Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2017 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Le Club members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:

Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2017 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:43 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
ibis Styles Batam Nagoya

- Name of the hotel: ibis Styles Batam Nagoya

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 2 Superior rooms and both rooms got upgraded to Junior Suite with Balcony. (2 category upgrade for both rooms)

- How are the rooms? Generally good, room size definitely exceeded ibis Styles standard however workmanship was still ibis quality. Nonetheless, rooms were good

Good:
- Upon arrival at the hotel, both GM and HM came to greet us, welcome us to the hotel and gave us a short tour of the place (Definitely WOW-ed by how they treat Platinum here at ibis Styles Batam, never have I been greeted by both GM and HM upon arrival to the hotel at any other Accor Hotel)
- Room was spacious (even Superior was spacious)
- Service was great
- Spa was reasonably priced and good (pity they are not part of the hotel)
- There was a pool and gym
- Resort like feel
- Restaurant local ala carte food was excellent
- Breakfast selection was great considering it's an ibis Styles

Bad:
- Small design flaws in the room, highlighted it to HM and he said he was aware and process to rectify was underway.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Forgot to use it

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes definitely, am already planning my next trip there.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:21 pm

Mercure Manchester Piccadilly

Name of the hotel: Mercure Manchester Piccadilly

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic room, upgraded to suite on top floor

How are the rooms? The room was fine although looking a bit tired. Large bedroom with king size four poster bed and work desk. Separate sitting area with large table, sofa and another work desk.

Good:

Room was very clean and everything worked properly.
Nice view from the bar
Food in the bar was of good quality.
Bed very comfortable.

Bad:

Nothing internally, however at the moment there appears to be a spice problem in Manchester and in the evening I felt quite unsettled wandering around with people looking like zombies whilst there were a couple of dealers visible when walking back to the hotel.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

Welcome drink or 100 points offered at check-in and option to add dinner at a discounted rate - saved £5 IIRC.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Booked a week before on the Happy Mondays at £40, would definitely return at that rate.

Ibis Styles is almost directly opposite the hotel though and would be tempted to try there if rates were similar though as it's much newer than here.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:58 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very very happy.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked superior room and received luxury room (one level upgrade).

How are the rooms?
Very unique, minimalistic design.
Superior rooms and junior suites are all white and facing Leopoldstadt and the Prater amusement park. Luxury rooms (slightly bigger than superior rooms but smaller than junior suites) are all grey and facing downtown and St. Stephen’s cathedral. Bigger suites are in one corner of the building.
Our luxury room had both walk-in shower and bathtub, two sinks, king-size bed, couch corner and Nespresso machine. Views from the 16th floor to the old town were amazing!

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
* Very friendly staff
* Excellent platinum treatment (see details below)
* Online check-in (I had checked in online and for the first time it worked as swift: I just showed my platinum card and received room keys and drink voucher. There was no need showing passport or credit card)

Bad:
Nothing really (except lack of lounge).

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
* Early check-in at 10:30am
* Late check-out anytime we wanted to so it was 5:00pm
* Room preference was honored: high floor and far away from elevators
* Welcome drinks for two (we were able to get anything that costed max 15 euros, also champagne and cocktails, even though the voucher said those are excluded)
* Free minibar that included still and sparkling water, plus apple, apricot and orange juices (they were refilled daily)
* 1st day gift: selection of small pastries and hand written card from concierge + sample size bottle of Hermes eau de toilette and face cream
* 2nd day gift: small chocolate cake with berries
* Three whole Nespresso tubes (ie 30 coffee capsules) were left to our room during turn down service after we had finished all coffee capsules
* Daily newspaper delivered to the room every morning

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes, absolutely.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:36 pm

Name of the hotel: Mercure Salvador Rio Vermelho

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, got one with ocean view.

- How are the rooms? They could use some renovation, but not bad at all. Pretty typical Mercure.

Good: Breakfast (tapiocas made on order!). Front desk staff.

Bad: A bit far from the historical sights and no beach at the hotel.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Vouchers for drinks provided during check in, beer and soft drinks only.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes and yes.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:44 pm

Name of the hotel: Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

- What is your Le Club status?Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very much.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked the cheapest standard room, got a renovated one with a beautiful view

- How are the rooms? Small, but very beautifully decorated

Good: Breakfast, beautiful pool and steam room, toiletries, location.

