Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor can do Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Not quite possible. I got my triple sweet pillow points for my meals too.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Adding to this thread about Accor's Customer Service, I have experienced one excellent example of how service should be, albeit having to meander the varying channels of Accor bureaucracy first. Here is my experience.

What I wanted to do: I was stuck in the Philippines due to a typhoon in Hong Kong so I wanted to cancel an Accor Plus complimentary night in Hong Kong and use it for the Sofitel Manila that evening (flight delayed until next day). I had 2 complimentary nights for the following membership year but wanted to use the one night remaining from the current year by cancelling a booking.

Problem: There was no guarantee that the night would be recredited from the cancelled night in order to use immediately to book another night.

My customer service experience:
1. Went to Accor Plus to find the contact number: https://www.accorplus.com/en/other/contact and there wasn't a Hong Kong number so I called the China number. No English option. I chose Cantonese. A person answered and when she knew I was speaking English, decided to hang up on me.

2. I then called the Australia number and explained my situation about cancelling a night then rebooking with the Accor Plus complimentary night. I didn't want to do it online because I needed to check how long that night would take to be re-credited when I cancelled. The person in Australia said I needed to contact the reservations department to cancel a booking. I was transferred to an Indian call centre. They said they could cancel it for me but that they could only rebook for a 10USD fee (apparently this is a fee for booking hotel rooms by phone?!). He couldn't answer my question about how long it would take my free night to be recredited if I cancelled. So I asked if he could transfer back to Accor Plus Australia. He said he couldn't due to technical reasons.

3. I started again and called Accor Plus Australia. And this is where things got better. I spoke to JERRY (the only Jerry in the North Sydney call centre) and he was wonderful. He said that if I cancelled the free night for this current year and it didn't recredit then I could use one of the free nights from the next year and they would recredit it later. Given that reassurance, I ended the call and tried to cancel my booked night using the App. Unfortunately, it was 3 minutes past the cut off time for cancelling the complimentary night at that hotel - if I hadn't spent so long trying to solve the problem I would have been able to do it.

4. I called back Australia and asked to speak to Jerry. I got hold of him. He said that I should contact Pullman Park Lane Hong Kong directly and ask if they will still cancel. If they agree, ask for the cancellation reference number and call him back to give it to him. Then he will ask the hotel to refund Accor Plus at the end of the month and Accor Plus will then be able to recredit the night I used from the following year.

5. Called Pullman Park Lane and they agreed to cancel 5 minutes or so after the booking deadline.

6. Called Jerry in Australia back. Gave him the cancellation code.

7. I booked the Sofitel Manila using the App and the free night for the following membership year.

8. All sorted out and a few weeks later, my night was recredited.

And at the end of all this, Accor Plus Guangzhou, when they confirmed my night was recredited (I needed a follow-up e-mail) they said there was a Hong Kong number for Accor Plus!! But it's not on the website!

So after calling China x 1, India x 1, Australia x 4, I managed to get there. Accor's customer service is a complete mess of different departments in different places, reservations, Le Club, different Accor Plus branches who prefer to deal with their local customers etc (I couldn't find a local English-speaking person to help).

The good thing here: Jerry! I met a rare gem who was really friendly, understanding and tried to think outside of the box, all when I was stuck in another country because of a typhoon. I didn't want to pay over 200USD for the same room for an extra night so wanted to use my complimentary night - for once it was really useful!

If anyone from Accor Plus is out there, feel free to send my appreciation of Jerry's excellent customer service to the Sydney Accor Plus management team.

So Accor CAN do customer service but it's only the people we are talking about - the whole structure is a nightmare.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:27 am
cwl
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
I am currently up to 9 emails to Customer service, 11 emails to the 2 hotels and 1 phone call to customer service lasting 57 minutes simply to resolve some missing points.

After the above I appear no further forward.

CS advised me during the call it was my responsibility to contact the hotel as only the hotel can correct missing points.

All I receive from customer service if daft proforma emails which fail to address the issue ending with the standard "We look forward to welcoming you to one of our hotels soon" whilst doing as much as they can to drive me away by their inability to take a grip of the issue and resolve it.

The 57 minute phone call ended with the CS rep accepting that my points claim appeared valid and should be granted but still insisting on emails being sent before it happens.

