Search

Please Help, accor plus status problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: accor
Please Help, accor plus status problem

Hi Everyone,

I am accor plus member, join in 2016 January, and then reach platinum by july/August 2016, so by the new system I should have my platinum status till Jan 2018, or at least July/August 2017. but yesterday (7 Jan 2017) I just renew my accor plus membership and now my status become gold. Please help guys. should I contact Amy? I got 2 nights stay tomorrow and without platinum status i wont have access to lounge.

update: recalculate my stay, by night I reach platinum in July 2016 in accor old system. for the whole 2016 year i earn 25900 points.

what I have done so far:
pm AccorHotels Concierge, email both accorhotel and accor plus, contact my accor plus membership contact. no one replied yet.

Last edited by ququin; Jan 7, 2017 at 6:45 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

You should contact Accor Plus. That will give you a faster reply
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:14 am

Angry

I also made 26500 points last Year and also expected platinum status for 2017
My membership ends january 2017 so I wanted to renew.

Now they are caculating according to the New rules and fall back to silver status
With 1840 points instead of the 26500. If I had no Accorplus membership I would have platinum in 2017

Goodbye Accor
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:33 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TVS01

Now they are caculating according to the New rules and fall back to silver status
With 1840 points instead of the 26500. If I had no Accorplus membership I would have platinum in 2017

Goodbye Accor
The systems are not well linked. So if you are sure you made 26,500 points last year, send Accor+ an email and explain the situation the them.
That is the assurance I was given by A+ when I queried this last year.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond

Your status should be calculated on either the previous calendar year or the current year. So, I would have thought you should still be platinum, if you had earned >25,000 points in 2016.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Goodbye Accor
Hi TVS01, first of all I am sorry for you too since I still got the gold. lucky for me I book my stay (9 January 2017) when I was platinum and check in online on (6th January 2017) when I still got my platinum status so this stay I still got platinum treatment. however until this very moment, I havent got any reply from accorplus and accorhotels ( I emailed both). please share if your problem has been rectify. I have been in contact with accorplus marketing that in touch with me, but so far nothing he can do. he only asked me to wait for accor to reply my email. I was like .... but nothing I can do either. any other suggestion or contact that we can email directly to? any help is very much appreciated. many thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:29 am
Original Poster

new update,

finally got a reply today after receive new email address from my accorplus contact, however still nothing on the status. the reply are as follow,

"
Dear

Warmest greeting from Accor Plus Indonesia
Thank you for contacting Accor Plus Member Service

Kindly, first of all we will investigate that.

Once we receive confirmation we will inform you.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Member Service

Best Regards,

"

will update again when they have more helpful respond.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:07 am

Hello ququin

We have been in contact with Accor plus and nothing has changed. They still divide the points from 2016 as status and reward point according the new rules as from 2017. We cancelled our membership as they make up there own rules now. I hope you have a better outcome
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

now having going through my account, no matter how see it I should retain my platinum status,
base on old system: achieve July 2016 + 365 days = platinum renew at July 2017 (however we are migrating to new system). which still Platinum status

base on calendar year: 1/1/2016 - 31/12/2016 (365 days) I earn 25900 points hence platinum status

base on accor plus calendar year which is january,and it not even end yet (my member end 31st January) so 1 year would be: 1/2/2016-31/1/2017 (365 days): which Jan 2017 not even end yet and including this stay (9th-11th Jan) i already have 65 nights, and probably will be over 70th night if this case does not happen. hence still platinum status.

base on the new system, all status upgrade on the previous year will be carried to the following year, status achieve July 2016, carry on until Jan 2018. hence: still platinum status

so until this moment, I only enjoy my platinum status for roughly 6 months. and now I become gold?

unbelievable.

I have given all this fact to accor concierge and the accor plus representative that replied my email. I believe they can confirm all my claims and hope that they can rectify the problem soon. will update again when they replied my email.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by ququin
Hi Everyone,

I am accor plus member, join in 2016 January, and then reach platinum by july/August 2016, so by the new system I should have my platinum status till Jan 2018, or at least July/August 2017. but yesterday (7 Jan 2017) I just renew my accor plus membership and now my status become gold. Please help guys. should I contact Amy? I got 2 nights stay tomorrow and without platinum status i wont have access to lounge.

update: recalculate my stay, by night I reach platinum in July 2016 in accor old system. for the whole 2016 year i earn 25900 points.

what I have done so far:
pm AccorHotels Concierge, email both accorhotel and accor plus, contact my accor plus membership contact. no one replied yet.
Just wonder those 25,900 are status points or rewards points? I bet it is rewards points.

I am very interested to know the outcome.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Hi lingua, yea it is reward points but it is still 2016. They said new system started 2017 so 25900 still over 25000 for 2016 year qualification. I do whatever I can to meet the platinum qualification, however if they started to use 2017 new system for 2016 without prior notice than that is unbelievable. More over who would stay over 60 nights a year to enjoy only less than 6 month platinum and knowing he would get downgrade to gold? This is frustrating.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hi lingua, yea it is reward points but it is still 2016. They said new system started 2017 so 25900 still over 25000 for 2016 year qualification. I do whatever I can to meet the platinum qualification, however if they started to use 2017 new system for 2016 without prior notice than that is unbelievable. More over who would stay over 60 nights a year to enjoy only less than 6 month platinum and knowing he would get downgrade to gold? This is frustrating.
This is what I have been ranting about since last Aug/Sep. You can see the other threat.

I think this is really unfair. We are being punished for being A+ member.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lingua101
This is what I have been ranting about since last Aug/Sep. You can see the other threat.

I think this is really unfair. We are being punished for being A+ member.
yeah very unfair however in my defense if they started the new system for 2016 then I have to still be platinum too since any status upgrade during the year period will be carry over to the next membership year. So no matter how i see it I should still a platinum.

update: do not receive any reply today.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Just receive a call from accor plus indonesia membership, her name is Shanty.

she confirm that I reach platinum in July 2016. now she said the reason that I got downgrade to gold because she count that from July 2016-31st December 2016 i do not reach 60 nights that why I got downgrade to Gold. I was like seriously? do you even ever read the rules for membership. you count 5 month of stays for my membership re-qualification status?

please if you guys got any contact to a higher up, will be much more appreciated.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:10 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Just receive a call from accor plus indonesia membership, her name is Shanty.

she confirm that I reach platinum in July 2016. now she said the reason that I got downgrade to gold because she count that from July 2016-31st December 2016 i do not reach 60 nights that why I got downgrade to Gold. I was like seriously? do you even ever read the rules for membership. you count 5 month of stays for my membership re-qualification status?

please if you guys got any contact to a higher up, will be much more appreciated.
Ququin, let me see what if I can help through the Singapore A+ office.
Can you please PM your name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.