Hotel Century Old Town Prague

Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Staying here for a few nights in Sept. for a conference. Reviews seem good and the renovated hotel pics look great! Not tried a MGallery hotel from the chain yet so very curious to give it a go. The one local to me here (Bath, UK) always looks good when I walk by it...

Looking forward to the stay and another visit to this great city. I've booked an exec room and will post an in-depth review with pictures afterwards.

If anyone is in Prague in Sept. and is interested in meeting up for a drink please do let me know and hopefully the dates overlap!

Safe travels.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:29 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Stayed 4 nights here recently and can generally confirm the previous reviews and comments. Not much to add to what has been said. Some pictures for those interested.

Booked an exec room as I knew this hotel was stingy on upgrades from previous reviews. Cash booking with some points used to reduce the overall cost. Told no upgrade at check-in (surprise!) and given a single drink voucher as compensation. (which says any drink but can only be used for a small beer, wine or soft drink). Expect no upgrades here it seems.

Hotel was great for location and for quality of the room and any area I visited, very nicely done. I'd stay again. Room was small (and that was the exec room so bigger than some!) but completely fine for a short stay and only one or two people. Storage was an issue as mentioned in a previous review as no drawers so unless you can hang items you will be hard pressed to figure out where to put items.

Bathroom was small but nicely done. Pressure of the water and the temperature of the water were only okay, not hot as I'd like it and not nearly as powerful as I'd want but it was okay.

Liked the bath amenities, felt and smelled good. Received a turn down service each night with a card showing the weather for the next day and a small praline on the bedside table. ^

Mini-bar was not free for me as a gold. I did have two 500 ml bottles of still water provided free in the room. Nice coffee machine in the exec rooms.

I liked the fact that there was a plug in by each side of the bed and the adjustable beside spot lights. You could get the room very dark with the curtains and I heard no noise (but was facing the side street and had an inner facing courtyard room so wouldn't expect any noise.

I ate breakfast each day in the hotel and it was good, not great but did the job. Plenty of space to sit and friendly staff to help out but a bit haphazard as more than once I was given a table and asked what I would like to drink for a hot drink and then went to get some food and every time I'd come back to find my seat taken by someone else, no coffee delivered when I did find a seat and so I can only recommend bringing something to indicate you are still there (a book, jacket or such) so that no one else takes your seat and that your drinks or anything you have just brought back to the table isn't cleaned up before you return! The hot items were a bit missing in my view but the continental items were excellent in both variety and in quality. The coffee machine is fine for regular coffee but for speciality coffees better to give it a miss and go elsewhere later to get a good milk variant coffee in my view.

I visited the bar most nights before heading out and ate in there twice. The staff was great and I liked the small bar space as it was looking out to the street but felt intimate so quite pleasant. The beer was good and the prices reasonable for a hotel and main city like Prague. I ate a club sandwich one night and that was very tasty and I can recommend it if you arrive late or simply want some quick comfort food, it comes with chips (french fries). I ate a cheese burger another night as I had a long day and simply couldn't be bothered to go out and that was terrible. I didn't finish it in fact and mentioned it to the staff who apologised. The burger patty was bulk purchased and although big, it was tasteless and the amount of fat that dripped off of it was incredible. A shame really. I did note that some other UK guests were able to order a meal from the main restaurant menu and have it delivered to the bar if you wanted to do that. The bar seemed to be boom or bust in terms of how busy it was, depending on the times you went. Pictures of the bar and two meals included below.

Check in was very good with a friendly staff member and no queue and they get the operations manager to come out and greet you personally as an Accor member. (a nice touch). Check out was completely the opposite with a long queue (just bad timing on my part as an aircrew had arrived to check in as well as a few guests checking out around 10:30) Of course, only one person doing the checking out and three people watching...finally after about 10 minutes the concierge started to help and that improved things a bit. You get a fridge magnet as a memento upon check out.

There was a little welcome amenity in the room and a card welcoming me to the hotel.

I used public transport to get to the hotel and get around during my stay and found that brilliant. The airport express bus service (less than GBP 2 each way) was a bargain and very efficient. I walked from where it drops one off at the train station to the hotel and that was only about 10 minutes walk (1 Km distance each way). The 72 hour card was also a bargain at GBP 11 for 72 hours of unlimited use of all buses, trams and such...(not the airport express though). As others have noted in notes on visiting Prague, just don't forget to stamp your ticket upon first use to validate it or you'll get a fine. There were stops for the tram and buses just down the road from the hotel in both directions so very convenient. Old town main tourist attactions such as the astronomical clock and Charles bridge are only about 15 minutes away by foot (around 1 Km) and there were plenty of restaurants and shopping venues in the immediate vicinity for those wondering as mentioned up the thread.

So finally, some pictures for those that find them of use!

