was very lucky to be given a double upgrade from the cheapest room to a Junior Suite on a high floor. I am extremely grateful for this. Still Lanvin toiletries. I have not spent enough on my initial booking to be upgraded to a Hermes toiletries level Suite in a Sofitel yet. Very warm Welcome Back from all staff I have met so far. And the Lounge staff have very kindly allowed me to substitute the usual delicious cakes and pastries afternoon tea platter with a plate of cut fruit each day just so that I can watch my waistline. The Welcome benefits sheet does not seem to have changed as far as I can see.

Reaction: There are a few regular posters here who know this hotel very well, including Jiunsoh who was here just a few days ago. This is my first time here for about four months, I think. Regulars may or may not know that the Club Millesime Manager has changed. I didn't know that until a couple of days ago. And there is one additional full time staff member as well as one Management Trainee from France. The new GSM/Le Club Activist is also from France but is on leave for two more days. More trainees for the Club Millesime should be arriving next week. The Lounge is still understaffed as is the hotel generally as are most hotels in KL. So many new hotels opened last year. And it is still very difficult to hear Guest Services on the still very poor phone line. The supermarket in the small mall connected to the hotel is very useful for a Long Stay. There are ATMs from one particular bank. Am very happy to be back here. I will edit and add comments if I notice anything during my Stay.

Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:26 am

Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy

platinum welcome gift, just some biscuits

I’ve been upgraded at studio Suite (best room) at 17th (executive) floor

booked superior room (basic one) payed with points, so really nice 3X upgrade .. 👍

of course, got welcome drink

Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Hotel: Sofitel Damansara Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Vip Treatment: The Welcome Fruit Amenity was quite ok but not outstanding. I was kindly given an early check in at 11 am although 100% occupancy the night before. Usual Welcome Drink voucher. However, for this Long Stay I was very lucky to be given a double upgrade from the cheapest room to a Junior Suite on a high floor. I am extremely grateful for this. Still Lanvin toiletries. I have not spent enough on my initial booking to be upgraded to a Hermes toiletries level Suite in a Sofitel yet. Very warm Welcome Back from all staff I have met so far. And the Lounge staff have very kindly allowed me to substitute the usual delicious cakes and pastries afternoon tea platter with a plate of cut fruit each day just so that I can watch my waistline. The Welcome benefits sheet does not seem to have changed as far as I can see.

Reaction: There are a few regular posters here who know this hotel very well, including Jiunsoh who was here just a few days ago. This is my first time here for about four months, I think. Regulars may or may not know that the Club Millesime Manager has changed. I didn't know that until a couple of days ago. And there is one additional full time staff member as well as one Management Trainee from France. The new GSM/Le Club Activist is also from France but is on leave for two more days. More trainees for the Club Millesime should be arriving next week. The Lounge is still understaffed as is the hotel generally as are most hotels in KL. So many new hotels opened last year. And it is still very difficult to hear Guest Services on the still very poor phone line. The supermarket in the small mall connected to the hotel is very useful for a Long Stay. There are ATMs from one particular bank. Am very happy to be back here. I will edit and add comments if I notice anything during my Stay.

i heard the previous club manager left near end of Oct.

last few days hotel was running full occupancy, this was the first time i saw their lounge crowded with guest, almost cant find place to sit, and food being emptied within minutes.
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:07 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Hotel: Raffles Jakarta
Booked Raffles Room, upgraded to Artist Suite (double upgrade)

Welcome sweets were in the room and daughter had a special set up just for her.
We were given in room check-in and asked if we wanted any drinks, which were sent to the room - together with macarons.
At 17:10 we wanted to order in some famous banana fritters - concierge checked and the shop closed at 5pm. 30mins later banana fritters made by the hotel arrived in the room.
In the evening we then had a small NYE desert presentation sent.
So basically, this post is just about the food we got.

​​​​
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Hotel: Raffles Jakarta
Booked Raffles Room, upgraded to Artist Suite (double upgrade)

Welcome sweets were in the room and daughter had a special set up just for her.
We were given in room check-in and asked if we wanted any drinks, which were sent to the room - together with macarons.
At 17:10 we wanted to order in some famous banana fritters - concierge checked and the shop closed at 5pm. 30mins later banana fritters made by the hotel arrived in the room.
In the evening we then had a small NYE desert presentation sent.
So basically, this post is just about the food we got.

​​​​
1st class service 👍
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:16 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I look forward to experiencing Raffles one day. All of the photos and accounts of hotel service sound fantastic.
gilbertaue and Dav77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.