Review Mercure Santiago centro

Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Mercure Santiago Centro

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Mercure Santiago Centro

Av. Libertador Bernardo O Higgins, 632 Centro Santiago, CL 8320000

Review Mercure Santiago centro (25 Photos)

Mercure Santiago Centro

I stayed twice in this hotel in a short time : 1st stay of 1 night and 2nd stay of 3 nights. This hotel is the highest Accor brand represented in Santiago, and in Chile in general. All other Accor hotels in Chile are Ibis in Santiago and Valparaiso.

IMG_5120.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg

It is very centrally located, as its name tells, on Av Libertador General Bernardo O’Higgins, across the street from the national library (Biblioteca National) and the Santa Lucia hill. The Santa Lucia metro station is at the foot of the hotel. From this metro station, you can reach directly the 2 main bus stations.

Overall the 2 stays were good. No issue to report (only minor housekeeping issues). Nice staff, especially at the restaurant. A good Mercure with nothing extraordinary but nothing bad at all.

Check In

Check-in was quick both times. Both stays were booked as superior room/queen size bed. For the 1st stay, I was upgraded to Suite. No upgrade for the 2nd stay as the suites were booked. Note that for the suite upgrade, nothing was mentioned about the upgrade at check-in, I discovered it arriving in the room (this is really a pity in term of customer handling IMO). Drink voucher was given spontaneously both times.

An important note : it seems advisable to not book the entry level rooms (standard room) as they seem very dated from the pictures on the website and reviews on sites like TA are not so good.

A kind of weird sign (at least in English) for its upper part !

IMG_4776.jpg

Room

For both stays, the rooms were on the top floor (17th) with a nice view on the Library and Santa Lucia hill.

IMG_4772.jpg

The suite was composed of 2 relatively large rooms as you can see on the pictures.

IMG_4762.jpgIMG_4763.jpgIMG_4766.jpgIMG_4767.jpgIMG_4768.jpgIMG_4769.jpgIMG_4770.jpgIMG_4771.jpgIMG_4773.jpgIMG_4774.jpg

The living room has a separate toilet which had a seat cover in urgent need for replacement (come on…how much does that cost. It should have been done for a while…).

IMG_4764.jpgIMG_4765.jpg

Bathrobes were in the closet but no slippers. Espresso machine, water and welcome chocolates + welcome letter signed by the GM (and mentioning the upgrade).

For the Superior room, similar design in a smaller room of course, but of very decent size. This time bathrobe + slippers were available. Espresso machines with 2 capsules which were not replaced the 2nd day (but were replaced on the 3rd day…).

IMG_5240.jpgIMG_5241.jpgIMG_5243.jpgIMG_5244.jpgIMG_5245.jpg

Beds were comfortable. No noise from inside or outside (soundproofing from outside is good because the avenue the hotel is located on is very busy).

Dining

There is a kind of bar in the reception area, where you can use your drink voucher. You can even have food served here if you want. I have to say, I don’t feel in a bar in that environment, but that’s OK (I mean you feel like having a drink in the middle of the ballet of people going in/out of the hotel, so not a typical bar ambiance at all). With the drink voucher, you can have the usual suspects for that kind of brand, including the superb Chilean wines.

IMG_4779.jpg

There is another bar on the 5th floor where there is an outside terrace with a small pool. I didn’t use it as May in Santiago is a bit chilly in the morning and evening.

IMG_4777.jpgIMG_4778.jpg

The restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner is on the 2nd floor. The food is quite good, so do not hesitate to eat there if you are lazy/tired to go out.

IMG_5246.jpg

Overall

As I said above, overall the 2 stays were good. I would return  without hesitation.

Would you like to write a review on the Mercure Santiago Centro?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:11 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks for the review Goldorak. Looks decent enough. Can you get a bottle of Malbec with the voucher?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Thanks for the review Goldorak. Looks decent enough. Can you get a bottle of Malbec with the voucher?
Thanks !
certainly not a bottle, but a glass yes for sure Their wine selection at the restaurant was definitely very decent ^
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:27 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hotel was rebranded from the Caesar Business brand some time ago, which you can probably guess from the signage and the impression the former name left.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:57 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Merci Goldorak​​​​​​! Were any of the two sofa in the suite able to convert to beds?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Merci Goldorak​​​​​​! Were any of the two sofa in the suite able to convert to beds?
De rien gilbertaue
I believe yes, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Introduction I stayed twice in this hotel in a short time : 1st stay of 1 night and 2nd stay of 3 nights. This hotel is the highest Accor brand represented in Santiago...
Thanks for this new excellent report! ^
Several years ago*, I stayed in Novotel Vitacura but this hotel is too far from center and metro.

*for prehistoric AF flyers, First class JNB-CDG-SCL ~ €3500
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by delanotre
*for prehistoric AF flyers, First class JNB-CDG-SCL ~ €3500
the good old times
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This hotel is the highest Accor brand represented in Santiago, and in Chile in general. All other Accor hotels in Chile are Ibis in Santiago and Valparaiso.
Don't want to be pedantic, but in fact this is not accurate. There's a Novotel in the Vitacura area, in Santiago. I never stayed there but the location is great as Vitacura is full of the trendiest bars and restaurants in town.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by RafKa
Don't want to be pedantic, but in fact this is not accurate. There's a Novotel in the Vitacura area, in Santiago. I never stayed there but the location is great as Vitacura is full of the trendiest bars and restaurants in town.
Correct indeed. Sorry for this mistake.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Any recent experience at this Mercure?
I am considering a couple of days here in November as the location looks good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.