Floor plan

View into room

View back to entrance

King bed

Night table, plug in and reading lamp

wardrobe, safe, etc...

welcome amenity

vanity area

shower area

bath amenities

free water

Nice coffee machine in exec room

Blue area is exec rooms area

general hallway area

Hedgehog bar from back of bar seating area

Hedgehog bar from street window towards back

club sandwich from bar menu

Cheeseburger that was not to be recommended

Part of the breakfast area (ground floor), to the left is the buffet area and a conservatory glassed seating area as well
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:17 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
BotB, thanks for your nice review. Looks a nice place but their loyalty recognition keeps me away from there. A few questions.

Originally Posted by BotB
Told no upgrade at check-in (surprise!) and given a single drink voucher as compensation. Expect no upgrades here it seems.
Did you challenge them at all or asked why didn't they give you an upgrade? Do you mean you received another drink voucher for compensation or did they call your Gold benefit as compensation?

Originally Posted by BotB
Mini-bar was not free for me as a gold. Nice coffee machine in the exec rooms..
So, which made the room an executive one? The coffee machine?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:04 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
BotB, thanks for your nice review. Looks a nice place but their loyalty recognition keeps me away from there. A few questions.

Did you challenge them at all or asked why didn't they give you an upgrade? Do you mean you received another drink voucher for compensation or did they call your Gold benefit as compensation?

So, which made the room an executive one? The coffee machine?
Hi wkndtraveler, thanks for the kind words.

Answers: No, I didn't challenge them and I didn't check on whether there was availability either as I needed to get to a conference and by the end of the day I had forgotten and just tried to move on so as to not spoil my time in Prague. I will say the hotel looked quite busy and there were plenty of meetings as well (KPMG for example) so assume many of the rooms were indeed taken. Also, as I was there for 4 nights I realise that sometimes it is not possible to get an upgrade for the duration of that stay. I had booked the minimum room I was willing to stay in. I do think this hotel is very popular due to the quality it offers for the price (compared to Hiltons for example or other chains). Not trying to defend them, simply saying I wasn't going to wind myself up further so simply enjoyed my time as best as I could.

Thanks for asking about the drink voucher, they did give me a second one as I did indeed get one as a gold member (so had two in total).

{EDIT} the subtle difference in the room appears to be:
-bigger room (20 m2 compared to 15 or 17 for classic or superior)
-sofa bed additionally (so 3rd person can sleep there)
-coffee machine (not sure about this one, maybe others can confirm / correct whether they had a illy machine in their room?)
-turn down service? (assuming that is not for all guests)

Safe travels.
wkndtraveler likes this.

Last edited by BotB; Sep 15, 2018 at 8:10 am Reason: checked differences between rooms on the hotel website.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:09 am

You're so easy. Good that you enjoyed. That's the most important of course.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Did we all miss this news?

https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/ac...e_2034210.html

Ownership/purchasing option fight around the MGallery Prague.

Julien
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by generikz

Julien

I'm staying there in march. I hope to not have bad surprise like the hotel leaving Accor.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by generikz

Julien
Originally Posted by Goldorak

I'm staying there in march. I hope to not have bad surprise like the hotel leaving Accor.
Don’t know about the status of this fight, but at the moment, everything is fine for Accor guests
Will post my full review within minutes.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Review MGallery Century Hotel Prague

Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery Collection

Na Porici 7 Prague 1 Prague, Czechia CZ

Review MGallery Century Hotel Prague (26 Photos)

C5FCC97E-F051-4216-8F9E-4F479D5719F2.jpe

This was my 2nd stay in this hotel, but the 1st one was 6 years ago. I was very impressed by the quality of the renovation that was done in between. Platinum recognition was also greatly improved since 1st stay. 

Check In

I had booked the airport transfer which is rightly priced at €25 so not hugely overpriced compared to regular transportation modes (very good point for this hotel as it is usual to see hotels overcharging that kind of service). As a comparison I paid 18€ for a Uber back to the airport. The hotel car was of course much nicer so I strongly recommend any guest staying there to not hesitate to book the transfer service. You can charge it to your room.

A nice feeling of being expected at check-in. Room was upgraded from executive king bed + sofa to Junior suite. A499518C-C794-4FF0-8241-05A49182AE01.jpe

Room

6EA8AF29-9BD5-4314-B2B1-56D5C85C6DE1.jpeA1046A7A-1744-4BC2-ADB8-65AB72C34A2A.jpe

Room was large. Very high ceilings with long elegant curtains. Please see pictures taken at night and during the day. It was at the far end of the corridor, so zero noise. Hotel was full but you had an impression of quietness walking in the empty corridors of this nice historical building. 

Only criticism I could make about the room would be the small bathroom, as already reported by previous stayers.