CS blaming the hotel and claiming nothing they can do. The one hotel state in a email "According to Accor customer service, I’m regret to informed you that the hotel couldn’t cancel and renew the point as per term and condition transaction and be change or cancel maximum of 7 days after client’s check out." One of the hotel managers has however said she has escalated it with their local customer care team for referral to Paris.

The second hotel is simply silent.

The whole CS structure is dysfunctional and appears set to simply try up to wear down guests and avoid actually doing anything.

I could give up but it is 12,000 missing points and I'm determined not to let Accor get away with it simply due to their poor customer service systems.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Adding to this thread about Accor's Customer Service, I have experienced one excellent example of how service should be, albeit having to meander the varying channels of Accor bureaucracy first. Here is my experience.

What I wanted to do: I was stuck in the Philippines due to a typhoon in Hong Kong so I wanted to cancel an Accor Plus complimentary night in Hong Kong and use it for the Sofitel Manila that evening (flight delayed until next day). I had 2 complimentary nights for the following membership year but wanted to use the one night remaining from the current year by cancelling a booking.

Problem: There was no guarantee that the night would be recredited from the cancelled night in order to use immediately to book another night.

My customer service experience:
1. Went to Accor Plus to find the contact number: https://www.accorplus.com/en/other/contact and there wasn't a Hong Kong number so I called the China number. No English option. I chose Cantonese. A person answered and when she knew I was speaking English, decided to hang up on me.

2. I then called the Australia number and explained my situation about cancelling a night then rebooking with the Accor Plus complimentary night. I didn't want to do it online because I needed to check how long that night would take to be re-credited when I cancelled. The person in Australia said I needed to contact the reservations department to cancel a booking. I was transferred to an Indian call centre. They said they could cancel it for me but that they could only rebook for a 10USD fee (apparently this is a fee for booking hotel rooms by phone?!). He couldn't answer my question about how long it would take my free night to be recredited if I cancelled. So I asked if he could transfer back to Accor Plus Australia. He said he couldn't due to technical reasons.

3. I started again and called Accor Plus Australia. And this is where things got better. I spoke to JERRY (the only Jerry in the North Sydney call centre) and he was wonderful. He said that if I cancelled the free night for this current year and it didn't recredit then I could use one of the free nights from the next year and they would recredit it later. Given that reassurance, I ended the call and tried to cancel my booked night using the App. Unfortunately, it was 3 minutes past the cut off time for cancelling the complimentary night at that hotel - if I hadn't spent so long trying to solve the problem I would have been able to do it.

4. I called back Australia and asked to speak to Jerry. I got hold of him. He said that I should contact Pullman Park Lane Hong Kong directly and ask if they will still cancel. If they agree, ask for the cancellation reference number and call him back to give it to him. Then he will ask the hotel to refund Accor Plus at the end of the month and Accor Plus will then be able to recredit the night I used from the following year.

5. Called Pullman Park Lane and they agreed to cancel 5 minutes or so after the booking deadline.

6. Called Jerry in Australia back. Gave him the cancellation code.

7. I booked the Sofitel Manila using the App and the free night for the following membership year.

8. All sorted out and a few weeks later, my night was recredited.

And at the end of all this, Accor Plus Guangzhou, when they confirmed my night was recredited (I needed a follow-up e-mail) they said there was a Hong Kong number for Accor Plus!! But it's not on the website!

So after calling China x 1, India x 1, Australia x 4, I managed to get there. Accor's customer service is a complete mess of different departments in different places, reservations, Le Club, different Accor Plus branches who prefer to deal with their local customers etc (I couldn't find a local English-speaking person to help).

The good thing here: Jerry! I met a rare gem who was really friendly, understanding and tried to think outside of the box, all when I was stuck in another country because of a typhoon. I didn't want to pay over 200USD for the same room for an extra night so wanted to use my complimentary night - for once it was really useful!

If anyone from Accor Plus is out there, feel free to send my appreciation of Jerry's excellent customer service to the Sydney Accor Plus management team.

So Accor CAN do customer service but it's only the people we are talking about - the whole structure is a nightmare.
I’m glad you sorted this out, but what a pain !!!
when I read all those Accor+ stories and problems, I feel like you need a PhD in Accor+ to navigate around and survive in this environment
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I’m glad you sorted this out, but what a pain !!!
when I read all those Accor+ stories and problems, I feel like you need a PhD in Accor+ to navigate around and survive in this environment
I also think that maybe Accor employs those PhD to come up with tactics and strategies to frustrate all the loyal customers like us. Otherwise, why would any company deny you the points/credit stays which are all supposed to be posted automatically.

