Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

I am forgetting if using points blocks earning points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I am forgetting if using points blocks earning points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:08 am
Original Poster

On looking again, I found that the remaining amount I was going to pay after points was all taxes, and I usually get that refunded. So I might have lost all credit for this stay (?)

Cancelled the points stay, and I'll just pay, to be sure of hitting my 60 nights.

Thanks for the reminders given above.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
Ok so you have gold status and stayed in a Mercure, Novotel or Sofitel

Are the amounts above including service charges and GST? That's 17% in total in Singapore. If that is the case and they have applied the same logic as they have done several times before then the following would be the case (approximate amounts due to currency fluctuations):

Total hotel bill (room + expenses + service charge + GST): SGD 851
Minus: Paid with points 22,000 points = EUR 440 EUR ~ SGD 713
Minus: Total Service charges + GST (17%) SGD 124

Remaining SGD 14 ~ EUR 9

EUR 9 equals 33 reward points and 22 status points.

By the way - I just realized that the Mercure Singapore Bugis was one of the hotels where this happened to me. Took me several emails to get it resolved. Initially they insisted that their calculation was correct. Eventually they gave in and the missing points were credited to my account.
I sent a separate e-mail in not using the original reply and another agent replied and told me my calculation is correct. He did say that the hotel may use a different calculation so the amount of actual points posted may be different.

Stay is SGD 546 + 17%
Eligible is SGD 45 + 17%

I ended up receiving 188 status + 278 bonus in addition to the 22 + 33. Not far off from my calculation so I let it go.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Angry Missing Points from Cash-Points stay

I did a 4 night stay at the Royal Beach Seminyak MGallery in October. The stay was prepaid with a mix of points and cash (credit card). As expected, the points to be accrued from the cash portion of the stay was not credited into my account. When I posted a missing points request, Accor Hotels Customer Care replied by email that "I can confirm that the number of points credited to your account is correct. Any expenses paid for using points, such as points used at the hotel itself or for your booking, do not result in points being credited to your account."

Accor's reply also directed me to the General Conditions of Use last updated 12 April 2017 which apparently includes this sentence [my italics and bolding]:
  • reservations and expenses made in full or in part using Rewards Points are not eligible to earn Rewards Points, but do entitle the member to accumulate Eligible Nights, provided that the conditions for this accumulation, as defined in the general conditions of use for the Programme, are met.
Anyone ever saw this line in the General Conditions of Use? Any ideas on how to resolve or escalate this? Post it on Accor Facebook?

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I had a stay in Vienna two weeks ago also prepaid with a mix of points and cash : the points to be accrued from the cash portion of the stay were credited to my account.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I found this when looking at Accor's FAQ :

"The portion of the invoice for which Rewards points have been used is not eligible for earning points. The remaining expenses invoiced are eligible for earning Status and Rewards points according to the rules defined in the general terms and conditions of use of the programme."

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/suppo...my-point.shtml
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by nrouxel
I found this when looking at Accor's FAQ :

"The portion of the invoice for which Rewards points have been used is not eligible for earning points. The remaining expenses invoiced are eligible for earning Status and Rewards points according to the rules defined in the general terms and conditions of use of the programme."

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/suppo...my-point.shtml
Great, I'll chase them on FB. If I wasn't so close to Gold, I'd drop them faster than a greased pig.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
Great, I'll chase them on FB. If I wasn't so close to Gold, I'd drop them faster than a greased pig.
Do not hesitate to monitor regularly for points posting correctly to your account or not.
They calculator is quite accurate if you input the right parameters: https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclu...n-points.shtml

Take your invoice, look at the part that will be paid in Cash/CC before any tax and after the portion paid by points (if any) has been subtracted.

Let's say you pay 120, but this includes 20 of taxes, and 40 were paid with points => you will only earn status/award points on (120 - 20 - 40 =) 60.
You can as well add any hotel expenses (pre-tax) to the final amount, make sure to charge the room to avoid chasing separate receipts/credit cards payments as proof of purchases.

I'm usually able to forecast quite accurately how many points +/- few % error.
This is useful to re-qualify for the intended status level. Was targeting 14K points for Platinum and ended up a little above 15K due to extra restaurant expenses over the year.

