Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:06 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Oh boy...
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:55 am

I just booked a night at Swissotel Stamford (Singapore) next year January, executive harbour king room.... I hope to have welcome amentity with gold status, concierge?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
I will help you moving on quickly Amy! lol.

Novotel Budapest Centrum

Novotel Wien Hauptbahnhof
No have. LOL. Didn't get any welcome amenity, no card, no nothing.

Mercure Salzburg
A card. A bottle of soda and a bottle of water...

Novotel Munich City
Nothing...I start questioning my life at this point lol.

ibis Styles Siem Reap

Pullman Luang Prabang

3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery

Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon

Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:43 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
The difference in the effort made between Asian and European hotels is astonishing.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Hotel Novotel London Heathrow Airport T1 T2 and T3
Status Platinum
​​​​​Welcome gift Nothing
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:10 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
The difference in the effort made between Asian and European hotels is astonishing.
Unless you make a hell lot of noise. Which I generally do.

Then they pull out everything - which is surprising as they often then put stuff out which is hotel branded. Which then begs the question: what do they normally do with thay stuff then? Keep it for hotel staff?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by coolhead
I just booked a night at Swissotel Stamford (Singapore) next year January, executive harbour king room.... I hope to have welcome amentity with gold status, concierge?
For plat it is macarons and a bottle of wine
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Unless you make a hell lot of noise. Which I generally do.

Then they pull out everything - which is surprising as they often then put stuff out which is hotel branded. Which then begs the question: what do they normally do with thay stuff then? Keep it for hotel staff?
Service recovery 😂😂😂
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by cowism
Service recovery 😂😂😂
I'd just call it RECOVERY lol
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by cowism
For plat it is macarons and a bottle of wine
Ok, then I guess for gold it'll be 2 bottles of beer and brownies.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:06 pm

Hotel: Fairmont Jakarta

VIP Treatment: My second Stay here and because I learned some new things about Fairmont I thought I would add a new comment here rather than just add a postscript to my previous Stay comment. Last time I paid the full rate but this time I used the APAC 40% discount plus 2,000 points to make my nightly rate lower. This time I did not receive the email for paid e-Standby offers. I could guess that this was because I was paying a low rate and I confirmed this at check in. My initial email enquiries to Reservations did not answer this question. I also asked about their Welcome Email which had not arrived 24 hours prior to my Stay but then arrived immediately and is very useful. I also emailed the Gold Lounge Manager to let her know that I would not be seeing them this time due to not receiving an e-Standby offer, and she replied almost immediately offering me the paid upgrade at the same USD 50 rate as last time. I accepted.

I realize this is not strictly Platinum treatment but I was very appreciative, and in my mind at least maybe Platinum Status (and returning guest status) played a role here. Also . . . I was very surprised and appreciative to have been upgraded from their discounted Standard Room to a one bedroom Suite on a Gold Floor connected by staircase to the Gold Lounge one floor above. The same Le Labo toiletries were provided. These were new to me last time but having used them I now realize that they are extremely high quality as far as I can judge.

I received the usual Welcome Drink voucher and used it in the same Sappori Deli but was served by a different person and this time was given very different information. On my previous Stay I was led to believe that the options during the day here were quite limited (the two bars open from 5 pm). But this time I was informed that any non-alcoholic drink on the menu was available as well as beer and wine.

I was very happy with the Welcome Amenity waiting in the Suite. Photo below.

The Gold Lounge two hour Afternoon Tea was again excellent and was better than Cocktails in some other hotels. I also had a much better impression of the Cocktails this time although I think they were much the same as last time. They have a buffet and an a la carte menu (photo below). I was only there for a short time from the opening of Cocktails at 6 pm but I was again struck how quiet the Lounge was whenever I was there.

There is also a special one hour Le Club Cocktails for all members regardless of status in another outlet everyday but I did not attend. I believe that the GM and maybe other staff mingle there. I forgot to ask what they serve.

Reaction: My reaction is that I was treated extremely well, especially given that I paid a low nightly rate (low for this hotel, not actually low). The Suite was wonderful. I realize that I paid for Gold Lounge/Floor access but still believe that I received very fine treatment. if anyone is planning a Stay at this hotel, and you wish to utilize the Gold Lounge etc, then I would recommend that you try to make direct contact with the Gold Lounge Manager who is head and shoulders the most efficient, knowledgeable and proactive person I met in the hotel. A really wonderful Manager. There is also a Loyalty Manager but she was away for both my Stays.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:22 am
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:59 pm

Thank you Kobetraveller. Very informative!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
The pork belly is nice
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Hotel: Grand Mercure Kemayoran (Jakarta)

VIP Treatment: Informed about 9 am early check in the day before. Paid for Standard room and upgraded to a large corner room. Welcome drink voucher to be used for anything on menu in very attractive Lobby Lounge with extremely proactive, friendly service staff. No Club Lounge. Photo of Welcome Amenity in room below.

Reaction: Very happy with my Stay. Nothing to complain about. Very large breakfast buffet. I did notice that most tables in the Lobby breakfast buffet restaurant were set for about 8 ~ 10 people so I am guessing that this hotel deals with a lot of big groups. But am just guessing about that. I did not ask anybody.

If I am not wrong the hotel is very near (connected??) to the Jakarta Expo Hall right?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
If I am not wrong the hotel is very near (connected??) to the Jakarta Expo Hall right?
It's not far from the Jakarta Convention Centre. (But still a walk through the sports grounds. Nice 2km walk, but you willl sweat )
The hotel is connected to Plaza Senayan by Tunnel.

The Jakarta Expo is on the other side of the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.