New offer : 3 stays 6000 points

Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Originally Posted by winkny
I think they count the time of the hotel you book not where you are located.
This has been my experience with Private Sales, so I wouldn't be surprised if promotions were consistent with this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by winkny
I think they count the time of the hotel you book not where you are located.
In reference to my earlier posts, to which the above was the latest response, I have been trying to "query" this with Accor Support Services - but with very little success - in fact, when I say success, I mean response.
They did respond to my initial "missing points" query - but that was only to confirm my booking was made on Oct 8 (promo window ended on Oct 7) - but since then I've gone back to explain the situation. I don't remember there being anything in the t&c about this. I do think that maybe if I had a think about it, it would make logical sense - but clearly most people just assume the date is the date where they reside.
In terms of similar conditions being applicable to Private sales, the big difference there is that you know what you're getting when you book. If a sale ended on 7 Oct, and I was booking 15 mins into the next day (in the country where I'm staying) then presumably the Private Sale rate wouldn't show and it'd be my choice to book at the rate available or not. With a promo like this, I book in good faith. Three separate hotels. Three two night stays. To get the bonus points. Then when it's all over, no points. On what might be described as a very fragile technicality. Do we still have Amy on here to assist? Do Accor Support have a telephone number? Or is it all done via email/website messaging, and I just have to sit and wait. I have read on here that others have reported that any response is painfully slow.

Many thanks for any help or advice.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by barafear799
In reference to my earlier posts, to which the above was the latest response, I have been trying to "query" this with Accor Support Services - but with very little success - in fact, when I say success, I mean response.
They did respond to my initial "missing points" query - but that was only to confirm my booking was made on Oct 8 (promo window ended on Oct 7) - but since then I've gone back to explain the situation. I don't remember there being anything in the t&c about this. I do think that maybe if I had a think about it, it would make logical sense - but clearly most people just assume the date is the date where they reside.
In terms of similar conditions being applicable to Private sales, the big difference there is that you know what you're getting when you book. If a sale ended on 7 Oct, and I was booking 15 mins into the next day (in the country where I'm staying) then presumably the Private Sale rate wouldn't show and it'd be my choice to book at the rate available or not. With a promo like this, I book in good faith. Three separate hotels. Three two night stays. To get the bonus points. Then when it's all over, no points. On what might be described as a very fragile technicality. Do we still have Amy on here to assist? Do Accor Support have a telephone number? Or is it all done via email/website messaging, and I just have to sit and wait. I have read on here that others have reported that any response is painfully slow.

Many thanks for any help or advice.
I found this an interesting question and had a look into it (disclaimer: I am not a lawyer). The international principles for commercial contracts (UNIDROIT) do state in Article 1.12: The relevant time zone is that of the place of business of the party setting the time, unless the circumstances indicate otherwise.

Other sources suggest that it is best to eliminate this ambiguity by clearly stating in the agreement what time zone is applicable. Which Accor does not do in the General T&Cs, in the LeClub T&Cs or in the the T&Cs for any (now current offer). The only time they mention the time zone is in the T&Cs for the Room Guarantee when they indeed state that it is the hotel's local time that is applicable. You might be able to argue based on the contra proferentem rule, defined in Article 4.6 as: If contract terms supplied by one party are unclear, an interpretation against that party is preferred.

That is, if you can argue that it is unclear what time zone is applicable, your interpretation is the one that should be used. But I'd think you'd have a tough time getting Accor customer service to agree to that.

On your question, Accor customer service does have a phone number (020 120 3000). It is not even hidden like for many other businesses, but displayed clearly on the Support page. However, my experience with the phone line is that they tell you that they will get back to you shortly, and they never do.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:30 am

Nander> Many thanks for your extensive response.

Clearly, over 6000 points, I am unlikely to want to take them to court and just hope that either they see sense or they make a gesture of goodwill. Afterall, I will only be spending the 6000 points with them anyway (and more on top - as I'll be unlikely to find a room to exaclty 120 Euros!).

In the meantime (i.e. after I posted on here), I did receive an email from them (I had chased them up several times). The gist of the email was:

I would like to inform you that I have already contacted our operation department to investigate the case.