See the case of CWL who had to send up to 9 emails to Customer service, 11 emails to the 2 hotels and 1 phone call to customer service lasting 57 minutes simply to resolve some missing points.

The Customer Service is supposed to contact the hotel and track down the missing points and stays for you but instead they asked you to contact the hotel yourself and even said that it's your responsibility. Then why does the Customer Service Department exist in the first place? Employ these guys to sleep on the job or just to boost up the employment figures?

It's Truly Amazing Accor...^ Keep up the good work to drive all your best and loyal customers away.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:23 am
cwl
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Received the following email for Accor Hotels Customer Service today following my recent interaction with their team:

Sir, Madam

You have recently been in contact with AccorHotels Customer Service

Your feedback on how your request was processed is essential in helping us to improve our service. In order to better serve you, we would like to hear your opinion regarding the Accorhotels Customer Service.
Please grant us 3 minutes of your time to evaluate the quality of our service.

Click here to tell us all about it in just 6 questions:
link

Thank you for your loyalty !

Your AccorHotels team

So I responded letting therm know my opinion regarding Accor Hotels Customer Service

Being fair as I can to Accor after only 4 more emails they've finally credited me today with 10,152 of my missing points, plus the relevant hotel has credited me an additional 1000 ex-gratia points which I didn't ask for due to what they describe of the unacceptable customer service received.

Just 2000 points left to sort out Customer Service have asked me to send them my hotel invoices for this stay again today so they can investigate further (4th time I've sent all the invoices to CS in the last month).
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Very good to hear. Changes should be coming...

If I understand correctly, Silver and upwards will be handled by Jean Paul.

This may already be in transition.
I had a reply today from Accor CS coming from "customercaresortantFR@johnpaul.com" : first time for me
starflyergold and gilbertaue like this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:18 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I had a reply today from Accor CS coming from "customercaresortantFR@johnpaul.com" : first time for me
Only one year later than intended! But then again I was told that it would roll out in France first - so it may be the same useless CS just with a different email address.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
I've just had ~3400 rewards points and ~2400 status points 'regularised' (reversed) by the Accor App after having for the last 8 weeks trying to have my spend recognised.
Dozens of emails, started tweeting them as well - get the templated email saying my points have been applied.

It is an absolute joke.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Platinium members should now have acces to a dedicated Le Club Accorhotels customer care line, but I coudn't find this phone number anywhere on accorhotels.com

https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/c...index.en.shtml
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Platinium members should now have acces to a dedicated Le Club Accorhotels customer care line, but I coudn't find this phone number anywhere on accorhotels.com

https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/c...index.en.shtml
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The « premium WiFi, if existing » is also nice and rarely proposed by hotels. This can serve as a reminder for them.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Accor can't do Customer Service

I rented a car from Europcar giving my Accor card number.
Obviously, the points corresponding to this rental have not been added to my Accor account.
I tried to claim my points using the Accor website (https://all.accor.com/contact/index....ect=point-stay), but the link to the Europcar site is no longer valid (https://microsite.europcar.com/claim_miles/claim.html).
So I wrote to Accor customer service asking for the correct address for the Europcar site.

After more than a week I received this response:
"Thank you for contacting ALL - Accor Live Limitless customer service.
I am coming to you regarding your account.
In accordance with applicable regulations and for the sake of confidentiality and protection of your personal data, we must authenticate you in order to be able to respond to your request. Please respond to this email by completing the account information that is the subject of your request as displayed today. This measure is intended to protect you against a malicious request that would come from unauthorized third parties:
1.1. First name indicated on the account:
1.2. Name indicated on the account:
2. Email address indicated on the account:
3. Mailing address on the account AND / OR telephone number of the account AND / OR one of the last three stays credited to the account:
Once this information has been verified, we can proceed to the next step regarding your request
".

I was just asking to receive Europcar's internet address to make my complaint ...

During this time, I found the complaint form myself on the Europcar website and received a positive response from Europcar within 24 hours.

Guess who has the most efficient customer service ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.