Opinions on Shanghai Hotels

Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Opinions on Shanghai Hotels

I'm doing a stay in Shanghai in September and was wondering what posters here thought about the following:

- Pullman Shanghai Jing-an

- Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel.

I've seen the reviews for the Sofitel Shanghai Hyland but it seems to be a bit off the beaten track and I really want something quite central as I'm going to be doing the usual tourist stuff (and yeah, I'll probably do a trip to the Disney park as well just out of curiosity).

At the risk of being kicked out of this Forum for heresy - are the Pullmans better located than the Hiltons (and should I be looking at those instead)?

Many thanks in advance

1F
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
I'm doing a stay in Shanghai in September and was wondering what posters here thought about the following:

- Pullman Shanghai Jing-an

- Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel.

I've seen the reviews for the Sofitel Shanghai Hyland but it seems to be a bit off the beaten track and I really want something quite central as I'm going to be doing the usual tourist stuff (and yeah, I'll probably do a trip to the Disney park as well just out of curiosity).

At the risk of being kicked out of this Forum for heresy - are the Pullmans better located than the Hiltons (and should I be looking at those instead)?

Many thanks in advance

1F
Between those two choices, I would say Skyway is a better bet.

The Hilton's location trumps both though.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:08 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Is a Hilton a Pullman though, or rather a Sofitel class (in Shanghai). I which case I would propose the Hyland.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Is a Hilton a Pullman though, or rather a Sofitel class (in Shanghai). I which case I would propose the Hyland.
The Hilton isn't fancy, but, in addition to the superior location, it is much nicer than the Sofitel Hyland.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you want something central, there is nothing more central than Sofitel Hyland.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you want something central, there is nothing more central than Sofitel Hyland.
I can't agree with you on that point. Over the course of the past 20 years, I haven't had reason to go to that location more than 10 times. People's Square (nearby) is on my circuit occasionally (e.g. every 6 weeks or so), and is a major transport hub, but I wouldn't describe it as most "central" either simply because there's not much between there and the bund. 2-3 km west of there is "central" in my book.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by moondog
I can't agree with you on that point. Over the course of the past 20 years, I haven't had reason to go to that location more than 10 times. People's Square (nearby) is on my circuit occasionally (e.g. every 6 weeks or so), and is a major transport hub, but I wouldn't describe it as most "central" either simply because there's not much between there and the bund. 2-3 km west of there is "central" in my book.
We can certainly disagree (no problem ), but if you are in Shanghai for tourism, it is a perfect location. There are certainly other very good locations, but this one is top.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I tend to agree with Goldorak more. As a first time visitor in Shanghai, Sofitel Hyland's location is central in that you're basically at the Nanjing Walking Street, which is fascinating to first time visitors, very accessible to People's Square on one end and the Bund on the other which are both tourist spots. Underground train station not far off.For connectedness to highways and accessibility Hilton wins.

Room wise, of the three, (haven't stayed at Skyway), Pullman Jing An is the best furnished. Very comfortable bed and it just feels cosy. It also feels a lot more luxurious than Sofitel and Hilton. Breakfast wise both Hilton and Sofitel beat the Pullman JA.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Couldn't agree more. Besides that, it's easily accessible by subway + Maglev from the Pudong airport.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Many thanks all - sounds like I should go with the Sofitel then as the Accor property.

1F

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.