Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help, accor plus status problem

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Your account has an expiry of Dec 2017 but your virtual card should have your membership expiry date. According to Accor Plus, ignore the December expiry date on your account as it's the normal Accor earning period that will update in January. So what is your virtual card expiry date?
The virtual card also says Dec 2017.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
I've a written confirmation that if I do not renew my A+ membership when it expires in Nov. '17, I'll still retain my Plat status regardless.
I will not be renewing the membership this year, as I do not really use the F&B dining benefits, and I have enough stays to easily maintain/renew Plat. anyway

I'm considering moving some of my stays to Hilton as they have renewed my Gold status (which was a status match last year) until 3/31/19 and I didn't even have to complete the Gold fast track challenge.

So yeah, Accor needs to learn how to win over new customers like Hilton does.
With Hilton Gold, I get free full hot b/fast & room upgrades every time.
The only downside is that Hilton doesn't really do late check outs e.g. 1pm or 2pm
The latest check out time I got was at Hilton Chicago airport - 4pm!
That's something which I really liked about Accor's 5pm check outs.

Hi,

Regardless whether you renew your Accorplus membership or switch to Le Club, after the expiry of your Accorplus membership, and Rewards points that have not expired will be retained or transferred to Le Club.

As for the Status, the system will look at the Status points or nights earned for the year 2016 as well as for this calendar year, i.e. Jan 2017 till the date you renew or switch it. If one of the above periods meets the criteria for Platinum, you would maintain it.

Regards,
A.
Member Services (Singapore) Accor Plus
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
This coming September may be my last renewal for Aplus.

The "bugs" has been fixed and my status will drop to Silver. So I want get any status next year and will use up my points and complimentary nights.

I really feel short changed being Aplus member as if I am not Aplus member my Platinum will still be valid until 31December, which is 3 more months.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:42 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
From Plat to Silver, by renewal

I qualified for Platinum last summer, 2016, on points. I've been an Accor Plus member for over a decade.

I renewed my AccorPlus last week and was immediately Silver. For the last few years, it seemed that there have been a few stages of integration with the account data/details, so I waited a few days.

Nope, still silver.

Shouldn't this year's status be valid until December.

I'm platinum on SPG and Marriott, so it only makes sense that my money will only be distributed among those I have top status with. Does Accor not want my money? Or do they just want to guarantee I don't renew again?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:10 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
I qualified for Platinum last summer, 2016, on points. I've been an Accor Plus member for over a decade.

I renewed my AccorPlus last week and was immediately Silver. For the last few years, it seemed that there have been a few stages of integration with the account data/details, so I waited a few days.

Nope, still silver.

Shouldn't this year's status be valid until December.

I'm platinum on SPG and Marriott, so it only makes sense that my money will only be distributed among those I have top status with. Does Accor not want my money? Or do they just want to guarantee I don't renew again?
Habe you emailed our messaged them?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:32 pm

Typically, the staff are clueless, and the computer sorts it out on its own.

My AccorPlus sales agent stated that I didn't qualify for plat last year because I only had 19 stays. But, I didn't qualify on stays.

I have not yet emailed anyone.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:51 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Typically, the staff are clueless, and the computer sorts it out on its own.

My AccorPlus sales agent stated that I didn't qualify for plat last year because I only had 19 stays. But, I didn't qualify on stays.

I have not yet emailed anyone.
I would suggest to give it until the end of this week. If nothing comes send them an email and state the case.
If the response is still useless, drop me a PM and I will see if there is something I can help with.

(Of course assuming you are 100% sure that you are eligible for Plat and that your points earned last year Jan to Dec 2016 were min 25,000).
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I would suggest to give it until the end of this week. If nothing comes send them an email and state the case.
If the response is still useless, drop me a PM and I will see if there is something I can help with.

(Of course assuming you are 100% sure that you are eligible for Plat and that your points earned last year Jan to Dec 2016 were min 25,000).
Gilbertaue, for me I really feel short change as Aplus member. I know I do not have enough nights or points to requalify. But if I am not Aplus member, my Platinum status will only expire by 31-Dec.

However because I am paying for Aplus, my elite status will expire this month.

What kind of logic is this? I may as well stop paying the membership.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
Gilbertaue, for me I really feel short change as Aplus member. I know I do not have enough nights or points to requalify. But if I am not Aplus member, my Platinum status will only expire by 31-Dec.

From what I was told it is case by case and subject to appeal. So once your membership gets renewed I suggest pushing REALLY hard.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:41 am

From what I was told it is case by case and subject to appeal. So once your membership gets renewed I suggest pushing REALLY hard.
on what basis I should push as I do not clock enough nights/points.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:40 pm

on what basis I should push as I do not clock enough nights/points.
To make sure they give it to you at least till the end of this year. You earned it last year, so you should get that benefit.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG

I have similar situation. Mine expired in end of Nov. I didn't realise A+ followed a rolling year not calender year. Yup it's short changing us A+ members. So I'm not renewing A+ membership this year.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:57 am

It seems from the website, that Accor does a soft landing, if a member doesn't requalify. So, one would only drop down one level. I don't remember this being part of the program. Can anyone clarify?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:10 am

It seems from the website, that Accor does a soft landing, if a member doesn't requalify. So, one would only drop down one level. I don't remember this being part of the program. Can anyone clarify?
there is no soft landing. The tier is determine based on your qualification. If you are Platinum but you do not even earn enough for Silver, you will get downgraded to Basic.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:14 am

To make sure they give it to you at least till the end of this year. You earned it last year, so you should get that benefit.
OK. I will give it a try. Who should I ask for this. The sales lady will definitely ask me to check with CS as she cannot even tell what status I will get.

I will give them a year of chance to show that Aplus is indeed still worth, after being 13 years as customer. Also because I still have 1 unused comp night from this year and I still have 40K points in my account, which I better used it up before Sep next year.

I really hate it, now it is very hard to use complimentary night at high end hotel and there is no more way to look the availability calendar.

Also, I cannot even look (not to mention) what is avail beyond Sep. The way Accor implement it, as if we will not continue the membership. (then I will do as they wish)

They should let people see and book but with a warning that booking can be honor if the membership is being renewed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.