DFE0A38E-AB60-4798-9C36-944A24FE0C81.jpeA776FD25-6C2B-451F-852D-9A87F08497BD.jpe24A130BF-ED0C-437D-85DE-67F96A7745FF.jpeDE1DFFB9-5989-42A1-B641-F529B4BFCC18.jpe3F77EAD2-D6F6-4A46-A057-1CC0BAB2C45B.jpeCEBDDDC1-1526-4ABB-BBC9-3E73407BAE04.jpe9B266495-868D-40FD-80A6-594588636B03.jpe875E1C2D-FCB6-49C6-B530-82BA842AC4F6.jpe9D0F2AF2-6F05-43EC-86B2-D7C33820D6B7.jpe6609F150-45DA-4CDA-A4B3-2CFE726779C2.jpe33F7C4B0-0DA5-4A71-BA28-3686B31443D4.jpeA11C4292-1B96-43D6-909A-64915536ACA3.jpe5CF853BA-6950-4C32-9697-84BC18FED7E4.jpeF061457D-FD51-4059-969D-14D2B79627D4.jpe4642E7D0-F9D8-4EDF-A4D5-12327FC3839C.jpe9E3AC3D2-9847-4FDA-8F02-9146A3B6FFD5.jpeB3F3F0D0-B845-48A5-B6AB-B67B8584264E.jpeECEEF8CF-BA6C-4CEE-B226-5C39E9DAA122.jpe0FF7B67A-4560-4941-BD82-FC339772768E.jpe

Dining

Dinner once at the hotel restaurant which was not busy at all (contrarily to breakfast). Food was very good and cheap. 

63FEA4DC-5597-4C9C-99D7-21027706767A.jpeE6561B14-9DB9-4571-8636-F4CF70DE0641.jpe26ADBE41-0A09-42C4-B798-9DFD625DD395.jpe

Breakfast buffet was of very good quality

There is no lounge in this hotel

Overall

Overall, very good stay. Highly recommended hotel in Prague from which it is easy to reach all touristic attractions/areas. 

Review MGallery Century Hotel Prague

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery Collection?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:49 pm

One thing I really like about FT is that we can see photos and descriptions of hotels in far away places. Clearly there are many very beautiful hotels in Europe and some with magnificent scenery. I envy the FTers who travel all over the world (except for the airport experiences !)
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Highly recommended hotel in Prague from which it is easy to reach all touristic attractions/areas.
So the hotel is no longer stingy with the upgrade?

How about any other Accor hotel. Is this the hotel in Prague?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Hotel Century Old Town Prague review

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...fect-stay-3583
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:29 am

Great review, thanks nrouxel! Exemplary loyalty treatment.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 4:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery

Na Porici 7 Prague 1 Prague, Czechia CZ

Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery (17 Photos)

I had a 3 night stay at this hotel and I have to say it was very enjoyable. The hotel is located in a beautiful old grand building. It is beautifully decorated inside and still feels new since its renovation. IMG_1236.jpeg

Check In

IMG_1238.jpeg

I had booked an airport transfer through the hotel which cost 700CZK. The ride from the airport took approximately 25 minutes. Due to flight delays I arrived after midnight and as soon as I walked in the reception I was welcomed and greeted by name. Great feeling of being expected. 

Check-in was quick and efficient. I had booked a superior room and I was upgraded to an executive room on the top floor. Drink voucher was given but could not be used for cocktails. Very professional and friendly receptionist. 

I had also booked the airport transfer for my return flight early in the morning. Walking into the reception at 6am for checkout, the receptionist was clearly expecting me and had everything already done to ensure a quick checkout.

IMG_1231.jpeg

Room

IMG_1171.jpeg

Beautiful stairwell and corridors. 

IMG_1169.jpeg

IMG_1167.jpeg

The executive room was great and everything was clean, worked well and still felt new. Nicely decorated. My room was facing the courtyard which didn’t have the best view but it was quieter as you could barely hear any traffic or tram noise. My main complaint about the room was the AC, which seemed to be useless. The room was way too warm for my liking and the only way to get the temperature down was by opening the window.

IMG_1136.jpegIMG_1139.jpegIMG_1140.jpegIMG_1145.jpeg

Welcome amenity, welcome note, and 2 bottles of water.

IMG_1143.jpeg

Coffee machine and kettle. 

IMG_1146.jpeg

Bathrobe and slippers, Shoe horn and brush.IMG_1147.jpegIMG_1148.jpeg

There was also an umbrella in the closet, which came in handy as it was raining all throughout my stay. 

Bathroom

Clean and fairly nice bathroom. My only complaint apart from its size was the very weak water pressure in the shower. IMG_1131.jpegIMG_1132.jpeg

Cotton buds, Cotton pads, Nail file, Shower cap and Hairdryer.IMG_1149.jpeg

Reading some of the previous reviews, the bathroom amenities seem to have changed.

CODAGE PARIS Hand cleansing gel, Hand & Body lotion, Hair conditioner, and Body & Hair shower gel (Yes, 2 in 1.)

As others have mentioned, the location is excellent. 10 minute walk from Old town square. 2 min walk to a big shopping center further up the street. Tram and bus stops right outside. 

Overall

Overall it was a very good stay. The hotel is beautiful and kept in a very nice condition. The staff were very friendly and professional. They also recognised me and addressed me by name throughout the stay. I can highly recommend this hotel when visiting Prague, whether it is for business or tourism. 

Excellent location. Beautiful hotel. Good ALL recognition. Great rates. 

Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery Collection?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 25, 2022, 4:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Thank you for the review! The hotel looks beautiful, I hope to go there soon!
Arpoador likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.