Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai- Not an MGallery Standard Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton D, SPG G
Smile Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai- Not an MGallery Standard Hotel

Hi -

I'm planning to reserve Veranda (Mgallery) for my next stay in Chiang Mai of Thailand. As I hold Accor Plat status, not sure if they will offer me a room upgrade?

What I found on the map, the hotel is far away from the downtown, is that realistic for me to rent a motor to shuttle between downtown and hotel.

Please share me more about this hotel if you have the experience before. Or if you have the better hotel choice in Chiang Mai.

New to Flyertalk, thanks for your comment.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights this year in march. It's a very nice hotel in a beautiful landscape. And yes it's far outside of Chiang Mai, so a motobike or even better a rental car is needed if you don't want to stay inside the hotel all the time.

I'm a Platinum Member myself, but I can't tell you anything about possible upgrade, because we booked a Jacuzzi Pavillion through a german tour operator. This way it was much cheaper then through accorhotels.com or the hotel website.

Here are some videos from our stay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwu-tsEuF_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TJYF2mdMmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYZHXyVeUrY
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton D, SPG G
Originally Posted by olisch
My wife and I stayed there for 3 nights this year in march. It's a very nice hotel in a beautiful landscape. And yes it's far outside of Chiang Mai, so a motobike or even better a rental car is needed if you don't want to stay inside the hotel all the time.

I'm a Platinum Member myself, but I can't tell you anything about possible upgrade, because we booked a Jacuzzi Pavillion through a german tour operator. This way it was much cheaper then through accorhotels.com or the hotel website.

Here are some videos from our stay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TJYF2mdMmQ

Appreciate your reply olisch. I was planning to book the normal king bed room.
Really interested in knowing your German tour operator booking way...

Last edited by starflyergold; Oct 28, 2012 at 9:37 am
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:38 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Le Club Accorhotels forum jonzyw ^
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by jonzyw
Really interested in knowing your German tour operator booking way...
It was booked from Meiers Weltreisen
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
I am considering a stay here in either a jacuzzi or plunge pool pavilion. Any thoughts on which is the better one? We do like to lounge in the sun and is it correct that the hotel only have 5 sunbeds by the pool?? Is it possible to lounge in the sun of the deck of any of the pavilions?

Cheers
SASDC8
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by SASDC8
Any thoughts on which is the better one?
Imho not much difference. It's up to if you prefer jacuzzi over plunge pool or vice visa

We do like to lounge in the sun and is it correct that the hotel only have 5 sunbeds by the pool??
They don't have many, but more than 5 sunbeds. Just take a look

Is it possible to lounge in the sun of the deck of any of the pavilions?
Yes, should be possible at plunge pool pavillions, definately not possible at jacuzzi pavillion

Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Excellent videos. Thank you olisch. How far is it from the city? It is either this hotel or the Chedi in Chiang Mai. Will stay at the Veranda in Hua Hin though, and of course out favorite So Sofitel in Bangkok
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:32 pm

How far is it from the city?
20 to 30 minutes by car
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:02 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold

Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery by Sofitel

192 Moo2 Banpong Hangdong Chiang MAI,, Thailand

Not an MGallery Standard Hotel (8 Photos)

Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery by Sofitel

We arrived from Lodnon, via Osl, Doha and Bangkok, cheap fare :)

Picked up our hire car and a quick and easy 30 minute drive and we arrived at the hotel.

Parked up and then buggy came to drive us to recpetion, which I thought would be far, but was only few metres, could have walked.

First impressions are very good, wide open reception with great views across green mountains.

Check in was mixed.  I had emailed them before hand to advise of early check in, no reply or noted on check in.  Told room would be ready around 1400, we arrived at 1200. 

Also no note of Platinum membership.  I had to ask what do we get?  Was given drinks voucher, only valid for one type of cocktail.  No upgrade.  Hotel full.  They said they only regognise AccorPlus.  Nonsense.

Request quiet room, tried to give me middle floor, middle room.  Asked for top floor, and was given this, still middle room.

After an hour wait, room was ready.  We decided to go and walk.

Room

Room was set in main block a short walk from recepton.  It does indeed over look the mountains.

Large area, with open bathroom with huge bath and walk in shower.  T/C and plenty bottle water + mini bar.  Seating area and work desk + massive bed, super king.  Nice small balcony with couple chairs, but not very private.

Also you over look one of the restaurants, which was closed when we were there for a corporate party.  You get all the noise from the party as it is open air, so bear that in mind if any events on.

No welcome letter or amenity.

Also in brochures, there was special offer if you get someone to buy one of the apartments they have, valid for October 2008!

IMG_5567.JPGIMG_5571.JPGIMG_5572.JPGIMG_5575.JPGIMG_5576.JPGIMG_5577.JPGIMG_5578.JPGIMG_5579.JPG

Service

General service was good.  Staff in restaurants were very friendly and polite

Dining

Food was good.  Had couple meals, and good quality, and fair price.

Breakfast was good selection and plenty.  The restaurant is not very big though.

Near enough airport and attractions, but it is in countryside so feels peaceful.

Overall

Not up to standard of MyGallery and not worth the money - £338 for 2 nights, and that was on a sale rate.

It is worn, there is loose cables, bits of building falling apart, just a bit run down.

Can be noisy, as we had neighbours with screaming children and soundproofing is poor.  Does not make for a relaxing stay and the noise from corporate events was not good either.

Small pool, with only limited chairs, so no chance to relax at all.  there is smaller pool which is quiet down by the apartments which you can use.

Good gym.

Overall, would not return, plenty better hotels around. Shame it could be very nice.

Not an MGallery Standard Hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery by Sofitel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I stayed there in Nov 16 and had a totally different experience. I was upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite. The hotel wasn't full. Service at the restaurant and pool was great. Food was also excellent. Yes, a little old and maybe time for a refresh, but I think it was still ok. I spoke the the Asst Executive Manager - nice and friendly chap.

Yes, only one type of cocktail for welcome drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.