Search

Accor Plus - Stay Plus redemption guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: accor
Accor Plus - Stay Plus redemption guide

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking to use my stay plus since its going to expired on 31st Jan 2017, I am a Platinum member, so recently I stayed in Pullman Jakarta Central Park with my stay plus, to my surprise no Platinum benefit at all, no room upgrade, no lounge access, I said "OK but at least can you give me premium internet access?" the respond was "sorry since you are staying with stay plus voucher, we cant give you anything". I believe we all want a better return for our money invested in accor plus which include our stay plus. I read from the forum some have better experiences in redeeming the voucher which lead to the purpose of this thread. Please post where did you stay using your stay plus, your status level, and any status acknowledge during stay.

Hotel Name:

Le Club Status:

Status Recognize:

Welcome drink:

Room upgrade:

Lounge access:

Premium Internet:
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

I will start

Hotel Name: Pullman Central Park Jakarta

Le Club Status:Platinum

Status Recognize: FD thanks me for being platinum member, being told no platinum benefit for using stay plus.

Welcome drink: Yes

Room upgrade:NO

Lounge access:NO

Premium Internet:NO
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:03 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I don't think this thread will get a lot of activity - but anyways, no harm.

To not offer an upgrade is for a Stay Plus night is correct - that's normal and wouldn't surprise me.
However to not receive access to the lounge as a Plat is a bit of a slap to the face.

I stay at this property a lot and will be there again soon. Let me check if that is normal. I know they treat members very well there normally and don't shy away from granting even lower silver or classic members lounge access occasionally if the member appears to be frequent guests in future.

I normally redeem my Stay Plus in Australia at one of the Sofitels as I feel that gives best value for money. And I have not been denied access to the lounge on a voucher stay.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Hi Gilbertaue,

I joined A+ last year, so its my first time using my stay plus, and yes, indeed got denied all benefit is quite a surprise. I chose Pullman CP because I thought it would be better value because of the lounge offering, but too bad I do not know about the policy in advance.

hopefully you can clarify with them, I did my stay last week and FD was very apologetic that its hotel policy and she cant do anything even to give premium internet is not possible.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
Hotel Name: Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa
Le Club Status: Gold
Status Recognize: greet and farewell by GM in person, deluxe fruit plate (i had another two paid nights in special price, the fruits were not as good as the redeemed night)
Welcome drink: yes
Room upgrade: Yes
Lounge access: No
Premium Internet: No

Hotel Name: The Park lane Hong Kong a Pullman Hotel
Status Recognize: Letter from GM, fruit plate
Welcome drink: welcome drink voucher x2

Hotel Name: Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
Status Recognize: Letter from GM, fruit plate
Welcome drink: welcome drink voucher x2

Hotel Name: Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
Le Club Status: Silver
Status Recognize: a box of chocolate
Welcome drink: welcome drink voucher x 2
Room upgrade: No

Hotel Name: Pullman Sydney Hyde Park
Le Club Status: Silver
Status Recognize: No
Welcome drink: welcome drink voucher x 2
Room upgrade: No
Old Jan 26, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by ququin
Hi everyone,

I have been thinking to use my stay plus since its going to expired on 31st Jan 2017, I am a Platinum member, so recently I stayed in Pullman Jakarta Central Park with my stay plus, to my surprise no Platinum benefit at all, no room upgrade, no lounge access, I said "OK but at least can you give me premium internet access?" the respond was "sorry since you are staying with stay plus voucher, we cant give you anything". I believe we all want a better return for our money invested in accor plus which include our stay plus...
That came as a big surprise for me - and I thank you so much for sharing this. As it happens I did book there - Pullman Jakarta Central Park - using Stay Plus for Thursday night next week. They always treated me well so I assumed this time would not be different.

After I read your post, I called the hotel to confirm this and to ask about my reservation. They did confirm that there will be no platinum benefits conferred at all for bookings using Stay Plus. I even tried to get granted access to the club lounge only - mentioning that I've stayed there twice before and this time we'd only need the room from around 4pm to 8am in the morning. After consulting the duty manager, the answer is still no. Needless to say, I cancelled the reservation.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
To not offer an upgrade is for a Stay Plus night is correct - that's normal and wouldn't surprise me.
However to not receive access to the lounge as a Plat is a bit of a slap to the face.

I stay at this property a lot and will be there again soon. Let me check if that is normal. I know they treat members very well there normally and don't shy away from granting even lower silver or classic members lounge access occasionally if the member appears to be frequent guests in future.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I called Pullman Jakarta Central Park directly to ask what will happen to my reservation and they did confirm beyond any doubt that no benefit whatsoever will be given for my Stay Plus booking. Upon my persuasion, they talked with the duty manager for one single benefit - lounge access. Not even early check in or late check out. Even after talking to the duty manager, the result is still negative - they won't budge an inch.

