Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Mercure Bratislava

Mercure Bratislava Centrum Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Zabotova 2 Bratislava 1 Bratislava, SK 811-04

Mercure Bratislava (11 Photos)

I stayed 3 nights at the Mercure Bratislava. There are 2 Accor hotels in town: an Ibis and the Mercure. The stay was a mixed bag but in the ned it was pleasant enough.

Check In

Check in started not well. The receptionist wanted all the personal details which the Accor system already has. When I pointed this out she just went rather sour. Nothing was prepared for a Le Club Plat arrival. The room I had booked was not available so I was downgraded which was a bit of a pain but the rate was adjusted.

Lobby area (the designer has obviously a thing for pink):

e7b85391ff8389852e2d45107fa6c0d9.jpg

Room

The room (a privilege room) was spacious and well designed. The bed was not the most comfortable one but neither was it the worst I have ever slept in (keeping in mind this is a Mercure not a Sofitel). The bathroom is open which may pose a problem for some. That said it was well stocked and had a decent rain shower.

The room also featured a desk, mini bar (charging a staggering €6.50 for a small beer), free water and a coffee machine which was only partially working.

Wifi is free at the hotel throughout for an unlimited number of devices.

67444815d9595fc6322bd419a430765f.jpg

37d2a3b20005e396b476147eac3100f4.png

2b67e8a1ffd25e9d094c006bdcdd1069.jpg

b8f6d5696ee926b1d19e5158c3d98e7c.jpg

5ce2190b9e10fce8b3041d5817ad2992.jpg

Service

Service was a mixture of hot and cold. Several staff members, especially at the reception, were not very friendly. While I was waiting in line a guy in front of me was told by a receptionist to stop talking as had to concentrate. Ouch!

On the last day the maid entered the room without even knocking. Luckily I was decent :)

The Le Club welcome amenity was a suit bag:

089b43800165259bca2ecc31095b68cc.jpg

Fresh fruit were delivered to the room in the evening.

Dining

I only had breakfast at the hotel which decent. Plenty of hot and cold choices with free flowing cava (I only tried it on the last day!)

The hotel is centrally located, a 20 minute walk to the old town, a 10 minute taxi ride from the bus station (try not to get ripped off by Bratislava taxi drivers, it happened to me), a 5 minute walk to the train station.

While we are talking about taxis: Always order one from a hotel reception or use Uber. Apparently ripping off tourists is very common by a dedicated crew of unscrupulous taxi drivers. Why these are allowed to keep their taxi license I don't know.

Lounge

This Mercure has a "Privilege Lounge" which is open to those staying in a privilege room or Le Club Platinum members. A very rare but welcome development for a Mercure in Europe. 

On offer are croissants, tea/coffee, juice and canapes in the evenings. One evening the also had beer but not on any other evenings which was a bit odd. There are no staff in the lounge but it is being cleaned regularly.

Overall a very nice addition.

e1325793fa545706a7e7b5a3096df574.jpg

2c5bb82e34b32df07d581dd3cc13430d.jpg

16a69c4b01cb8efe92bd0e6cfdc3e9dc.jpg

54e6d2f0ac67b279c2cd98de87b4be90.jpg

Overall

Overall I would recommend this hotel when in town. It is reasonably priced, modern and clean. With a little bit of staff training this could be an excellent hotel.

Mercure Bratislava

Would you like to write a review on the Mercure Bratislava Centrum Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thanks SFG! A. LOUNGE. IN. A. MERCURE. IN. CENTRAL. EUROPE???!!!!! wowzers!
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:13 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Thanks SFG! A. LOUNGE. IN. A. MERCURE. IN. CENTRAL. EUROPE???!!!!! wowzers!
Yup, I was stunned too. 😮
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:14 am
Community Director Emerita

Pink chairs in the lobby make my teeth ache.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for the review Starflyergold. The lounge is indeed a great and too rare thing and an example to follow (hence my disappointment when they closed the lounge at Mercure Istanbul Taksim). But your experience at check-in was really miserable.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
Some things have changed since 2016. Some products from the minibar (Toma water, orange juice, Pepsi, Mirinda) are free for people staying in Priviledge rooms. (We had to contact reception to have them restocked on day 2 of the stay.)

My welcome gift was a selection of fruit (five pieces) with a standard welcome note.

They have the same big coffee machines in the rooms. They are rather noisy and not very intuitive. Also, we only got 1 pod with regular coffee yesterday (and another pod with decaffeinated coffee). I was too tired to chase the housekeeping again. You can have coffee in the Lounge. The coffee machine is quicker and uses real beans.

The Lounge has a really odd design -- few seats. Dirty dishes are removed every now and then by the staff. Not very regularly. On my first visit to the Lounge, there were no clean water glasses; only coffee cups. The choice of drinks/snacks is very limited. There's water, tea/coffee and three kinds of juices. A few packets of crisps and too many types of sweet dried fruit (but no nuts/peanuts). There were a few croissants in the morning (+ honey/jam). All gone by midday. There were some apples and kiwis yesterday, but not today. A tiny amount of cheese was available in the afternoon yesterday. There are lots plates and cutlery on display, but no snacks.
In short, a very disappointing Lounge. I don't really understand why they even bother to keep it open.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I am deciding if I should stay in Mercure or ibis Bratislava. It is just a night stay. The price difference is USD14 (56 vs 70).

Mercure seems nearer to train station which may be an advantage.

Any other comment? I am only Gold, so lounge is irrelevant here.

mercure Standard room is only 19sqm with superior room is 21 sqm. Ibis doesn’t published the room size.

Last edited by lingua101; Sep 1, 2019 at 4:16 am
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: LeClubAccor
In June I went to Mercure and as a Gold member got upgraded to Privilege room with lounge access and 10% discount on F&B and parking.

For that difference I'd go to Mercure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.