Note that recently I've seen some new types of errors:

One hotel in Vietnam reported the total amount in VND instead of USD and posted only 5% of the expected amount. They fixed quickly the mistake when contacted.
Another one in Singapore deducted the points portion twice and also fixed the mistake quickly when contacted.

Just make sure to follow up after each stay.

Julien
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:49 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I did a 4 night stay at the Royal Beach Seminyak MGallery in October. The stay was prepaid with a mix of points and cash (credit card). As expected, the points to be accrued from the cash portion of the stay was not credited into my account. When I posted a missing points request, Accor Hotels Customer Care replied by email that "I can confirm that the number of points credited to your account is correct. Any expenses paid for using points, such as points used at the hotel itself or for your booking, do not result in points being credited to your account."

Accor's reply also directed me to the General Conditions of Use last updated 12 April 2017 which apparently includes this sentence [my italics and bolding]:
  • reservations and expenses made in full or in part using Rewards Points are not eligible to earn Rewards Points, but do entitle the member to accumulate Eligible Nights, provided that the conditions for this accumulation, as defined in the general conditions of use for the Programme, are met.
Anyone ever saw this line in the General Conditions of Use? Any ideas on how to resolve or escalate this? Post it on Accor Facebook?

Thanks!
Typical Accor Customer Care bu****it from employees who know nothing about the program and wish to close their case. You have one way to get through this: make them compute the amount due based on the number of points awarded, then sent a copy of your bank statement showing how much you were charged and informed you will claim the difference between the charge and what should be due based on the awarded points. Then they should credit correctly. Use straight this method as Customer Care will not credit the correct amount until you put them in a corner.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:33 am

Finally got my points. But it was a long two weeks of chasing and to-ing/fro-ing, and so bloody unnecessary. Got my Gold for the year but I reckon 2018 will be my last year as an elite or even as a member with Accor.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Booking made partly with points are still eligible for points earning on the part paid by cash/CC. For this, there is a minimum of how much remain to be paid and IIRC it is €10 or 15. I don't know what it means for the number of eligible nights (do they count them all or just a part, or 0 ?).
Searched over the forum, I'm interested to know the minimum of how much remain to be paid so as to get the eligible night as well. Does anyone or Amy enlighten us on that?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by babyjohn123
Searched over the forum, I'm interested to know the minimum of how much remain to be paid so as to get the eligible night as well. Does anyone or Amy enlighten us on that?
It seems to be 10€ / night : I always got nights added to my account with this "rule", but I could not find any information about this on Accor website.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
It used to be 10 Euro, but in November, at a Ibis and paying less than 1 USD the night/stay posted correctly.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Claiming missing points

Resurrecting an earlier thread re points and partial points payments

I recently stayed in the Sofitel Melbourne.

I had 2 bookings - 1 for 8 days and all paid up front and a 2nd booking (to extend the original booking) for 1 day which had to be paid on departure.

On departure I used points to pay for most of the 1 day cost + and cash for the balance + other sundries (relating to the 8 day booking).

The points credited only relate to the cash I paid on departure and nothing has been credited for the separate 8 day booking.

I sent all the info, copy statements, copy booking info etc to Accor (using the link on their web page) and since then (about 5 weeks ago) - have heard..... precisely nothing!

Am I going to waste my time repeating the whole process again, or should I telephone CS, or should I contact the Sofitel Melbourne?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fbrj
Resurrecting an earlier thread re points and partial points payments

I recently stayed in the Sofitel Melbourne.

I had 2 bookings - 1 for 8 days and all paid up front and a 2nd booking (to extend the original booking) for 1 day which had to be paid on departure.

On departure I used points to pay for most of the 1 day cost + and cash for the balance + other sundries (relating to the 8 day booking).

The points credited only relate to the cash I paid on departure and nothing has been credited for the separate 8 day booking.

I sent all the info, copy statements, copy booking info etc to Accor (using the link on their web page) and since then (about 5 weeks ago) - have heard..... precisely nothing!

Am I going to waste my time repeating the whole process again, or should I telephone CS, or should I contact the Sofitel Melbourne?
This is the kind of situation where hotels rarely get it right, and this is so annoying. I am also still chasing after points in a similar situation (although less complex) from a stay in may.
Do not give up.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:41 pm

recent experience
incheck mail informed me no points in both cases
first booked with points and cash
points received for cash part
second prepaid
points for total sum
first more points then calculated second less then calculated
kees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.