Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Ibis Prague Old Town - A very pleasant stay!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:46 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold

ibis Praha Old Town

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

ibis Praha Old Town

Na Porici 5 Prague 1 Prague, Czechia CZ

Ibis Prague Old Town - A very pleasant stay! (2 Photos)

ibis Praha Old Town

I really liked this hotel, I booked in the buy 1 night and pay the same price for the next however many, I paid the same for 2 nights as I would have done for 1 and think I would have got the same rate for the next, it included breakfast which was a bonus for me travelling with a 6 month old now eating food

What really stood out for me in this hotel was the welcome gifts I found on arrival in my room, I've never felt so welcome in an Ibis (or most Accor hotels for that matter), i'm fairly sure the photos can speak for themselves!1_ibis prague.jpg1_ibis prague 2.jpg

Check In

This was fairly good, did have to ask about a drinks voucher but she had one with my name on it so I think I jumped the gun, there's nothing worse than having to ask only to watch them fill it in, I'd checked in online so that no doubt helped

Room

Standard Ibis really, bed was comfortable, bathroom was a good size and it had a better shower than I think i've seen in any Ibis

On the middle day of our stay my son was sleeping at the time the house keeping came round, I needed the bin emptied and the sheet changing, between myself and housekeeping what was needed was able to be carried out without waking him, not bad considering it was all mime!

Service

The bar was good, unfortunately it was only open on the first night of my stay as they were renovating the floor, previously they'd been renovating the floor of the restaurant so I didn't mind so much, I just made sure to use my drinks voucher on the first night!

Dining

I had breakfast included in my rate, I really enjoyed the food offering as did my 6 month old, the hot food offering wasn't that impressive, i've seen better in an Ibis but the continental breakfast offering was good and food/drink was replenished quickly as needed, because of the bar being renovated the evening options were limited, although they did have a 24hr snack corner

I liked that the timing for breakfast was decent, while the hot breakfast offering had a set time (from memory 0630-1030) which in itself is decent enough, the continental offering was 0430-1200 so plenty of option for early and late risers :-)

Location worked well for us being on a tram route, meant too that could shop for essentials (snacks, drink) on the cheaper scale and then venture on to see the best sights Prague has to offer but i'm sure people will agree isn't particuarly cheap, the hotel was able to provide a map which was very handy, unfortunately my sense of direction is appalling and it seemed I spent more time getting lost!

Overall

I'd come to this hotel again if I happened to be in Prague, they had more of an idea of reminding people why it's nice to have status with Accor (am Plat) and certainly made me feel very welcome

Would you like to write a review on the ibis Praha Old Town?

No, thank you.
Yes
JTCz likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for the review. Indeed the welcome gift you received put any other Ibis hotel a shame. Another demonstration that when professional people run properly an hotel, they can make their customer happy, and particularly the ones holding status ^
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:05 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I stayed in this hotel last October. I did not get the champagne but they gave me a box of chocolate and put me on the top floor which I think is a rejuvenate room. Room is rather small compare to the next door MGallery. But I think it is quite ok.

I told that that there was no facial tissue in the room. The next morning the housekeeper knock at my door with a stack of tissue.

I out no cleaning sign which suppose to earn me 200 points or something but nothing posted to my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.