Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New hotel openings 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Hotel Mercure Roscoff Bord De Mer (Opening April 2019)

Hotel Mercure Roscoff Bord De Mer (Opening April 2019) : https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...19/index.shtml

Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
I just came across that - it seems a company already operating a number of "budget" Accor properties (mainly ibis Styles and Adagio) is set to launch a host of new ones in 2019/2020 in smaller German cities. To anybody travelling around Germany, like myself, this should be very welcome news:

https://www.shgr.com/en/development/

Among locations to be served:
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:03 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JTCz
I just came across that - it seems a company already operating a number of "budget" Accor properties (mainly ibis Styles and Adagio) is set to launch a host of new ones in 2019/2020 in smaller German cities. To anybody travelling around Germany, like myself, this should be very welcome news:

https://www.shgr.com/en/development/

Among locations to be served:
I drove past the Adagio site in Bremen two weeks ago. Near the railway station. Rumour has it that the Swissotel will be rebadged!

Last edited by gilbertaue; Jan 27, 2019 at 9:21 pm
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:55 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Bremen [...] Rumour has it that the Swissotel will be rebadged!
As what?

The Swissôtel has a strong and quite established character, as well as being home to the Honorary Consulate of Switzerland. It would seem rather odd to change that, unless the Swissôtel brand is to be dropped completely.

It's also not clear to me which Accor brand would be a good fit. Perhaps Pullman?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:59 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IMH
As what?

The Swissôtel has a strong and quite established character, as well as being home to the Honorary Consulate of Switzerland. It would seem rather odd to change that, unless the Swissôtel brand is to be dropped completely.

It's also not clear to me which Accor brand would be a good fit. Perhaps Pullman?
It will no longer be part of AccorHotels. In fact a number of cities, like Düsseldorf too, have been losing their Swissotels.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:36 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
That will be a shame.

In Düsseldorf the independent operator switched to Crowne Plaza. I believe, although I am not 100% sure, that Bremen was operated by Swissôtel (and therefore now by Accor).
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Mama Shelter Paris West (Opening August 2019)

https://www.accorhotels.com/fr/hotel...on-description
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Mama Shelter Lille (opening june 2019)

https://www.accorhotels.com/fr/hotel...in=accorhotels
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Seems nice enough... but saying that Porte de Versailles is 15 minutes on foot from the center of Paris is nothing short of a lie. It's a good hour on foot (at least) to any area a tourist would like to visit.
martin_paris, Goldorak and JTCz like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:15 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Mercure Bedford, Cardiff, Harlow, Nottingham, Telford and Birmingham

AccorHotels has signed a portfolio of six Mercure hotels under a hotel management agreement with Proark – a Danish based real estate property group holding assets in retail and hotel properties across Europe.Collectively adding 864 rooms under the Mercure brand in the UK, the hotels are located in Bedford, Cardiff, Harlow, Nottingham, Telford and Birmingham. The portfolio of hotels will receive a capital investment of Ł15 million and each hotel will undergo extensive refurbishment as they are rebranded from Park Inn to Mercure. The hotels are set to open individually between Q2 2019 and Q4 2020.
https://www.hospitalityandcateringne...lio-uk-hotels/
tris06 and JTCz like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I'm living in Lille and the project has been delayed many times. Construction isn't finished ATM and noway June 2019 is possible.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Easytravel
I'm living in Lille and the project has been delayed many times. Construction isn't finished ATM and noway June 2019 is possible.
the linked page says August. May be it has been updated since nrouxel posted.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:10 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Hotel Chadstone Melbourne, MGallery by Sofitel

Accor and Vicinity Centres have unveiled new details around the $130 million project, currently under construction, including its official name, Hotel Chadstone Melbourne, MGallery by Sofitel.The 12-storey, 250-room hotel, including rooftop conservatory bar, swimming pool and wellness centre, will offer panoramic views from Port Phillip Bay to the CBD and across the Dandenong Ranges, setting a new benchmark for luxury accommodation outside Melbourne’s centre.
https://www.thehotelconversation.com...019/1551860001
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I recieved a wechat message from the former Sofitel Guangzhou staff member who transferred to Raffles Shenzhen.

"FYI our room is available from May now"

Indeed the hotel rooms are priced from May. Though only at full fixed price at the moment.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
new sofitel in beijing, re-brand from W Hotel Beijing chang'an, target opening this month.
https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...in=accorhotels

if not mistaken this W hotel operated until dec 2018, then immediately rebrand to "Tianfu Zunya hotel", and they now become Sofitel.

W hotel info:
***** HOTEL W BEIJING CHANG'AN, BEIJING *****

Last edited by jiunsoh; Apr 15, 2019 at 8:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.