As per the booking on our system, the date and time when it was made is at 12:13 am on the 08/10/2018, and I do understand that as per your local time it was the 07/10/2018 just after 11 pm.

So our operations team is the one which will decide the eligibility of the booking.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
It's still pretty mean given that they never clearly state the cut-off time in their Terms and Conditions. If it's CET and you're booking from the West Coast of the USA, then you'd have been too late booking at 4pm on the (to you) 7th.

Given that it is only thirteen minutes late using their undisclosed time zone, they could have made a gesture. But that's something a call/email based 'care' centre never does.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:54 pm

I'm still waiting. Maybe the Operations Team is having their Christmas party.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:02 am

just checked - and I have been credited with 3000 points - not sure whether I will be getting the other 3000 - haven't had any email to explain
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I had an issue with this promotion posting earlier this year as well and after calls into the Morocco call centre that provided 'we will look into it' resposes, I escalated in an email that was actioned by the Canadian-based former Fairmont agents who initially denied that this promo existed, then that I had not registered. After additional back and forth over many weeks, I was provided with the missing points, but it just adds to the long list of Accor failures when it comes to customer service.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:45 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Just finished with this promotion a week ago. The regular points for my stays have been credited. In general how long does it take for the 6000 points to be credited to the account?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sfo
Just finished with this promotion a week ago. The regular points for my stays have been credited. In general how long does it take for the 6000 points to be credited to the account?
normally I have always had regular points and bonus points at the same time. (That, for all the promotions)

in my opinion, if the bonus points are not credited togheter with regular points it means something hasn’t worked correctly in the system

I suggest you to fill the form for missing points (if it works) or take contact with CC if you can’t see your bonus points in 1-2 days
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
3 stays for up to 7,500 points

New boost point offer up to 7,500 points!

Book 5-28 Feb 2019
Stay 15-feb to 11-june-2019

Book min 2 nights / stay,
1st stay = 500 Rewards points
2nd stay = 2,500 Rewards points
3rd stay = 3,000 Rewards points

500 extra points per stay for those booked before 12 February.

https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/promotions-offers/bonus-offers/owm010040-001-boost-your-rewards-points.en.shtml
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
jiunsoh - Thank you for posting. As usual, a rather narrow booking window (23 days) for a 4 month promotion. No need to register that I can see.
tris06 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
I see from the terms & conditions that you won't earn the extra points if you pay for any part of a booking with Rewards points.

And term 12 suggests that trying to stack it with any other deal will exclude the extra points from being granted:
"12. This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotional benefits and does not apply to groups. If your stay meets the terms and conditions for several offers, only the Rewards points linked to the most advantageous offer (i.e. the offer that earns you the highest number of Rewards points) will be credited to your account".

Does anyone know for certain that the extra points will clash with something like the "Accor Summer Offer" ($25 discount, $1 breakfast, refundable booking)? If I book some Australian hotels via the points promotion, one of the rates I'm offered is the Accor Summer Offer. I'm hoping term 12 really just means that you can't benefit from 2 different points promotions at the same time.

Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Beckett66
I see from the terms & conditions that you won't earn the extra points if you pay for any part of a booking with Rewards points.

And term 12 suggests that trying to stack it with any other deal will exclude the extra points from being granted:
"12. This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotional benefits and does not apply to groups. If your stay meets the terms and conditions for several offers, only the Rewards points linked to the most advantageous offer (i.e. the offer that earns you the highest number of Rewards points) will be credited to your account".

Does anyone know for certain that the extra points will clash with something like the "Accor Summer Offer" ($25 discount, $1 breakfast, refundable booking)? If I book some Australian hotels via the points promotion, one of the rates I'm offered is the Accor Summer Offer. I'm hoping term 12 really just means that you can't benefit from 2 different points promotions at the same time.

Thanks.
point offer can stack with "discount offer", no issue.

The summer offer is considered as discount offer
Beckett66 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by Beckett66

Thanks.
As long as the other offer is a points offer, it will not clash.
Beckett66 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.