Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:09 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach

Hotel: Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach
VIP treatment: Some Chocolates and Macarons. Additionally, got 2 Chocolate platters of "Thank you for your Loyalty" since we booked 2 rooms
Reaction: Quite surprised by the "Thank you for your Loyalty" Chocolate platter.

Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
INK Hotel (MGallery) Amsterdam

Hotel: INK Hotel (MGallery) Amsterdam
VIP treatment: Handwritten note from manager, large packet of 'Stroopwaffels', small box of chocolates, cotton tote bag, 4x bottles of water in fridge
Reaction: Very nice welcome gift, and drinks vouchers for 2 people valid for house cocktail!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:08 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
As gold, have never received anything, but the drink coupon and have been gold for many years.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:31 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum

Checked In to Sofitel New York. Amenity was okay. A bit below expectations for a 500USD per night (pre tax and service fee) stay. They do need to improve this. If it was for gold or silver that would be fine. But platiniums should get a bit better treatment. Also no drink voucher yet. May ask for it down stairs tonight. Complete review later.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:18 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06

Checked In to Sofitel New York. Amenity was okay. A bit below expectations for a 500USD per night (pre tax and service fee) stay. They do need to improve this. If it was for gold or silver that would be fine. But platiniums should get a bit better treatment. Also no drink voucher yet. May ask for it down stairs tonight. Complete review later.
Now that's poor, a water and micro-chocolate bar?
Goldorak and tris06 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Now that's poor, a water and micro-chocolate bar?
Plus last night was not given an upgrade. Same staff member this morning, when I enquired to another staff member about drink vouchers I earsdropped to hear him talking to another customer " Sir we can offer You an discounted upgrade to the prestige suite for 300 USD..." So I asked the staff member I was talking to if the hotel was full.. then asked about if the prestige suite was fully booked out for the next 3 nights. "No Sir we have availability" So for the final 2 nights of my 4 night stay we will transfer to the prestige suite, even Though I do like the current room view. Prestige must be better (Same size) if they sell it 500 USD extra per night.

Sad considering I Did email the hotel before hand saying I review the hotel. I will go to talk to the manager.

"Update" Prestige suite now booked out except tonight . I am still happy Because they Did give me the top floor (28th level)so we Have a good view, but did tell the manager that the staff should communicate about benefits and give options to the member about upgrading even if it is not every night is available for upgrade (gives the member the option and makes us feel like they are trying).

Also mentioned the welcome amenity was a bit lacking for platinum members. I did my best to show I was not angry but want to be constructive about improving the experience.

Last edited by tris06; Jul 5, 2018 at 4:31 pm
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:03 am

pullman KL bangsar
2 vouchers and 20% off food coupon
pullman kuching 2 welcome drinks
later i found out that because i made the reservation as silver i was known as silver
after informed them that i was gold 2 vouchers arrived
kees
gilbertaue and tris06 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:54 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Hotel Pullman Fontana Stuttgart
VIP treatment and welcome gift: nothing, nada, keuchi, peau de zob
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Sofitel Dubai the Palm (April 2018)
Sofitel Dubai city center (April 2018)

Platinum gift
Attached Images   
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum

MGallery La Gare Milano

platinum gift

wonderful hotel, in the heart of Brera district in Milan and close to the train station, amazing terrace at last floor. only 140/150euro/night for superior room, upgraded at deluxe room
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Dav77
wonderful hotel, in the heart of Brera district in Milan and close to the train station, amazing terrace at last floor. only 140/150euro/night for superior room, upgraded at deluxe room
It's a nice hotel but it's not really in Brera.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:32 pm

Sofitel Macau as Platinum. Rather underwhelming compared to other Sofitels in Asia
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aeolus
Sofitel Macau as Platinum. Rather underwhelming compared to other Sofitels in Asia
What level of membership are you? For a silver or non elite member this is pretty good.
For gold it is average. For platinum it is a bit disappointing.

I always had nice welcome amenities at Macau Sofitel. I really want to try the new Sofitel Zhuhai when/if it opens.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:07 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by Aeolus
Originally Posted by tris06
What level of membership are you? For a silver or non elite member this is pretty good.
For gold it is average. For platinum it is a bit disappointing.

I always had nice welcome amenities at Macau Sofitel. I really want to try the new Sofitel Zhuhai when/if it opens.
Indeed, it matters which status you are? I believe for Platinum, they give a bottle of Wine and some sweet treats.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
What the .....? And why point out that the kettle is "complimentary"? I have yet to find a hotel that charges for kettle use
It seems that Ibis hotels in Europe do not have kettles.
So far I have stayed in Ibis Moscow Kievskaya, Ibis Warszawa Reduta, Ibis Tegel Airport Berlin, Ibis Koeln Messe (Cologne). So far all do not have kettles. Doing Ibis on the cheap so that I can hit 30 nights this year and do some gold review for you guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.