Bad: Nothing I can recall. Maybe the crowded lobby during a conference. Oh, and when I asked for a shoe shine, they brought me cream, polish and a brush to the room (I honestly believe it was a language misunderstanding)

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Vouchers given during check in, valid for very tasty cocktails. Polish pastries in room on our first day,with a letter signed by the general manager. Chocolate and poems on the pillows after turn down.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Definitely
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:49 pm

Name of the hotel: Mercure Wroclaw Centrum

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? I don't recall this hotel having different categories.

- How are the rooms? Typical Mercure, maybe too much on the small side.

Good: Location.

Bad: Curtain let too much sunshine in, room a bit noisy during the day (I love daytime naps). Front desk informed me wrong price for a taxi to the airport and the driver had to prove he was not scamming me. I felt a bit sorry for the guy.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Vouchers for drinks given at check in, valid for an average cocktail

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:55 pm

Name of the hotel: Novotel Lima

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard booked, executive received

- How are the rooms? Comfortable, average sized

Good: front desk staff, steam room, bar, drivers to and from airport

Bad: the place seems to draw locals to its bar and hosts parties. I wasn't disturbed, but I believe it may be noisy in some rooms

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drinks vouchers given at check in. I got a beer and don't recall if it was valid for something else

Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:06 pm

Name of the hotel: Novotel Cusco

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard, got standard

- How are the rooms? Well sized, typical Novotel

Good: Location and the beautiful building itself. Front desk seemed genuinely worried an upgrade was not available and made up for it by providing some museum tickets. Room service saved my Christmas night

Bad: flashing light from smoke detector right over the bed. They fixed it with some tape, but it was so flashy that it I believe they should not wait for the guest to complain, but rather just leave the tape there. Besides, the building is just too beautiful to be occupied by a brand like Novotel, which I believe is more standardised. Some personal and local touches (besides the weave basket) in the rooms could make the place more welcoming. I was also not satisfied with the airport transfer I booked, since they sent a regular taxi (which I could pick myself). Fortunately, after complaining, they agreed to charge me just for a regular taxi.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?Vouchers provided at check in, valid for soft drinks, beer and a tiny pisco sour

Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:21 pm

Sofitel New York

Name of the hotel: Sofitel New York

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic, got classic on 14th floor (highest in this category)

- How are the rooms? other than it is sometimes a little noisy when the room next to you are having shower, it is quite good in terms of size and i believe the style is typical Sofitel

Good: Location is great, it is very close to Times Square and subway

Bad: other than the little noise mentioned above (which isn't a big deal anyway), I don't remember any

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
1 drink voucher provided at check in but didn't use it (the reception almost gave me 2 since I have a friends picking me up from the airport and was there at check in, but the staff took away one after I said only 1 key card is needed since only me will be staying so I assume you will receive 2 if there are 2 people staying) and there were 2 macaroons inside the room. Late check out till 15.00 was also provided upon request.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I booked it during the private sale so no doubt the value is great, I might choose the novotel next time though just for the sake of trying different hotels. The price of these 2 seems to be quite close most of the time.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by patrickw
Name of the hotel: Sofitel New York

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic, got classic on 14th floor (highest in this category)
So no upgrade. Did you challenge it ? Was the hotel full ?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
So no upgrade. Did you challenge it ? Was the hotel full ?
No i didn't challenge it because i don't really remember which floor is the border at check in and only found out later. However, there is a superior room type being exactly the same as classic just it is between 15th-29th floor so I guess there isn't really any difference between being on 14th or potentially on 15th floor.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
For the price the New York Sofitel charges you can estimate that there would be some difference. If the price between Classic and superior is close then it probably is only a little difference. If say between Superior and Luxury room is a big difference then it must be a significant upgrade.

I always will book a more expensive room if the price is similar as that avoids the 1 level upgrade being valued at like less than 30/40 dollars per night.

Looking right now online accorhotels.com The price difference between the 2 rooms is about 25USD so I guess just the floor height. Superior to Luxury also about 25USD difference. Sweet spot seems to be between Luxury room and Executive suite which could value the upgrade at around 70 USD.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:10 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Mercure Singapore Bugis (3nd stay)

Name of the hotel: Mercure Singapore Bugis (3nd stay)

What is your Le Club status? Silver/Platinum (We have 2 cards in the family, had to use the Silver card as points were expiring so had to book a stay to extend 1 more year)

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Definitely

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Executive Loft room and got Executive Loft room

How are the rooms?
I requested for a specific corner room (611) and got it. Room is bigger than normal rooms. See Hotel thread for photos.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Buffet breakfast improved again from my previous stay.
- Still the best Lounge staff ever.
- Even though we used the Silver status card to book, they treated us like Platinum since we usually book with that card.

