Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > AccorHotels | Le Club AccorHotels
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels

Old Aug 12, 19, 1:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: accor plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by R2 View Post
Exactly. I wouldn't have had any use for it. I'm not even aware any of my friends being big tea drinkers. Had they offered a quality wine however...

A "gift is a gift", but each is subjective. Better than a few Apples..... maybee ask for it to be "swapped" or ask for extra points ..... umm think some other chain does that.
Old Aug 12, 19, 3:06 am
R2

Originally Posted by hotel_user View Post
A "gift is a gift", but each is subjective. Better than a few Apples..... maybee ask for it to be "swapped" or ask for extra points ..... umm think some other chain does that.
Yeah, you're right. I never eat the apples either. IIRC Hilton has a scheme where one of the benefits is a choice between breakfast, additional points etc a few options. I leave the Accor welcome amenity untouched 90% of the time. If I'm in the room when they bring it and I see that it's fruit or something I don't need I usually only take the letter and politely decline the rest.
Old Aug 13, 19, 12:08 am

Programs: Alfursan Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus , LCAH Gold
You should complaint

I heard news that accor have courtesy point in which in this case , even if you dont get welcome drink voucher they can offer 750 points if you are gold and plus if you are platinum .

so i encourage you all to complaint bring this issue to their manager so they can offer courtesy point .
Old Aug 13, 19, 1:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by montreuxgarcon View Post
I heard news that accor have courtesy point in which in this case , even if you dont get welcome drink voucher they can offer 750 points if you are gold and plus if you are platinum .

so i encourage you all to complaint bring this issue to their manager so they can offer courtesy point .
Anyone can confirm this? What if they give us drink vouchers, can we ask for points instead? Since I don't drink alcohol, points are more beneficial to me
Old Aug 13, 19, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by Juntima View Post
Anyone can confirm this? What if they give us drink vouchers, can we ask for points instead? Since I don't drink alcohol, points are more beneficial to me
no we cannot confirm that. Itís an initiative of the hotel if they do it.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

no we cannot confirm that. Itís an initiative of the hotel if they do it.
So it's not Accor policy but hotel individually. That's OK then, thank you
Old Aug 15, 19, 6:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

MGallery Phoenix Yogyakarta
Old Aug 15, 19, 8:35 am

Programs: Alfursan Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus , LCAH Gold
Ibis and Ibis Style

Just receive new info , even if you stay in ibis or ibis styles gold can have early check in or check out and platinum both early check in and check out plus welcome drink voucher for the cardholder.

I hope accor representative see this and can understand what they should do to their beloved leclub accor member.
Old Aug 15, 19, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by montreuxgarcon View Post
Just receive new info , even if you stay in ibis or ibis styles gold can have early check in or check out and platinum both early check in and check out plus welcome drink voucher for the cardholder.

I hope accor representative see this and can understand what they should do to their beloved leclub accor member.
Sorry, but I am missing your point here. This has always been the case as per the program rules. Maybe some hotels did not comply with those rules but the rules were there. Please clarify.
Old Aug 15, 19, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAGGL, TK Elite, Accor Gold, Hilton Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cowism View Post

MGallery Phoenix Yogyakarta
visiting this property next month. It looks a good one! Hoping for an upgrade as a lowly gold. We will see.
Old Aug 15, 19, 1:42 pm

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
SOFITEL New York

Maybe I need to consider the pencil and paper as Platinum welcome gift.

I required early check in at 1.00 PM, I got the room at 3.10 PM (standard check in time 3.00 PM)

booked Luxury room (lower categories Classic and Superior - higher categories Junior suite and 2 types of suites) > received the same (23th floor)

no 1 complimentary small bottled water ...

room itself is nice, spacious, even really far from SOFITEL standard in Asia.

Good view from the room

just recevied 2 welcome drinks valid for beer, local wine (God save me) or not alcoholic cocktails.

itís ok, it was a reservation made by points ...and iíve Already given up with Accor ...but... bah ...

i wonít complain about anything. I just not recommend this hotel as Platinum Members welcome or specials.
Old Aug 15, 19, 5:46 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich View Post

visiting this property next month. It looks a good one! Hoping for an upgrade as a lowly gold. We will see.
Ask for a room facing the pool.
Old Aug 16, 19, 12:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accor (Gold)
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post

itís ok, it was a reservation made by points
But this shouldn't matter, should it? I used points to pay for entire stays in Berlin, Belgrade and Venice and always received all the Gold member benefits. And those were Mercures, not Sofitels. I would definitely complain. That's a terrible treatment of a Platinum member! 🤬
hotel_user likes this.
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
SOFITEL New York

Maybe I need to consider the pencil and paper as Platinum welcome gift.

I required early check in at 1.00 PM, I got the room at 3.10 PM (standard check in time 3.00 PM)

booked Luxury room (lower categories Classic and Superior - higher categories Junior suite and 2 types of suites) > received the same (23th floor)

no 1 complimentary small bottled water ...

room itself is nice, spacious, even really far from SOFITEL standard in Asia.

Good view from the room

just recevied 2 welcome drinks valid for beer, local wine (God save me) or not alcoholic cocktails.

itís ok, it was a reservation made by points ...and iíve Already given up with Accor ...but... bah ...

i wonít complain about anything. I just not recommend this hotel as Platinum Members welcome or specials.
you should ask for it. I would be curious to see what they are offering.
Old Aug 16, 19, 5:55 pm

Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post

you should ask for it. I would be curious to see what they are offering.
got it today ...unless it is a turndown service amenity.

Search this Thread