Wiki Posts
Search

Review Novotel Moscow centre

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Novotel Moscow Centre

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Novotel Moscow Centre

23 Novoslobodskaya Moscow, RU 127030

Review Novotel Moscow centre (14 Photos)

Novotel Moscow Centre

I spent 2 nights there. The hotel is centrally located (as its name tells), a metro station at its foot.

Overall the stay was good, with some room for improvement.

First, I'd like to say that the hotel responds always promptly to your request by e-mail. They can help you for a tourist visa paperwork (finally didn't need it because finally requested a business visa, but I received all the conditions quickly). I booked transportation from the airport to the hotel and it was at an acceptable price.

Check In

The lobby has a typical Novotel look, a bit outdated IMO, but still in acceptable conditions. But you add to that a very cold atmosphere with some isolated ugly sofas and, as often in Russia, with several "guards" patrolling the lobby and looking very bored and looking at you with suspicion. I always felt uncomfortable in Russian hotels because of those guys. I didn't take picture of the lobby as I thought I would end immediately in jail for spying ;-)

Check-in was a bit long. I was given my key and drink voucher and I asked what kind of room it was (I booked an executive room with queen bed and sofa). She said it was an executive room. OK, so no upgrade ? Oh but this is an upgrade. Well....(here we go again)...no that's what I booked (proof shown). She then asked her colleague who prompty explained her that I should be upgraded to the upper category : the executive suite. He apologized and explained me in French that she will prepare new keys for the suite on the 15th floor. 

Room

The suite was huge. A 1st room with a sofa and 2 big armchairs, a TV and a full (very small) bathroom. The 2nd room (with the bed) was even larger with plenty of space, the bed, another sofa/bed and the desk and 2nd very small bathroom. Nespresso machine and 2 free bottle of water (refilled everyday). Bathrobe and slippers on the bed.

Plenty of light with 2 large windows in each room

I liked the comfort of this suite and the large size of the rooms. Zero noise.

What was a minus were the very small bathrooms. The toilets are literally stuck against a wall and so it is quite uncomfotable seating on (I stop here for details :-)) There was virtually no space to put your toiletry items. Bathroom products were the typical Novotel branded ones. The room was so large that they could have taken a small part of it to make a larger bathroom.

IMG_4336.JPGIMG_4337.JPGIMG_4338.JPGIMG_4339.JPGIMG_4340.JPGIMG_4333.JPGIMG_4341.JPGIMG_4334.JPGIMG_4342.JPGIMG_4335.JPG

Some chocolate truffles and fruits were bring to the room with a welcome letter. For the fruits, unfortunately, they didn't provide a plate and a knife.

IMG_4343.JPG

Overall

Check-out formalities were quick, but unfortunately I discovered that they forgot about my transportation back to the airport that I ordered the day before...Annoying when it's 6 am. They called a taxi that took 20 min to arrive. All transportations were billed to my room, which is convenient.

Overall, a typical Novotel in a style beginning to be a bit dated, but still very acceptable and the suite was nice and I enjoyed it.

IMG_4350.JPGIMG_4351.JPGIMG_4355.JPG

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Moscow Centre?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.