The last person I spoke to gave me the "Accor Plus tells hotels not to give any benefit to elites booking with Stay Plus". I countered him saying that for all my 3 previous bookings using Stay Plus, the respective hotels have always treated me very generously with upgrades, plentiful gifts etc. He gave the "Really?" and asked where these were. I told him Pullman Bali, Pullman Da Nang Beach Resort and Sofitel Auckland. Even then he still insisted that it's a rule from Accor Plus that made them not being able to grant me any benefit whatsoever.

(By the way, my Accor Plus agent asked her supervisor about this. The supervisor confirmed that as per Accor Plus rules elite benefits don't need to be granted on Stay Plus nights. However, it's up to the discretion of each hotel if they would want to grant benefits as they see fit. I take this as another lie given to me by Pullman Jakarta Central Park.)

Oh well, they were great before but this is a sour notch for this hotel in my books. Again, I'm just glad I got to know this before my (now cancelled) stay next week. I might still book there in the future if rates are good (not using Stay Plus!), but all the more reason to prefer Pullman Jakarta Indonesia on very central Thamrin street vs suburban feel Central Park area.

Last edited by FGunawan; Jan 26, 2017 at 5:42 am
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:09 am

And all the more reason to lighten down on Accor and double down on SPG and Hilton
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I don't think this thread will get a lot of activity - but anyways, no harm.

I normally redeem my Stay Plus in Australia at one of the Sofitels as I feel that gives best value for money. And I have not been denied access to the lounge on a voucher stay.

I never denied the benefit when staying with complimentary night.

This is not a "free" night. The hotel get paid on the stay from A+ (marginal probably), hence there is no reason for not given the benefit for member.

To OP, if I were you, I will write a complaint to the GM.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by FGunawan
As I mentioned in the previous post, I called Pullman Jakarta Central Park directly to ask what will happen to my reservation and they did confirm beyond any doubt that no benefit whatsoever will be given for my Stay Plus booking. Upon my persuasion, they talked with the duty manager for one single benefit - lounge access. Not even early check in or late check out. Even after talking to the duty manager, the result is still negative - they won't budge an inch.

The last person I spoke to gave me the "Accor Plus tells hotels not to give any benefit to elites booking with Stay Plus". I countered him saying that for all my 3 previous bookings using Stay Plus, the respective hotels have always treated me very generously with upgrades, plentiful gifts etc. He gave the "Really?" and asked where these were. I told him Pullman Bali, Pullman Da Nang Beach Resort and Sofitel Auckland. Even then he still insisted that it's a rule from Accor Plus that made them not being able to grant me any benefit whatsoever.

(By the way, my Accor Plus agent asked her supervisor about this. The supervisor confirmed that as per Accor Plus rules elite benefits don't need to be granted on Stay Plus nights. However, it's up to the discretion of each hotel if they would want to grant benefits as they see fit. I take this as another lie given to me by Pullman Jakarta Central Park.)

Oh well, they were great before but this is a sour notch for this hotel in my books. Again, I'm just glad I got to know this before my (now cancelled) stay next week. I might still book there in the future if rates are good (not using Stay Plus!), but all the more reason to prefer Pullman Jakarta Indonesia on very central Thamrin street vs suburban feel Central Park area.
Can you ask you agent to point where this rules from? Ask him/her to provide in black and white or refer where this clause in T&C.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:02 am

And all the more reason to lighten down on Accor and double down on SPG and Hilton
Fully agree with you. I am now wait and see what will happen to SPG/Marriott next year.

I kind of star like Hilton now adays.

Perhaps this year may be the last year I renew my A+. I need to flush out all my Le Club points this year
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:50 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lingua101
Fully agree with you. I am now wait and see what will happen to SPG/Marriott next year.

I kind of star like Hilton now adays.

Perhaps this year may be the last year I renew my A+. I need to flush out all my Le Club points this year
Not much choice to follow Hilton/Starwood if your travel plans are in an area of small footprints for those chains, Accor is 10x the hotels in Australia of both Hilton/Starwood combined for instance.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kcl0203
Hotel Name: Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa
Status Recognize: greet and farewell by GM in person, deluxe fruit plate (i had another two paid nights in special price, the fruits were not as good as the redeemed night)
Welcome drink: yes
for both lounge access and premium wifi, you should put "not applicable" rather than "no", as there is no lounge and no premium wifi available in this property.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

That came as a big surprise for me - and I thank you so much for sharing this...
no problem bro. which is the reason I started this thread, to know which property to avoid and which one give us better value for our stay plus.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:20 pm

BTW, what do you mean by Premium Internet? My last stay at Sofitel Nusa dua, I thought premium internet is free, I did call to enquiry and after checking the staff confirm it is free.

But upon check out, I saw the charges, luckily enough, I did not connect to this premium internet most of the time, as the signal is very weak. After making a "complain" they waived it off.

so does Platinum get Premium Internet or not by default? BTW, it is a paid stay not free or comp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.