Bad:
- Welcome gift could be better. (2 tiny chocolates)

Did you get club lounge access? Yes

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? House-pour wine, soft drinks, etc.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, definitely.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Angry Pullman Cologne

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Cologne

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
This was my 4th stay here. The 3 first were good, this one not

Booked Luxury and got upgraded tp junior suite.

- How are the rooms? As described in my previous reviews, this certainly not the best Pullman, as the style is a bot dated, but it is very acceptable and this is without doubts the best Accor hotel in Cologne. The room had a splendid view on the cathedral.

Good: The Elite recognition has always been without problem for me at all my stays. Proactive upgrade without asking. Hotel very centrally located. Underground parking. Nice bar on the 12th floor.

Bad: several things
- I stayed 2 nights. The 1st night after the dinner, I noticed a strong very bad smell (sewer smell) coming from the bathroom and invading the suite. I was tired as I arrived directly from the US and just wanted to go to bed (it was out of question at that moment to repack all my stuff and change room). I closed the door of the bathroom to limit the diffusion of the odor in the room, but it was really unpleasant and it woke me up several times during the night. The following morning, I informed the front desk about the problem. When I came back from my meetings late afternoon, the odor was still present and strong. Back to reception and they proposed me another room very close to mine (still a junior suite). OK deal. I move my stuff. There was no bad smell. Coming back from dinner... the smell reached this room too, but hopefully not as strong as in the other room (I would say it was bearable). I informed the front desk and they said that they indeed have a problem.
- during the 2nd night (in the 2nd suite), I was awaken at 2:30 am by some music. I realized that I was right below the 12th floor bar and that this music was likely coming from there . I called from desk who obviously was not so surprised because he said "OK I will ask them to stop" Indeed, the music stopped 30 sec later. But that's not finished, because even if no more music for the next hour, they were cleaning the bar and so I was hearing all the furnitures moved to facilitate the cleaning
- the temperature in (both) rooms was hot, despite the AC set up on the minimum (18°C displayed but it was likely 25). I had to sleep above bedsheets, otherwise felt to warm.
- parking is quite expensive (25E/day)

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? There is a separate menu for what you can get with the drink voucher. The selection is quite large.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? On 4 stays, this is the only bad one. But the issues wee quite serious for an hotel of that category. So I don't know...

Last edited by Goldorak; May 2, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Old May 1, 2017, 10:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Pullman Zhuhai

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very happy!

Booked 2 rooms 1 executive room and 1 superior room. Upgraded both rooms
1 to executive suite and 1 room upgraded to executive room.

- How are the rooms? Rooms are looking new and great condition. The difference between executive room and suite was minor. Basically just an additional toilet for visitors, a wall separating the room into a small lounge and a small bedroom. Bathroom exactly the same. Both rooms on the 19th floor.

Good: The elite recognition was great. Upon checking in at the lounge on the 21st floor (you need help from the staff on the first floor to get there), we were warmly welcomed sat down and had a drink. Firstly we were given rooms on different floors. I asked if it was possible both rooms to be on the same floor. So after 5 mins it was all approved.
3 drink vouchers were given. About 30mins after arriving in the suite room a rock plate was brought in with fruit and some sweet treats. Quite stylishly done with the Pullman name made on the rock plate with icing sugar.
Staff overall were quite helpful with getting us taxis or questions.
They also had nice Swiss ice cream on offer for only the first night of our stay in a self serve freezer.
Also some drinks in the mini bar were complimentary (Juice/2 soft drink cans and the Evian next to the bed.

Bad: Not really a big issue but the selection of foods in the lounge compared to say the Sofitel Macau less than 5kms away was a bit thin for breakfast especially and less so for the evening. Also the drinks were behind a bar including the soft drinks or juices so if we needed anything we needed the staff to help out. I prefer to help myself for such simple things.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
As mentioned above it was a nice lounge but could do with a few more food options for breakfast and the evenings. We instead had breakfast downstairs and while it was good I wouldn't say it was great quality.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? As mentioned before we had 3 drink vouchers. Upon checking out we took 3 soft drinks for the ferry back to Shenzhen. The welcome gift was a nice touch.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? We would return though the price is not cheap considering its not Guangzhou, Shanghai or Beijing. I would say average/good value considering the benefits we had (170usd per night per room). Zhuhai is supposed to be getting a Sofitel this year and I would be tempted to try that out next time if its opened by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.