Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Terrible service at Novotel - Suite Novotel CDG Paris Nord 2

Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*D; Accor & Starwood Plat

Suite Novotel CDG Paris Nord 2

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

335 Rue de la Belle Etoile Roissy-en-France, FR 95974

Terrible service at Novotel (0 Photo)

Background information:

I stayed before at this hotel and was very happy with the service and the room product, that is why I came, although this time it was a totally different experience.

Check In

Very long line and very slow process for the check-in. although there was two persons working, one was a trainee or being a new employee and could not do anything by himself. No priority line for Accor Gold / Plat. I had to wait 30 min to check-in even though there was only maybe 4 persons in front of me.

As I was travelling alone with my daughter, 21 months, I requested a baby cot on te reservation, and confirmed it by phone the day prior to the arrival. Finally got my room card and the confirmation the baby cot was there.

Room

Room was ok as always, nice large room with the possibility to separate the living room space from the bedroom space with a curtain, but there was obviously two big issues:

- the baby cot was not there

- the room has been hastidly cleaned and the cleaning products / clothes where till in the room, the table was still sticky from something

Service

That is where the real story starts. I called the reception to get the baby cot, got answered that he is busy and e will come withing 30 min. 30 min passes (with a more and more tired baby), and he does not come, not even answering the phone.

I go down to the reception with my daughter to see him actually arguing with a pizza delivery person, refusing him entrance to the building as the guy did not have "something" for him. Obviously it was more important to get a bribe from the pizza man than taking care of customers. Another discussion where he kindly mention that the room has two beds already, so my daughter can use one of them.

To make a long story short, the bed never came and I had to make my daughter sleep on a madrass on the floor that I removed from the coach ...

I tried to discuss the issue at check-out, but it was a different team who "does not know what happens during the night"

A bit away from the airport and at the difference from what the hotel sites says, the shuttle does not leave from all terminals but only from T9 (there is a train to go there), pay attention that the hotel is now called Novotel Suite Villepinte but still shows as Novotel CDG Paris Nord 2 on the shuttle schedule.

Overall

I am very disapointed with the service and the lack of answer afterward from Accor, despite spelling out all the above in the survey.

Terrible service at Novotel

Would you like to write a review on the Suite Novotel CDG Paris Nord 2?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:45 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by In the Wood
I am very disapointed with the service and the lack of answer afterward from Accor, despite spelling out all the above in the survey.
Certainly not a good stay. Especially considering you had a baby with you.

You would typically not get a response from Accor for the survey - it is the hotel management that would reply (sometimes). The survey goes to the hotel directly and only the choice buttons are fed into a system with which Accor group gains statistic about the hotel (and later for audits).
So with poor staff at the hotel, it isn't really a surprise that this particular hotel management isn't responding either.

You may wish to consider reaching out to the General Manager via [email protected] The GM's name is Christophe Prigent.

Last edited by gilbertaue; Apr 24, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:28 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello In The Wood,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. I've informed the central team who will be in contact with the hotel

Kind regards,
Amy
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*D; Accor & Starwood Plat
Thanks both, I will contact the hotel to inquire about what they did with the survey. I hope they use also the text in the surveys and not only the rating fields
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:18 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by In the Wood
Thanks both, I will contact the hotel to inquire about what they did with the survey. I hope they use also the text in the surveys and not only the rating fields
WHEN hotels reply, they typically reply on what was written in the text bit. But as in your case - some hotels don't reply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.